No Oppo Supporters THE TAN 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Is Anfield will be in tears tomorrow. :D

Edit: Provided we bat first. :p
I reckon the poor bloke is still crying over the demolition job that occurred last match! :cry::cry:

Just throwing it out there - I'm very glad that they've stuck with Nevill.

I love what he's trying to achieve BUT I think he's doing a terrible job of it. I agree with him that we need to do a better job of recognising the indigenous as the first people in Australia. Calling Australia Day "Invasion Day" is not going to achieve that. Speaking negatively about one culture isn't going to fix the divide between the two.
Does this then make Adam Goodes a racist against white Australia ?

In my mind if you think people booing you are racist then i tend to think you have racial tendencies as well.

Yeah no form I'm happy to see him retained, although it's harsh on Hads. Loyal servant who may have played his last test for doing the righty by his family and daughter :(
Was watching Talking Footy last night and they were talking about players getting games because of what they've previously done etc, same applies here I reckon. Sad, but probably the best thing for the long run.

I'm not sure where I read it (maybe the age?) but there was mention that he is still keen on continuing playing cricket so he could always work his way back into the side. He's a top bloke for getting out there and helping Nevill in anyway he can.

Does this then make Adam Goodes a racist against white Australia ?

In my mind if you think people booing you are racist then i tend to think you have racial tendencies as well.
Possibly. I dunno what's going through the blokes head. Not a lot other than "me me me" is the picture I get. Enough of the serious conversation for me today. Any Pies fans around for me to troll about Vickery? :D

This Is Anfield will be in tears tomorrow. :D

Edit: Provided we bat first. :p
I'll be very disappointed if it goes like the last test, but hope springs eternal.

I reckon the poor bloke is still crying over the demolition job that occurred last match! :cry::cry:

Just throwing it out there - I'm very glad that they've stuck with Nevill.
Aren't you getting tired of getting it wrong, Hate me old mate. :p
I have bouncebackability!

Was watching Talking Footy last night and they were talking about players getting games because of what they've previously done etc, same applies here I reckon. Sad, but probably the best thing for the long run.

I see what you're saying but representing your country is different to representing your club or state. Deserves a chance to put his Cardiff performance behind him IMO

Yeah I saw it. I also read an article a few days ago where the writer said he gets booed because he acts like a pillock.

Personally I'm indigenous and racism is a serious issue. But to me, booing a player isn't racism. There are plenty of non-indigenous players who get booed.

I love what he's trying to achieve BUT I think he's doing a terrible job of it. I agree with him that we need to do a better job of recognising the indigenous as the first people in Australia. Calling Australia Day "Invasion Day" is not going to achieve that. Speaking negatively about one culture isn't going to fix the divide between the two.

Then you've got all the on-field s**t to go with it. It's quite easy to see why he gets booed. Then complaining that you get booed just means more people are going to do it because they feel it's putting you off your game.

Calling people "racists" for booing a player, does nothing to prevent racism imo and just turns people's backs up at what should be a serious issue.

That would have to be the best post I have read on this board to date, to say I am shocked would have to be an understatement of epic proportions because you normally post absolute brain dead s**t :p

I have to say I agree with you 100%....actually hold on, did you get your mum to post this ? If so, you need to pay her, god knows I do :p

The only thing ill add is what message is all this boo'ing to one bloke communicating to the kids that are watching there parents do it ? It may not be racist but it is targeted vilification, do we want to be telling our kids, that vilifying someone so fervently is OK as long as its at the footy ?

That would have to be the best post I have read on this board to date, to say I am shocked would have to be an understatement of epic proportions because you normally post absolute brain dead s**t :p

I have to say I agree with you 100%....actually hold on, did you get your mum to post this ? If so, you need to pay her, god knows I do :p

The only thing ill add is what message is all this boo'ing to one bloke communicating to the kids that are watching there parents do it ? It may not be racist but it is targeted vilification, do we want to be telling our kids, that vilifying someone so fervently is OK as long as its at the footy ?
Wow man thanks for the love :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

his onfield actions as a footballer have not been above board....then to go and incite the crowd in that way and say it was just a bit of fun...and blame the crowd is wrong..

The touchy issue surrounding Goodes isn't anything to do with the wardance, or sniping/diving IMO. People use these issues as justification for calling him a flog.

IMO the real reason a majority of people dislike and boo him is that he called Australia Day Invasion day during his Australian of the year speech, and is unapologetic about standing up for aboriginal rights. In doing so he put a lot of peoples noses out of joint - "Rudd said sorry, and they get plenty of government assistance, what more can we do". As a society we have come a long way with regards to racism and reconciliation, but we still have a way to go.

All this racism s**t makes me laugh, when i was playing rep bball we got into a punch on and i ended up getting clocked in the face (i didnt get knocked out) and it split my face open. As i was walking off the court holding my face with blood gushing everywhere i had the campaigner who hit me screaming out "thats right, get off the f**king court you wog" ....... This bogan f**k had to front the tribunal for "racial vilification", and ended up getting a "good behavior bond" (aka. sweet f**k all) whilst i ended up getting 6 weeks for "bringing the game into disrepute".

The reason all this makes me laugh is because the media make it out as if its only indigenous Australians who cop it, what about when Kouta was getting called a "f**king wog", did we hear about that? No we didnt.

Its pretty clear that this ******** Adam Goodes is getting booed because he is a ********, not because of his background. And he is pulling the racism card because he cant come to terms with the fact he is hated because of who he is, not what colour he is. Booing is far removed from actually calling someone a "wog", or a "terrorist", or a "n**ga", it simply cannot be put as the same class as these things.

when he incited the Carlton crowd that day the ball got rolling...it was the stupidest thing to do...he meant to annoy them and he achieved his aim..

It was Indigenous round. He should be able to express his aboriginal heritage during that round IMO. But this is the point though, people are more offended by a war dance than footballers saluting people in jail after a goal. Why is that?

there is a differance in celebrating culture and just stiring the crowd....its divisive...as proven...no matter what he says he was tryn to heckle the crowd not bring unity to the crowd...if u cant c that ur blind...

This is the problem, we as a society cant give him the benefit of the doubt over a small action like the war dance. Why's that?

There's an Adam Goodes megathread out there for those who don't want the issue discussed here. I've had my say on that thread. Get out there and have a look at what people are saying. Or not.

This is the problem, we as a society cant give him the benefit of the doubt over a small action like the war dance. Why's that?
If he bolted for the crowd and did something other than a war dance you don't think he'd have been booed for it? Of course he would.

Personally thought it was great he did it but it was always going to fire the crowd up.

It was Indigenous round. He should be able to express his aboriginal heritage during that round IMO. But this is the point though, people are more offended by a war dance than footballers saluting people in jail after a goal. Why is that?
Agree, but he chose the wrong situation...

It would have been a great spectacle to see him (and Jetta) do it before the game to the opposition, just like the Haka, just like the Aboriginal All Stars do in their game every year...

It incensed people, and instead of saying, maybe I got my timing wrong, he arrogantly gets on the front foot and tells people just to deal with it...

Worse, when people respond in a manner that he doesn't like, he has the biggest sook of all time...

Thats what people cant stand about this bloke...

As tigs2010 kinda mentioned, to much of this for Adam is ME ME ME time and sadly, he misrepresents the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back