No Oppo Supporters THE TAN 29 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I have to disagree sorry mate, grog is one of the hardest to quit when you have a problem with it due to it being everywhere, the ads on tv etc etc. For me hard drugs were easier to quit because once i made the choice to stop it wasn't in my face anymore. Alcohol though just doesn't go away with all the pubs, bottle shops, occasions where people are drinking etc. Mentally the withdrawals from grog are easy compared to meth when i quit but the challenge for long lasting personal gain and getting better with grog is fked.

Mate if you're a strong character nothing is too hard to give up even when its in your face. Just tell them to get f***d

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Mate if you're a strong character nothing is too hard to give up even when its in your face. Just tell them to get f***d
Ease up Koz, im just highlighting the different challenges in quitting different substances. After your post about higher thinking im sure you know this :)

Aug 26, 2015
Pile of Melted servers
AFL Club
Richmond
You can be a bit of a troll mate but you got nothing but my respect for that :thumbsu:
at least im a funny troll :D:D:D:D

But, in all seriousness. I only ever get "involved" if it becomes a problem for the person or if i think their going to be getting themselves into trouble (saved more than one persons life in doing so), otherwise its a bit of the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil"
Consenting adults can do whatever the * they want IMO

Aug 26, 2015
Pile of Melted servers
AFL Club
Richmond
It also depends on how and why someone becomes dependant. Unfortunately, i know someone who drank themselves to death due to why they were dependant (wont go into it on here, terribly sad story)

Helen Wheels

Hustler
10k Posts Richmond Tigers - 2018 Player Sponsor
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
It also depends on how and why someone becomes dependant. Unfortunately, i know someone who drank themselves to death due to why they were dependant (wont go into it on here, terribly sad story)
Knew a lady who gassed herself in her car because she couldn't have children. All sorts of things happen for all sorts of reasons and none at all.

Aug 26, 2015
Pile of Melted servers
AFL Club
Richmond
Knew a lady who gassed herself in her car because she couldn't have children. All sorts of things happen for all sorts of reasons and none at all.
Yeah, never know what will come, so that's why i try to live in the moment and enjoy it; always throw out some humour as you never know, it may change someone's day for the better

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
When I say you i mean people in general but yeah. I thought you tossed my post about higher thinking out the window :drunk:
Didn't toss it out the window and believe it or not i remember most of the replies people make to my posts. I come to bigfooty to enjoy my fellow love of the tigs with other tigers and have a laugh mostly. Trying to kick alcohol is a bitch man due to its availability, imagine the meth heads we would have if we lived in a culture where people smoked regularly after work, at sporting events, birthdays and they passed a baggy around after your kids christening etc :)

TheDyerLegacy

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United ; Melbourne City
Didn't toss it out the window and believe it or not i remember most of the replies people make to my posts. I come to bigfooty to enjoy my fellow love of the tigs with other tigers and have a laugh mostly. Trying to kick alcohol is a bitch man due to its availability, imagine the meth heads we would have if we lived in a culture where people smoked regularly after work, at sporting events, birthdays and they passed a baggy around after your kids christening etc :)
how is the sober life going mate?

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
how is the sober life going mate?
Got smashed for the granny after half time cause it was weird without grog and am back on the wagon today. I am not quitting for life TDL mate but i am slowing right down to a snails pace for the foreseeable future until the move and all important jobs are sorted :)

Helen Wheels

Hustler
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
My dad never drank beyond the point of unconsciousness and my mother never drank more than she could comfortably spew up in the morning. Mostly I follow my dad's example.

TheDyerLegacy

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United ; Melbourne City
Got smashed for the granny after half time cause it was weird without grog and am back on the wagon today. I am not quitting for life TDL mate but i am slowing right down to a snails pace for the foreseeable future until the move and all important jobs are sorted :)
Baby steps mate.. like Benny C said about the Tigers 'Taken the first few baby steps and the first few baby steps are beautiful'

Good luck with the move mate!

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Baby steps mate.. like Benny C said about the Tigers 'Taken the first few baby steps and the first few baby steps are beautiful'

Good luck with the move mate!
I can drink none or 1 day a week mate, i just pussied out and used drink as a crutch after a horrid 6 months. Everything will balance out now :)

Helen Wheels

Hustler
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
TAN 29 - The local's show some maturity for once
TAN 30 may be with us in four pages or so. That would make a nice title (but no apostrophe in locals). Our long-suffering Mods would be overjoyed if they thought there was even the remotest possibility of it happening.

Aug 26, 2015
Pile of Melted servers
AFL Club
Richmond
TAN 30 may be with us in four pages or so. That would make a nice title (but no apostrophe in locals). Our long-suffering Mods would be overjoyed if they thought there was even the remotest possibility of it happening.
well, the after-midnight crew are behaving for once after we got yelled at and threatened to have our TAN taken away :D:D:D
Equus' shrink will be out of a job, the poor fella used to make a mint

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
God the main board has turned into a hawforn wankfest, its sickening
fair play to the hawks though, 4 flags in clarkos reign is pretty mad. Guy is a genius and i wish we had of picked him up when he was looking for a coaching job. I would be a much happier tiger now for sure :D
EDIT: the fact i had 1/2 a brownie before might come through in chat now, better for me than benzodiazepines though Infamy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back