Analysis The Small Things

Remove this Banner Ad

Just curious here with all this C Gayle nonsense going around atm, do you think the AFL and Richmond will come down heavy on D Martin's drunken incident involving a female?
You watch, go on some token counselling and play round 1. Ffs hodge got done dui but oz skipper. Double standards if you are a very good player

You watch, go on some token counselling and play round 1. Ffs hodge got done dui but oz skipper. Double standards if you are a very good player

See Hamish McLachlan a bit frisky in today's SM :rolleyes:

No doubt just a miniscule judgement error that big bro Gilly can sandpaper over to avoid any family scandal
images

The media aren't even naming him in the article headlines. It's all been "Sunrise journalist does such and such"

If it were anyone else it would be "Name of person does such and such"

Saw an interview with Barry Humphries the other day where he only half jokingly commented that what they used to call courting is now called sexual harassment.
He's a tricky quote source because he so easily slips into stirring mode. Even part way through a serious interview you can get a phrase or two where when you see it (if it's recorded) he's clearly doing it for humour.

He's a tricky quote source because he so easily slips into stirring mode. Even part way through a serious interview you can get a phrase or two where when you see it (if it's recorded) he's clearly doing it for humour.

I wonder if he's appeared more than once on Q&A. The one time I saw him on that show he was being very politically incorrect :p

Saw an interview with Barry Humphries the other day where he only half jokingly commented that what they used to call courting is now called sexual harassment.
Barry says a lot of s**t lately, if you put his name in Google.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Capitalism doesn't kill people. People kill people.

It's not even that I disagree with the sentiment (though I do, mostly) and more that it's just an unnecessary tangent from the overall theme of the rest of the comic.

I just don't know how you cant stamp this shiz out....

I never thought of it before... But women would have to put up with this on a daily basis...

I mean how many Chris Gayle's are out there...even if 1 out of 10 males behaved like him...thats still alot of people hitting on you....every freaking day...

Still I refuse to believe that women get payed less than men for the exact same job...

I never thought of it before... But women would have to put up with this on a daily basis...
I mean how many Chris Gayle's are out there...even if 1 out of 10 males behaved like him...that's still a lot of people hitting on you....every freaking day...

Still I refuse to believe that women get payed less than men for the exact same job...

Hitting on you? I wonder how many people actually took the time to consider what he said and whether it constituted anything more than an off-the-cuff remark. Maybe it wasn't appreciated but that's up to Mel McLaughlin to decide. And as to professionalism, well she's the one who's there to interview cricketers, like it or not you have to speak to people you don't like in your job and laugh off what they say. Everyone in any industry has to and you would cringe at some of the crap people have to put up with.

Hitting on you? I wonder how many people actually took the time to consider what he said and whether it constituted anything more than an off-the-cuff remark. Maybe it wasn't appreciated but that's up to Mel McLaughlin to decide. And as to professionalism, well she's the one who's there to interview cricketers, like it or not you have to speak to people you don't like in your job and laugh off what they say. Everyone in any industry has to and you would cringe at some of the crap people have to put up with.
Before this whole thing started I probably would have said the same thing as you..and I do still ...but in my situation not a females..

See what I guess I have learnt in this thread is....

What is an off the cuff haha joke to the boys is ...not appreciated by women...

Maybe it wasn't appreciated but that's up to Mel McLaughlin to decide. And as to professionalism, well she's the one who's there to interview cricketers, like it or not you have to speak to people you don't like in your job and laugh off what they say.
She did exactly that and handled the situational professionally. Last time I checked, Chris Gayle was a professional too. What's his excuse?

She did exactly that and handled the situational professionally. Last time I checked, Chris Gayle was a professional too. What's his excuse?
That filter between the brain and the mouth doesn't work for me because I'm rich, famous and therefore entitled
to do and say whatever I want. It's just me being me mmaaan. You know what I'm say'in mmaaan.
A lotta guys are like this it's just the natural order of things like life mmaaan.
You know Tiger Woods Shane Warne and plenty of others. We all struggle with the 'why' Q.

I mean how many Chris Gayle's are out there...even if 1 out of 10 males behaved like him...thats still alot of people hitting on you....every freaking day...

You stamp it out the same way that massively overt racism got stamped out. You wouldn't dream of calling Gayle a word that begins with 'n' because enough people decided that it was just unacceptable behavior and people who did use that word ended up suffering social isolation.

It's a long and slow process but it has to start somewhere.

Just like as recently as the 1990's, at SANFL games, people thought nothing of chanting 'you NTTAWWTter' at a fullback when he kicked in after a point. It was every club that suffered from this. I used to do it when I was going to the games or watching with my homosexual friend and it never occurred to me that it might offend him.

Being paid big $$$ doesnt equal a true professional. That's the mistake people make. Pablo Escobar was a professional who made big $$$, but that didnt mean he acted like a professional.

You stamp it out the same way that massively overt racism got stamped out. You wouldn't dream of calling Gayle a word that begins with 'n' because enough people decided that it was just unacceptable behavior and people who did use that word ended up suffering social isolation.

It's a long and slow process but it has to start somewhere.

Just like as recently as the 1990's, at SANFL games, people thought nothing of chanting 'you NTTAWWTter' at a fullback when he kicked in after a point. It was every club that suffered from this. I used to do it when I was going to the games or watching with my homosexual friend and it never occurred to me that it might offend him.

Remember those home-made t-shirts that some Crows supporters were wearing during the first Showdown in '97? Port NTTAWWTters wasn't it? Attitudes have changed considerably in less than 20 years.

You don't get it.
You're right, I don't. The Gayle thing was blown totally out of proportion, it was a nothing comment. Yet the countries gone of its farkin ****. I mean it's fine for Lane or Medows to comment of how good footy players look, but the reverse is some how wrong as we should only be admiring there talent? Spare me.

As for equality someone explain to me why there is men's and woman's tennis, golf, and cricket? Surely all things being equal both sexes should play within the same competition.

Physically things between the sexes are not equal, that's not sexism, it's science.

You're right, I don't. The Gayle thing was blown totally out of proportion, it was a nothing comment. Yet the countries gone of its farkin ****. I mean it's fine for Lane or Medows to comment of how good footy players look, but the reverse is some how wrong as we should only be admiring there talent? Spare me.

As for equality someone explain to me why there is men's and woman's tennis, golf, and cricket? Surely all things being equal both sexes should play within the same competition.

Physically things between the sexes are not equal, that's not sexism, it's science.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back