FTA-TV The Sopranos

Remove this Banner Ad

with regards to the two soprano children, both turned out starkly different

meadow - a sophisticated high roller, manages to cover the cracks of her foundation well

aj - an incomplete person, lack of foundation caused by his dad's clandestine existence

the episode where aj put a plastic bag over his head and tied a brick to his foot and jumped in the swimming pool was hard to swallow

Just finished watching season six & loved the show.

Must say I wasn't a fan of the ending but really who cares when the rest of the show was so goos.

I guess I'm just breaking balls.

Anyone remember the Epsisode called " Employee of the month"

It was the one when Dr Melfi was raped and she saw the attackers picture in a fast food restaurant on the wall with the above title!! When Tony was in counsel with her after the incident he knew something was wrong etc and told Dr Melfi to tell him what happened but she refused!! I so wanted her to tell Tony what happened and where he was working etc so he could he could dish out some Soprano revenge but she didnt and we didnt hear anything else of it for the season.

I remember watching it for the first time thinking tell him tell him! lol

Must say I wasn't a fan of the ending but really who cares when the rest of the show was so good.

interpretation as to what happens next?

the discussion point i had with a friend, he cleared everything, nobody was out to get him, phil was dead etc etc..

my counterpoint: its the exact time when youre not expecting to get hit, its the time you do get hit.

anyway the finale is brilliant, the scene with uncle jun and also the scene with sil -
no lines, but thats all that needs to be said

interesting to notice that the actor playing sil is a member of the e-street band, you couldnt spot silvio dante playing with bruce springsteen when hes on stage, hes wearing a bandana, compared to that toupee he wears as sil. oh and how hes always killing people :rolleyes:

A great show focusing on a group of disgusting people. I watched the first 2 episodes when it first started, I had been a bit of a fan of Lorraine Braco. It was just on too late so never got into it. 3 or 4 years ago I hired it out, 1 season per week and watched it.

At the end when they were all sitting around at Christmas dinner I was hoping there'd be a bomb that blew the whole lot of scumbags up.

Love the series, fantastic acting and storyline. I do have one question though.
In one episode Pauly and Chris take a Russian for a ride to finish him off in the snowy countryside but he escapes and they spend a stressful night in the van. What happened with the Russian? There was talk in this episode he was involved with the Russian mob and would take revenge. I can't remember seeing any sequel to this.

Speaking of unfinished storylines

528D5AE333B0A3A2E2AC1EB62E9BEE.jpg

It was the one when Dr Melfi was raped and she saw the attackers picture in a fast food restaurant on the wall with the above title!! When Tony was in counsel with her after the incident he knew something was wrong etc and told Dr Melfi to tell him what happened but she refused!! I so wanted her to tell Tony what happened and where he was working etc so he could he could dish out some Soprano revenge but she didnt and we didnt hear anything else of it for the season.

yeah was hoping tony would go and fu*k jesus up

When I first saw the ending in I was annoyed with it but now I really like it. Will wait untill House and a couple of other shows finish up but this could well have been the great TV show of our time imo

For anyone interested, at the moment Amazon.co.uk is having a free postage and handling deal if you spend over 25 pounds, and The Sopranos Boxset is also on sale atm.

Just bought the boxset for 46 pounds (Even though on the actual page it says that it will cost 56 pounds???), which is roughly 76 bucks AU. This is pretty much 11 bucks per individual season + 'The Final Episodes' DVD.

Also, they posting packages via UPS, so they take about 5 days after processing to get to you, they have to be signed for and you can track where the package is online.

Just killing time after current fav show, Big Love, and spotted this thread on my ALL TIME FAVOURITE TV SHOW OF ALL TIME!!!!. Sigh! Miss it!! Sigh again. I'm a sucker for any good gangster movie e.g. THE GODFATHER, GOOD FELLAS ETC. but this show just grabbed me and took me on the ride. As for the final episode IMO it's up to individual opinion on the ending. So many options, so what. THE BEST SHOW ON TV IN SOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Woman in me so wanted her to tell Tony what happened knowing he'd sort it out but then if she had done so she knew she'd be beholden to him and it would break that patiient/doc thing they had happening.

John Sac loved that woman...the scene of her in the basement piggin out on the candy and he finds her is one of the most subtle touching moments in the whole series.

Ralph's joke about her caused so much grief that it rippled all the way through the series to the end & was the constant source of angst b/w Sacks and T.

:eek:..too young...and I am 42...shudder!

In it's own way Johnny Sac's love for his wife and all her faults was rather romantic IMO. Here we have a guy that would shoot you as quick as look at you but absolutely adored his wife where in the "culture" he lived in most of his colleagues had their "bits" on the side but Johnny just thought his wife was perfect and heaven help any guy who put her down. Considering the other story lines sort of made me go a bit all fuzzy and warm or just ole wishful thinking.

For anyone interested, at the moment Amazon.co.uk is having a free postage and handling deal if you spend over 25 pounds, and The Sopranos Boxset is also on sale atm.

Just bought the boxset for 46 pounds (Even though on the actual page it says that it will cost 56 pounds???), which is roughly 76 bucks AU. This is pretty much 11 bucks per individual season + 'The Final Episodes' DVD.

Also, they posting packages via UPS, so they take about 5 days after processing to get to you, they have to be signed for and you can track where the package is online.
If only the full box set was available in Blu-ray...

I've been contemplating buying the dvds for years, even with all of the acclaim i was never truly convinced to buy them (for $50-$70 or when have been reduced to under $30 throughout the years).

I just felt that it would be one to own in the future, but i wouldn't rewatch it regularly like i do with other tv series (be it 24 or The Wire for example).

Last week Borders reduced their dvd stock to $10 per title - needless to say i pounced and i now own The Sopranos series for just $70 :D :thumbsu:, beats paying $210 - $350+ (collecting at the reduced or normal price).

and i now own The Sopranos series for just $70 :D :thumbsu:, beats paying $210 - $350+ (collecting at the reduced or normal price).

When you woke up this morning everything was gone.
By half past ten your head was going ding-dong.
Ringing like a bell from your head down to your toes,
Like a voice telling you there was something you should know.
Last night you were flying but today you're so low
Ain't it times like these that you wonder if you'll ever know
The meaning of things as they appear to the others:
Wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers.
Don't you wish you didn't function,
Don't you wish you didn't think
Beyond the next paycheck and the next little drink'
Well you do so make up your mind to go on,'cos
When you woke up this morning everything you had was gone.

I watched the episode last night where Carmella and Ro go to Paris. Carmella was being such a s**t.

I also thought it was interesting where Phil has Vito killed off, then goes to the berievement visit and makes a comment to the wife about it possibly being better for the kids that he wasn't around as a role model anymore. That was ****ing harsh, lol.

They are Region 2. Never bought DVD's from overseas, do you have to change the settings on your player or something...

They are Region 2. Never bought DVD's from overseas, do you have to change the settings on your player or something...
Yeah you can change most DVD players nowadays to all-region, can find most codes online.

I bought an all-region DVD player a few years ago (online) and haven't looked back ;)

This might be a bit off topic but I didn't wanna start a new thread. Just wondering if anyone's seen the film Gomorrah about the Neopolitan branch of the Mafia? Since The Sopranos are of a Neopolitan background it got me thinking about it. I think the film is in the Napolitano dialect as well. I really wanna see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back