Toast The Stevie J 250 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He played well tonight and I really hope he gets another year he deserves it and will continue to,play well as a forward for at least another year. When they were coming off the ground Selwood was looking around to get him chaired off. Stevie told him no and looked to point to the scoreboard he might let the team down sometimes but he loves to win and loves the Geelong football club.

Has been good to see him play forward and alsowithin his limitations a bit more.

Yes to one more season forward, perhaps with an occasional pinch hit in the guts.
Yep I'd give him another year, and say goodbye to Stokes and Kel

Was good last night. But no. We have to move on some time to make room, and Steve is 32. If he doesn't go, then we need to offload at least 3 others.

Who makes way for Dangerfield? a 32 year old or a 19 year old?

Was good last night. But no. We have to move on some time to make room, and Steve is 32. If he doesn't go, then we need to offload at least 3 others.

Who makes way for Dangerfield? a 32 year old or a 19 year old?
mcintosh, hartman, Stokes, Simpson, Rivers and one of Kelly, Cowan and McCArthy. that gives us Danger, selwood, henderson and three draft picks in a crap draft year and thats assuming we keep motlop and dont lose our first and 2nd pick in trades.

mcintosh, hartman, Stokes, Simpson, Rivers and one of Kelly, Cowan and McCArthy. that gives us Danger, selwood, henderson and three draft picks in a crap draft year and thats assuming we keep motlop and dont lose our first and 2nd pick in trades.
OK. But I see SJ falling off the cliff very soon as far as his ability to remain at AFL level. I think his body is already betraying him despite yesterday's heroics.

Should go around again. He took awhile to come good this year, after interrupted year in 2014, but is playing well now and would be great option in forward line.

if we get danger we are legit flag chance provided we have a ruck, in that case we gotta keep our champs in boris and stevie, stevie is a big time match winner for christ sake its a no brainer!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we get danger we are legit flag chance provided we have a ruck, in that case we gotta keep our champs in boris and stevie, stevie is a big time match winner for christ sake its a no brainer!
Well, after playing a prelim and losing by just five points, I would have said it was a no-brainer keeping on a big-game match-winner and club champion in Paul Chapman.

Whilst he's no longer a midfielder, he still looks dangerous up forward. If parked up that end of the ground, I think he definitely has value at Geelong next year. Also a valuable tutor to the kids coming through.

Well, after playing a prelim and losing by just five points, I would have said it was a no-brainer keeping on a big-game match-winner and club champion in Paul Chapman.

Whilst he's no longer a midfielder, he still looks dangerous up forward. If parked up that end of the ground, I think he definitely has value at Geelong next year. Also a valuable tutor to the kids coming through.
If the club does decide to retain SJ, does that mean that you'll move on and put the whole Chapman "thing" behind you? Particularly now that Chapman will be retired from the game? Or is this something that you're going to take to your grave? :eek:

Chappy is finished...played 8 games this year, and two of those he really shouldn't have....his body can't go with the game any more, and Essendon and Chappy have realized that.

Geelong realized that two years ago...offering him a one year contract which he declined. Geelong did the right thing....I don't see Chappy as a coach tbh..

....SJ is another thing altogether.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...504550&promote_channel=edmail&mbnr=Mzc4ODEyMA

How would you feel about Stevie J switching to a club like Richmond, doing a Stewie Dew or Brian Lake and helping the Tigers win a premiership?

Stevie J is good for 30+ goals. IMO, Chappy's last year at Geelong was a bit of a disaster; he played 11 or 12 games. Stevie J is finishing 2015 in good form. Apart from Tomahawk, how many 30+ goal kickers do we have?

Surely, if Stokes, Kelly, HMac (gone), Rivers (gone), and even Enright retire, then one more year for SJ is do-able?

Times up at the Cats.
Dangerfield and Menzel will drift forward for large durations next year. Kersten too, we won't have enough room for Stevie J down there. This year showed us what a burden it was having so many older blokes playing when they really didn't have too.

Times up at the Cats.
Dangerfield and Menzel will drift forward for large durations next year. Kersten too, we won't have enough room for Stevie J down there. This year showed us what a burden it was having so many older blokes playing when they really didn't have too.
Kersten may drift forward, but in the VFL. I don't think he's up to AFL standard, IMAO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back