The situation in St Louis

Remove this Banner Ad

BvYigv5IIAA_zCo.jpg

A triumph of international diplomacy from one of American leading policy think tanks.

BvYigv5IIAA_zCo.jpg

A triumph of international diplomacy from one of American leading policy think tanks.
Just wow. I'm scared to ask how many people liked (or whatever the twitter equivalent is) each one, I think more may support the CSIS one unfortunately

I dunno. Those twitter feeds stating gassing neighbourhoods - not protesters.
That's some s**t going down.
Fed gov has legislation where in protests or large public gatherings apple have to turn off all its phones if requested.This is a pre curser to slaughter.

between his friend (ok, bias) and the lady waiting for the bus & the guy who was tweeting... none state that Brown kept coming at the officer.
Both the friend & lady state he was trying to flee, and the guy who tweeted "they just shot him".

2 bullets to the head... on a reportedly fleeing, unarmed teen.

Was fleeing, was he? If he was fleeing when he was shot, his back would be turned, right? Why, then, did none of the bullets enter through the back of his body? Some witnesses also said he was shot execution style. There isn't a shed of credibility among the witnesses.

There's also that video taken after the shooting which picks up audio of an apparent witness talking about what had happened. That witness seems to claim that Brown turned around and ran back towards the police officer.

You got a source for that statement?

The media has reported that a protestor was shot. Unlike if the roles were reversed, the skin colour of the victim hasn't been reported by mainstream media.
http://www.commdiginews.com/news-2/...n-critical-condition-as-tensions-flair-24015/

Here's a video:
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

The mass and social media have turned this into a ground zero issue of the moment.

People are killed across the US every day who didn't deserve it (that's IF it wasn't deserved, devils advocate and all). The bigger story here is how a small town can turn into a lawless area so quickly.

Its now self perpetuating, police needed to step up their efforts/firepower in case even more private property was vandalised, anti authority forces see the harsh response and join in the fray, local poor black folk see the buildup as the whitey establishment keeping the down, people in living rooms across the western world egg on the locals to "stand up for their rights", with the end result being those same locals taking the heat from police/ruined businesses/investors avoiding the area like the plague. The living room activists will mass migrate to a new issue within weeks, the locals will be left picking up the pieces.

Until the next issue of the moment, so are the days of our online lives.......

I can't quite get my head around people siding with the guys breaking news cameras, firing tear gas and driving tanks.

The same people then turn around and warn us all of the boogie man in the turban plotting to destroy Western freedoms.

Incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is also about the growing disparity in wealth in the US, take race out of the equation, it would instructive to see the median income of police shooting victims. Some posters here would have us looking to parts of France for a glimpse of Australia's future. I'd also keep an eye on America as this government's policies further widen the gap between the haves and have nots. Thank Christ we aren't all armed to the teeth.

It's not hard to see where the money is being spent when the weapons, training and vehicles roll out like that.
It's weapons and vehicles. These meathead cops appear to get this gear with none of the training.

Backtracking furiously

Our sincerest apologies to @amnesty & our followers. Our last tweet was sent in error. We're reviewing internal policies for social media.
5:03pm - 19 Aug 14
:drunk:

I can't quite get my head around people siding with the guys breaking news cameras, firing tear gas and driving tanks.

The same people then turn around and warn us all of the boogie man in the turban plotting to destroy Western freedoms.

Incredible.
Yet had these total idiots not thrown a bottle today as part of their 'demonstration' we would not be having the aftermath broadcast on the news.

Yet had these total idiots not thrown a bottle today as part of their 'demonstration' we would not be having the aftermath broadcast on the news.
So they all collectively threw bottles? One person threw one bottle?

That still doesn't mean that there isn't a need to then try and rersolve order with what they did due to not knowing what was going to flare. There's terrible rationale for what they did considering that they had the events after to contend with. Which included people being bloatantly stupid.

Cops in full riot gear have one water bottle thrown at them and they fake that as the right to open a can of whoop arse in everyone? No wonder they were surprised someone complained that they shot an unarmed man dead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back