The Syrian War

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised by old news?
Not unless you believed the propaganda and weren't paying attention at the time, because the truth(that it was the rebels/terrorists and not Assads forces) was known back then. I think some of us even posted about it.
It was one of Obamas red lines, use of wmd..what did the USA do? Nothing they backed right off, and Russia got involved and came up with a plan that thwarted American efforts.

With the Russians now involves heavily, and the chance to take Syria all but gone unless they come up with something, now they need to ramp up people's support to take out them big bad terrorists.
While the whole period before now they were calling them the FSA and other names, anything but the terrorists everyone knew they were.

It's even more laughable when you hear them talk about how the Saudis and Turks have pulled the wool over their eyes. How apparently two backwards ass middle eastern countries that are crawling with American and western intelligence agents, both foreign and locals, were up to no good supporting the terrorists and America had no idea. In other words they have their scapegoats.

The Russians have outed the Turks.
The world powers using others as their pawns and playing with them.

The US pawns in the region wouldn't have done anything if they weren't told to and rewarded for it.
The Turks get to bomb the s**t out of the Kurds indiscriminately regardless if it's PKK or not. The Saudis get to go into Yemen and bomb the s**t out of an Iranian backed group that's seized power.

Next to media prime time coverage on what they are really doing. Nothing about the countless civilian casualties in Yemen from Saudi air strikes for example.

Meanwhile in January 62000 people flooded into Greece and the EU as a result of all this bullshit going on.

And the EU instead of trying to solve the problem they helped create, want to punish Greece for being unable to cope with hundreds of thousands of people washing up on its shores, with the rate of people increasing dramatically since Germany told the world it would take 800,000 refugees..only to change its mind. In reality the talk of limiting shengen is about punishing Greece and using that as another tool to blackmail their government into more austerity and more forced loans. This time the EU is trying to put a few aces up its sleeve as they might like the next government even less then they did Syriza.

The jets are capable of locating, tracking and hitting up to eight targets at once, the spokesman noted, adding that Su-35s are equipped with advanced active jamming stations rendering them ‘invisible’ to the enemy.

“Now, our task is to use [the capabilities of the Su-35 jets] to the maximum. We will use every weapon that [these fighter jets] are equipped with. They can be equipped with any type of air bombs with combat loads up to eight tons,” the spokesman said.

https://www.rt.com/news/331545-su-35-deployed-latakia/

Best fighter plane ever now deployed to Syria.They basically can cover all of Syria from there.

56b51004c4618801068b45ea.jpg

Concentration camps for refugees and/or let them drown at sea.

That's the European Union.
Be part of creating the problem, then when the problem spirals out of control and affects you, pretend it's not your problem and you bare no responsibility or obligation to help these people, and instead throw more s**t at a country you've already thrown under a bus economically and politically, and talk as if it's their problem and they should deal with it, while you throw billions upon billions of dollars at a non-member country that's part of creating the problem with you, while you send virtually no help to a member country that's being flooded with refugees. 62,000 in January alone.
Over a million have gone through Greece and/or are still in Greece.

And then some people were wondering and questioning why I'm all for Greece leaving the European Union.
Because the EU, read Brussels-Berlin, are only interested in weakening and destroying the periphery and making them selves stronger and everyone else dependent on them.

Its on now. Will the Gulf Arab states REALLY send ground troops in?

Because Assad is about to win here.

Apparently the Russians are saying the Turks might be preparing for just that.
I think the Russian's will pre-empt them with their own deploymnent and ensure that if anyone wants to invade Syria, they'll have to go through Russia first.

If it's true, and the Turks do invade, it's going to get ugly.
The Russian's...oh boy, I wouldn't be traveling to Turkey any time soon.

Probably part of the reason why the Russian's have deployed more fighter jets to Syria.

Over a year of American bombing, we were told against terrorists, but the situation got worse for the people of Syria.
A few months of Russian bombing of the terrorists, and towns and cities are freed from the grip of the terrorists armies.

Last edited:

:fire:

Instead our media is pumping out the propaganda about the Syrian government killing people, using sensationalist and emotion provoking words such as "exterminating".

Just a brief mention of the fact that the terrorists have been "exterminating" people, except when it comes to the terrorists, our media doesn't tell us that they've been massacring civilians, just captured Syrian soldiers.

:drunk:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...forces-syria-will-fight-part-us-led-coalition

However, the denial itself was softly denied by the Saudi Press Agency, which further stirred the water earlier today when it reported that not only is Saudi Arabia ready to send a special force to fight in Syria, but that this deployment was proposed by the US, which would oversee the Saudi troops as part of the US-led coalition in Syria. To wit:

• AL JUBEIR SAYS U.S. PROPOSED GROUND FORCE DEPLOYMENT: SPA
  • SAUDI FORCE WOULD FIGHT AS PART OF U.S.-LED COALITION: SPA
  • SAUDI MINISTER SAYS SENDING GROUND FORCE UNDER DISCUSSION: SPA
  • SAUDI ARABIA READY TO SEND SPECIAL FORCE TO FIGHT IS IN SYRIA

The Saudis will get cooked alive - literally - if they go in.

Either by Russian fuel air explosives or in cages when captured by Da'esh.

Da'esh would love a fight with them.

No way, they'll just amp up the funding of the next Sunni group.

And Putin will just incinerate them too.

He's two from two fighting Saudi funded jihadists now.

Problem is they are hurting as much as the Russians are with low oil prices. Some of the major western oil giants are slashing thousands of jobs now.
You think the Saudis aren't hurting? They are, information is limited and more controlled..that's what happens in a dictatorship.

We hear often how the Russian's cant fund the war, because the price of oil is so low. Well how does the other side fund their wars with the price of oil so low?

War is a business in it self.

The problem they'll soon realize though, with funding groups against Russia, is that the Russian's don't really give a s**t about the politically correct nonsense and mumbo jumbo rules that our side is constrained by.
The Russian's wiped out Grozny in their fight against terrorism.
The West would never dare do that to an inhabited city.

The last major hostage crisis involving Russians before the theater and school sieges, was one in Lebanon I think. Go read about what Russian special forces did on that occasion. Again, the west would never dare try such things.

There's not many places you can hide from the Russians if the Russians want to get you. Just ask their former spy who fled to London.

I'm not saying our guys are piss weak girl scouts. But the Russians are something else altogether. The American leaders and their puppets around the world are truly insane for provoking a nation like Russia, not once, but multiple times and now on multiple fronts.

Problem is they are hurting as much as the Russians are with low oil prices. Some of the major western oil giants are slashing thousands of jobs now.
You think the Saudis aren't hurting? They are, information is limited and more controlled..that's what happens in a dictatorship.

We hear often how the Russian's cant fund the war, because the price of oil is so low. Well how does the other side fund their wars with the price of oil so low?

The problem they'll soon realize though, with funding groups against Russia, is that the Russian's don't really give a s**t about the politically correct nonsense and mumbo jumbo rules that our side is constrained by.

The last major hostage crisis involving Russians before the theater and school sieges, was one in Lebanon I think. Go read about what Russian special forces did on that occasion. Again, the west would never dare try such things.

There's not many places you can hide from the Russians if the Russians want to get you. Just ask their former spy who fled to London.

I'm not saying our guys are piss weak girl scouts. But the Russians are something else altogether. The American leaders and their puppets around the world are truly insane for provoking a nation like Russia, not once, but multiple times and now on multiple fronts.

Interesting.

I fully believe KSA is hurting, however I think they are primarily behind the low price as they try to hurt fledgling competitors esp in the USA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I think it's not just the Saudis but the West in general, and the major energy corporations that span the globe are in on it.
If the American's weren't involved, we'd have seen a revolution and overthrow of the royal dictatorship in Saudi Arabia by now. At the very least a "popular" uprising would have been started by the CIA like they tried to do in Syria but failed to get their outcome.
IMO their belief was that they would only have to hold out for so long, believing the Russian's would be forced to cave in to their pressure. But with thousands of jobs being cut from the major energy corporations...I don't think they were planning on sustaining low oil prices this long.
They've underestimated the Russians unfortunately for them(and probably for the rest of us too).
They think they'll hurt Russia by reducing Europe's energy reliance on Russian gas and oil. But Russia has already secured deals to it's east with China and others. China alone can more then supplement Europe's business for Russian gas and oil. And their trade of oil/gas is done in their own local currencies, they aren't using the US petro dollar as the middle man currency.

Link to hostage incident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to hostage incident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the good bits about it from one link..the main bits you'll read elsewhere as well.

Perfilyev then met up with Grand Ayatollah Muhammad Fadlallah, then spiritual leader of Lebanese Shiites and told him: "A great power cannot wait forever. From waiting and observing, it can proceed to serious action with unpredictable consequences". Met with silence from Fadlallah, the KGB station chief spoke bluntly:

We aren't only talking about people in Beirut. I'm talking about Tehran and Qom [Shiite holy city and the residence of Ayatollah Khomeini], which is not that far from Russia's borders. Yes, Qom is very close to us and a mistake in the launch of a missile could always happen. A technical error, some kind of breakdown. They write about it all the time. And God or Allah forbid if this happens with a live, armed missile.

The visibly shaken Fadlallah responded after a moment of silence: "I think everything will turn out well". Later, his closest advisor "Hassan" (Nasrallah?) told Yuri Perfilyev that no one dared to talk to the Grand Ayatollah in such a fashion.

But the ominous threat against one of the holy cities of Shiism was only one prong in the Soviet strategy. According to Benny Morris, who was Jerusalem Post's diplomatic correspondent at that time and later became famous as a brilliant historian, in tandem with the threats, the Soviets took sharper action:

[T]he KGB kidnapped a man they knew to be a close relative of a prominent Hezbollah leader. They then castrated him and sent the severed organs to the Hezbollah official, before dispatching the unfortunate kinsman with a bullet in the brain.

In addition to presenting him with this grisly proof of their seriousness, the KGB operatives also advised the Hezbollah leader that they knew the indentities of other close relatives of his, and that he could expect more such packages if the three Soviet diplomats were not freed immediately.
https://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/how-to-deal-with-hostage-takers-soviet-lessons/

Reports that there'll be a "pause" in the fighting next week to allow humanitarian aid in.

Expect the next week to be the most violent yet as Russia and the SAA/Hezbollah/IRGC push to fully encircle Aleppo, thus allowing them to dominate the aid process.

Personally I think it's not just the Saudis but the West in general, and the major energy corporations that span the globe are in on it.

Exactly..... people dont understand what Saudi Arabia is. Its just a region run by Arabs but owned by the USA and its corporations. The Arabs get paid through royalties... The USA owns Suadi Arabia. Its a great relationship... its very cheap for the USA to control a resource region by paying off just a few "royals" and arm them with weapons, then looking after an entire population.

The USA funnels tax revenue to these countries to protect corporations interests via aid in the form of weapons from Corporations.

Mean while the corporate media focus on the evil ISIS... and round the sheep up with a fear campaign.

Exactly..... people dont understand what Saudi Arabia is. Its just a region run by Arabs but owned by the USA and its corporations. The Arabs get paid through royalties... The USA owns Suadi Arabia. Its a great relationship... its very cheap for the USA to control a resource region by paying off just a few "royals" and arm them with weapons, then looking after an entire population.

The USA funnels tax revenue to these countries to protect corporations interests via aid in the form of weapons from Corporations.

Mean while the corporate media focus on the evil ISIS... and round the sheep up with a fear campaign.

So the USA effectively borrows money off China to debt fund the control of a region that in actuality they don't control and just continue to get pulled into the mire.

I wonder how long this fantastic model can keep going?

China is laughing, time to develop their own military complex and exert influence in their region ....Russia being pushed closer as a declining Europe struggles and the USA effectively purchased.

So the USA effectively borrows money off China to debt fund the control of a region that in actuality they don't control and just continue to get pulled into the mire.

I wonder how long this fantastic model can keep going?

China is laughing, time to develop their own military complex and exert influence in their region ....Russia being pushed closer as a declining Europe struggles and the USA effectively purchased.

Why do you think the US is leaving the Arabs to drink their own oil and face off with China over control of the world's important sea lanes?

Ceasefire for next week agreed.

Why do you think the US is leaving the Arabs to drink their own oil and face off with China over control of the world's important sea lanes?

USA is still very much a controlling presence in the KSA & very much out of money - I'll stick to my original summation.

USA is still very much a controlling presence in the KSA & very much out of money - I'll stick to my original summation.

They aren't out of money.
They can print as much money as they like. China's got nothing to do with that.
The majority of world trade still goes through US dollars. When that changes, then they might be in real trouble.

And they don't borrow money from the Chinese.

Here's a summary of how it works..

https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100302162529AAVe5NV
Best Answer: The US do not go out and ask China to lend money. The debt that the US Government owes to China is the result of the Government, more specifically the Treasury, issuing bonds. These Treasury Bonds are sold to the public and anyone, including private individuals (including yourself), insurance companies, foreign central banks, etc. can buy such Treasury Bonds.

China is an export oriented economy with a huge trade surplus. That means they export more than they import. As a result, the Chinese export companies will receive US$ to pay for the goods and services that they export.

They need to convert these US$ into the domestic currency, the Yuan (CNY), to pay salaries and raw material. Since China exports more than they import, there will be an excess demand for the domestic currency, pushing the CNY/US$ exchange rate up.

Such an appreciation of the CNY, however, would make Chinese exports more expensive and make the Chines economy less competitive in the international markets. To avoid such a situation, the Chinese central bank interferes in the foreign exchange markets, buying the excess US$ against the CNY, maintaining a constant exchange rate.

This results in massive US$ holdings of the Chinese central bank that they need to invest in the international capital markets. The largest and most liquid market with the lowest risk is the US Treasury bond market. Treasury bonds are issued by the US government to finance the public debt in the US and sold to the public.

As a result of their large currency reserves China became the biggest holder of such Treasury bonds. However, China reduced their holdings in December last year by selling Treasury bonds in the open market. China sold approximately 34.2 billion US$ in December, reducing their holdings of US debt securities to 755.4 billion US$. At the same time, Japan increased their holdings by 1.5% to 768.8 billion, which makes Japan now the biggest foreign investor in US government debt.

Fallujah disagrees.

LOL Fallujah.
The way the Americans operate and the way the Russians operated within their own territory, are two very different things.

The final seizure of the city was set in early February 2000, when the Russian military lured the besieged militants to a promised safe passage. Seeing no build-up of forces outside, the militants agreed. One day prior to the planned evacuation, the Russian Army mined the path between the city and the village of Alkhan-Kala and concentrated most firepower on that point. As a result, both the city mayor and military commander were killed; a number of other prominent separatist leaders were also killed or wounded, including Shamil Basayev and several hundred rank-and-file militants. Afterwards, the Russians slowly entered the empty city and on February 6 raised the Russian flag in the centre. Many buildings and even whole areas of the city were systematically dynamited. A month later, it was declared safe to allow the residents to return to their homes, although demolishing continued for some time. In 2003 the United Nations called Grozny the most destroyed city on earth

The most destroyed city on earth.
Did the UN describe Fallujah in such a way in the aftermath? I don't think you realize the level of destruction the Russian's unleashed on Grozny.

The Russian's blew up entire precincts of Grozny. They lead the terrorists into traps, and blew them straight to hell. They didn't arrest them and throw them in a jail where perverted prison guards had strange sex orgies and gang bangs and take photos of their antics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back