Analysis The Small Things

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone call someone champ, whose over 10, without being at least half condescending? Unless they've just won a boxing/martial arts competition of some kind anyway.

Here's ya trophy Champ!

Picture+117.png

You get called Champ by a casual acquaintance who can't be bothered to remember your name.
**** that person.

Yes, f@#k that person. F@#k them with the power of a thousand satchels filled with the biggest units available from both man and beast.

Does anyone call someone champ, whose over 10, without being at least half condescending? Unless they've just won a boxing/martial arts competition of some kind anyway.

My point exactly. As soon as I hear someone say it my opinion of them plummets.

Kids under ten should be called Tiger anyway

Ratbag is also ok

Just curious here with all this C Gayle nonsense going around atm, do you think the AFL and Richmond will come down heavy on D Martin's drunken incident involving a female?

When do you know that you've "hit it" exactly?

I mean it's not time for me to rename it Gandalf just yet but I have found a couple of grey strands recently.

Has Sando offered you a lift?

Just curious here with all this C Gayle nonsense going around atm, do you think the AFL and Richmond will come down heavy on D Martin's drunken incident involving a female?
Ha ha ha. There's a clear cut case of threatening someone's life, absolutely no gray areas of culture, context or the right time. So expect the AFL to do nothing. It's a pity he plays for Richmond or Caro would be into them more. She's only human and goes lighter on her own club unfortunately.

Ha ha ha. There's a clear cut case of threatening someone's life, absolutely no gray areas of culture, context or the right time. So expect the AFL to do nothing. It's a pity he plays for Richmond or Caro would be into them more. She's only human and goes lighter on her own club unfortunately.

Most Richmond supporters don't see it that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most Richmond supporters don't see it that way.
Of course. And Essendon fans still like Hird. And Adelaide fans think they were guilty only of a clerical error. Thankfully we haven't had anything in recent times to test our cognitive dissonance. I'd like to think our fans are better, but I'd rather not have it tested.

Thankfully we haven't had anything in recent times to test our cognitive dissonance. I'd like to think our fans are better, but I'd rather not have it tested.

According to the rest of the state we have.

Apparently the conglomerate of hobby farm clubs who survive on AFL funding and membership bases stretching into the tens are the only reason we're around to thrive today, and we should he grovelling at their feet/paying them millions in reparations.

It's our fault for stabbing Mother Fruchoctopia in her veiny tit.

It's our fault for agreeing to be gouged blind on matchdays.

It's our fault for agreeing to the Ethelton decree.

It's our fault Basheer, Whicker and Olsen insisted on driving us and the AFL down the path of revolution over evolution.

And so on.

Ratbag is also ok

I luv 'ratbag'!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takes me back to the days of tonsillitis and icecream, six-packs of Coca Cola in metal crates with sharp edges that scar, and the 'Bugs Bunny Show' when you're crying with laughter while trying to do homework.

I luv 'ratbag'!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takes me back to the days of tonsillitis and icecream, six-packs of Coca Cola in metal crates with sharp edges that scar, and the 'Bugs Bunny Show' when you're crying with laughter while trying to do homework.

Amscol icecream at that. It's a food not a fad

Speaking of little dicks I'll share a true story.
ANZAC day game MCG 2002 we are on our way home from Tasmania and come 1/2 time I'm bursting for a 'leak'.
Being a virtual newcomer to the ground it takes me awhile to find the 'mens'. When I did the crowd was 10 deep
and I thought geez bad timing. In walks this guy who standing next to me and seeing the obvious long wait calls out
"hey guys can I squeeze in up there, I won't take long, I've only got a little dick". Some uncomfortable titters could be heard
but some, myself incl, nearly lost control.

Ahh Amscol(Adelaide Milk Supply Co Ltd)what a treat as a kid. Thought there was nothing better 'til I tried Golden North.
Worked a summer as a del. driver for Amscol once.
One of my uncles worked for Amscol. He took me sometimes, when I was about 12, on his weekend runs. Ended up with a few ice creams lol.
Funny, I never said no when he asked me if I wanted to go ...

One of my uncles worked for Amscol. He took me sometimes, when I was about 12, on his weekend runs. Ended up with a few ice creams lol.
Funny, I never said no when he asked me if I wanted to go ...

In and out of the refrigerated truck in the heat got my sinuses up and about. Struck me as a 'family' Co with some drivers being
your old school 'real' characters. A bloke called Cyril in particular. There was an art to loading your truck and
finding a park close to the shop to deliver orders. Naturally it took me awhile to finish 'runs' on time until Cyril told me
"double park mate and if you box somebody in for a minute or two, giv'em an ice cream, that'll shut 'em up."
The old factory on Angas St is now home to probably 100 people or more in medium/high density living.
Peter Darley ex South Adelaide champion had the '7 Stars' near by. A favourite for the drivers on payday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back