The situation in St Louis

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
For those who arent aware, another person who belongs to a minority group was murdered in cold blood by the 'police'. Thankfully, massive protests have flooded the streets

This situation in St Louis is stunning. Those police are a gang, who possess the right to distribute 'legitimate violence'.

0.jpg

images

And great to see civil protesters standing up to looting.

As expected, the State has taken the side of it's hit squad gang and declared a curfew.

An interesting side plot has emerged. A social media hastag #IfTheyGunnedMeDown has sprang up and contested the racially charged pictures the media use to show black victims of police gang violence.

tumblr_naf18uqAzd1qkzyalo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_naetk5b7IX1r33yvmo1_1280.jpg

Puzzling response, protesters are upset over either obscene brutality or massive overreaction of police (depending who you believe)

Police response is to call in support and march around with assault rifles and APCS. I can't imagine why people are upset....

As a few US military personnel have said already, calling this "the militarisation of the police" is an insult to the military, many have come out saying things along the lines of "we would never have operated this way in Iraq/Afghanistan, let alone in the US"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ee-deeply-flawed-police-response-in-ferguson/

Puzzling response, protesters are upset over either obscene brutality or massive overreaction of police (depending who you believe)

Police response is to call in support and march around with assault rifles and APCS. I can't imagine why people are upset....

As a few US military personnel have said already, calling this "the militarisation of the police" is an insult to the military, many have come out saying things along the lines of "we would never have operated this way in Iraq/Afghanistan, let alone in the US"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ee-deeply-flawed-police-response-in-ferguson/

I'm sorry but that article is the biggest load of s**t I've ever read. That guy is seriously demented and relying on the media who have failed to report whats really gone on in Iraq and Afghanistan.

After blackwater committed a severe atrocity in Fallujah, how did the military react to the protests? They absolutely flattened the place with white phosphorous and depleted uranium shells that have left generations of children mutated and the area a nuclear waste zone.

I don't understand what those photos are supposed to demonstrate.
Left loony leaner views that the cops are absolutely out of control all the time and also that they target anyone anytime for anything I guess.

Not those photos, the ones at the bottom with the guy drinking champagne etc.
I think it's meant to be that, if they were to be portrayed in the media after being shot, they have "dodgy" photos of themselves and nice ones, and the photo used could depend on how the story was to be presented. Pretty sure they're two sets of two photos of the same people anyway.

I think it's meant to be that, if they were to be portrayed in the media after being shot, they have "dodgy" photos of themselves and nice ones, and the photo used could depend on how the story was to be presented. Pretty sure they're two sets of two photos of the same people anyway.
So pretty much the way the media use photos to present any story, anywhere ever then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes. there is the perception by minorities that an unsavoury image will be presented in the quest to show that the person probably deserved it.

Take this case. The police decided to release footage suggesting that Michael Brown was involved in robbing a store earlier that day. Except the cop that shot him didn't know about that incident.....

s**t just got really ****ed up. More journos being arrested, black journos not allowed in, kids and journos being teargassed.
Some people reporting that white anarchists have been stirring up trouble, throwing molotovs etc. Federal intervention needed.
BvSis0dCAAEU-1l.jpg:large

BvSi_2_IQAAOFHQ.png:small

That's an execution, effectively.

the racially charged pictures the media use

Like using this:

1408222356411.jpg

Instead of this:

fergusonstrongarmedrobbery3.jpg

Or this:

1408227869750.jpg

In the week following Mike Brown getting shot as he rushed a cop, 26 blacks in Chicago alone have been shot and killed. The MB incident fits a narrative that gets the media absolutely frothing - the possibility of race war.
The unending torrent of black on black violence in Obama's hometown is just business as usual.

Like using this:

1408222356411.jpg

Instead of this:

fergusonstrongarmedrobbery3.jpg

Or this:

1408227869750.jpg

In the week following Mike Brown getting shot as he rushed a cop, 26 blacks in Chicago alone have been shot and killed. The MB incident fits a narrative that gets the media absolutely frothing - the possibility of race war.
The unending torrent of black on black violence in Obama's hometown is just business as usual.
What a pathetic response.

Like using this:

Are you suggesting its okay for cops to shoot unarmed civilians, multiple times?

This is older, but still relevant http://www.theatlantic.com/national...eople-protest-black-on-black-violence/255329/

Plenty of black people speak out about black on black violence, and are working to reduce it. White people don't want to talk about that though.

I think you're missing the point here.

It's not so much the incident but the authorities reaction to what happened next, and the wider concern of the militarization of the police. We could be seeing a morphing of the police form a force that is meant to protect citizens, into one that views them as the enemy.

If the initial protest hadn't devolved into looting then the police response would not be as harsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back