The Spangher Factor

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised the Hawks picked him up. Even more surprised that he will line up in a QF for them. All the best to him though, hope he goes well :thumbsu:

Out Boumann and Gilham and in Spang, worked well from a list management perspective. We also then got Jed Anderson for Gilham.

Hahaha I remember him at wce. Looks handy at hawthorn right now. Pretty good versatility in being able to play kpf/kpb

BUMP

Going for the triple 'premiership talisman but didn't make the team' tomorrow. Can the Spang pull it off?

Will strike 3 mean he is out and delisted for good?

Or will Freo trade their Round 1 pick for him and win the flag in 2014?

Or will he finally come out as Jesus, and bring resurrection down on us?

Or will there be a state of emergency before the game, 3rd time lucky?

Find out this Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Spangher gets a run if it rains. Has history of keeping his feet in wet conditions.

I'd drop Roughead for him, dominates average sides but falls to pieces when it matters in the big games. You know what you will get with Spangher and IMO he would be the difference between the two sides.

Will be hot property during trade week.

Samson has been shawn....

BfHWXEXCAAAEh-z.jpg:large

where's Simpkin at?

Remember Hawthorn fans saying he'll be best 22 and all and why he was let go is beyond belief etc....guess he could still get picked against Sydney

Well, he ended up with a premiership medallion, so those Hawthorn supporters were right.

Well I guess its time for a BUMP

As we head into another Spangher September, with maybe his best chance to feature in a flag yet, below are some Spangher Factor facts to rejog the memory on this ongoing narrative:

1. Has been on 3 different premiership winning lists, without a flag (or GF appearance)
2. Clubs with Spangher that reached the prelims have all gone on to win the flag (curiously though, Spang has never played at the Prelim level, so his involvement could maybe undermine that?)
3. The Spangher talisman only seems to have worked once for each club thus far, we'll know more about the potency of the Spangher factor following this September.

Good luck to the man in capping off his epic quest. Maybe this is the year to destroy his legacy as the unlucky talisman. Or maybe he'll attract interest from a 4th premiership-winning club? (don't know his current contract status).

If I was Ross Lyon, even if I was never planning to play Spangher, I'd probably (in jest) throw a peanuts trade at him just to have him on the list for some luck. Arguably though, his value has never been quite as high as it is now. 2014 this week exceeded 2009 as his most games played in a season.

Have Spangher, will flag.
Tend to agree, although post-win, not so confident (i.e. WCE 2007 straight sets). I guess it's possible he might have been injured at the time though (an injured Spangher is an injured flag campaign could be a new adage).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back