Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
Some boards like to recognise a poster of the year, thread of the year and things like that. I recently held the Wrestling Awards, but I didn't include anything related to this board (except for pants vs quiv) because I had this in mind. So I was wondering if people on this board would be interested? And if we were to recognise them, how would we go about choosing them? If everyone thinks we should do this then I suggest that the Hall of Fame class will be announced close to WrestleMania and maybe even on the same night as the WWE Hall of Fame. This is all just an idea at the moment though and it might not go ahead.

Edit: I think we should be happy to start nominating now, just post who/what you nominate and what award you think they should win! Then we'll get it all sorted out when the time comes to do so. Feel free to nominate who/whatever for any award you think they deserve, do remember that the awards with the most nominations are likely the ones to go through though. Also remember that these awards are for the board, not really for the wrestlers, but I'd be interested in seeing an all time greatest wrestler award go out as a part of the Stringies.

So start nominating!

Last edited:
Obviously no idea if this will actually happen, but I reckon if it would go ahead a bit of history should be considered, not just the past year. I don't know, it's just cool looking back to the mid 2000's and seeing people like Cleavy and Chops on the board. Some sort of long service award perhaps.

I like it!

Probably could add in things that have trended on this board aswell like E92_'s love for Hogan, Pants with String, Quiv with Brock, Igloo's love for anyone that isn't getting pushed.

Would probably make people new to the board understand what the hell people are on about.

Perhaps the HoF for the best of all time and then for the year by year stuff have SportsEntertainmentMania (working title)
If you need any help organising anything or writing anything up, give me a shout.

I'll be next to useless for the HoF though since I've only been around here for a year :p

It looks like this would work out well then. I'm thinking that we'll definitely stick with two separate things, HoF for all time awards and whatnot. SportEntertainmentMania Excellence Night (Working title) for year by year. Things for HoF would include posters over the years who deserve to be in it, along with a wrestler or two maybe. Perhaps the best posts and memes of all time could be included into the HoF. The other one will have Poster of the year, Post of the year, 'meme' of the year and things like that. Perhaps thread of the year? Although I'd assume that's the WWE discussions thread. I think it'd be best to keep wrestlers out of the second thing and keep them in the EW Awards (Slammy equivalent).

I'm also considering how to choose the winners for each thing? The HoF I assume I'd open a thread for and we would all discuss what deserves to go in the Hall of Fame and then if a suggestion reaches 5(maybe higher?) likes it's deemed worthy and will be inducted into the Hall of Fame, a thread with each induction. One poster particularly close to each induction can "induct" the inductee with a small post.

The other one will work similarly to the EW awards with nominations(perhaps through PM) and polls to decide.

I know I've taken this a bit seriously, but I'm Lance Storm now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well seeing as i'm (legitimately) in a HoF, why don't i just pick them? :cool:

In seriousness, we could have a voting thread for each one? I find this board to be one of the funniest at times, and more entertaining than the actual product we're commenting on 95% of the time, so i think its a great idea!

Nice work Maxwell, may I suggest a 'Slammy's' type theme instead of HOF perhaps? 'The Stringies' maybe?

We could use this thread to throw open ideas for nominations and the awards themselves, and once it's bedded down, I can sticky some poll threads to leave open for a week of voting.....thoughts?

Poster of the Year gets a badge?

Then we can all whinge afterwards how the whole thing was rigged :)

The Stringies would definitely be a good name! Perhaps some of the awards could be poster of the year, post of the year and dankest meme of the year(working title)

Nice work Maxwell, may I suggest a 'Slammy's' type theme instead of HOF perhaps? 'The Stringies' maybe?

We could use this thread to throw open ideas for nominations and the awards themselves, and once it's bedded down, I can sticky some poll threads to leave open for a week of voting.....thoughts?

Poster of the Year gets a badge?

Then we can all whinge afterwards how the whole thing was rigged :)

The Stringies is hilarious - I like it.

I think we should be happy to start nominating now, just post who/what you nominate and what award you think they should win! Then we'll get it all sorted out when the time comes to do so. Feel free to nominate who/whatever for any award you think they deserve, do remember that the awards with the most nominations are likely the ones to go through though. Also remember that these awards are for the board, not really for the wrestlers, but I'd be interested in seeing an all time greatest wrestler award go out as a part of the Stringies.

So start nominating!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back