No Oppo Supporters THE TAN 33 - WHERE BACON AND EGGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Japan, if you got a campaigner, you are a campaigner.
Ancient wisdom :p

Just reminded me of a town in Tas called Capainia (spelling?) But ya gets my drift....:eek::p

Deathly afraid, or ever so hopeful? :p

You know it's funny I was watching the 70's show & laughing at something FEZ said. Then I thought there's something very familiar about him........ FEZ reminds me of RichoLedio :p:D

Calcium Man at the Swan last night. Nice moves, man.
201306141501_1371240113.7458550.gif

Just a few facts on the food/paleo discussion:

1) on the bread thing, there is a massive difference between a flour and the initial seed. by grinding the out of the grain, you are transforming it. Even then, how you use it can alter its final nutritional worth.

A very simple way to visualize this is when you knead a dough. working the dough over and over the proteins get worked in together and the glutens activated (for lack of a better word) which is why the dough becomes stretchy

in the past breads were made of flours which had not been so highly refined, and doughs which had not been worked so hard.

Get a loaf of wonderbread or cheap arse white loaf. its refined in an inch of its life, and lacks flavour and texture. this is seen when its used in bread and butter pud. unless you let the stuff go close to stale, it turns into one big sponge with no discernible breaks.

This is why alternate "breads" is a more viable answer than abstinence. whole grains, and proper bread is much better nutritional value (and it tastes better).

2) the paleo diet forgets one thing. cave men barely lived to thirty, so their diet had no long term consequences like heart disease or cancer. all it was about was ease of access to energy and protein

3) Spam rocks. spam on toast, cubed in noodles, fried in with rice. all kinds of awesome

canning is also a healthy production process. because its a 100% oxygen barrier, you don't need preservatives to fight bug growth. some of the cheaper stuff is juiced with salt for flavour, but thats observed pretty easily by reading the ingredient list. Fruit and veg in cans is a very good option usually.

4) its worth repeating, anyone who knocks spam is an ignorant Norf supporter

1) on the bread thing, there is a massive difference between a flour and the initial seed. by grinding the out of the grain, you are transforming it. Even then, how you use it can alter its final nutritional worth.

A very simple way to visualize this is when you knead a dough. working the dough over and over the proteins get worked in together and the glutens activated (for lack of a better word) which is why the dough becomes stretchy

in the past breads were made of flours which had not been so highly refined, and doughs which had not been worked so hard.

Get a loaf of wonderbread or cheap arse white loaf. its refined in an inch of its life, and lacks flavour and texture. this is seen when its used in bread and butter pud. unless you let the stuff go close to stale, it turns into one big sponge with no discernible breaks.

This is why alternate "breads" is a more viable answer than abstinence. whole grains, and proper bread is much better nutritional value (and it tastes better).

2) the paleo diet forgets one thing. cave men barely lived to thirty, so their diet had no long term consequences like heart disease or cancer. all it was about was ease of access to energy and protein

3) Spam rocks. spam on toast, cubed in noodles, fried in with rice. all kinds of awesome

canning is also a healthy production process. because its a 100% oxygen barrier, you don't need preservatives to fight bug growth. some of the cheaper stuff is juiced with salt for flavour, but thats observed pretty easily by reading the ingredient list. Fruit and veg in cans is a very good option usually.

Thanks for that. Really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half moon cafe, coburg.
Egyptian kebabs.
Broad bean felafel with chilli pickles is the s**t.
Their lamb is good too.
:thumbsu:
Tried the place twice bc my best mates in love with the joint.
I find the cracked wheat too hard to digest and have come up with stomach pains both times , so I've never been back
Much prefer the vegetarian $10 falafel meal at falafel house
Awesome banquet. The only thing with this place they only supply
A fixed amount of food for the day and generally pack up by 3pm
so lunch is your best shot. Wife and myself used to have lunch every week there until we went on the ketogenic diets:(
Their take away $5 falafel roll is awesome
Fantastic traditional Muslim family run the place and have always given us excellent service

Spam is a dying product. Sales for it are terrible. Won't be around in 20 years IMO

And that's only thanks to Monty python......

"Spam,Spam,Spam,Spam wonderful Spam!,Wonderful Spam!":p

Dvd available ?

Esky on the lawn mower , started with 1/2 doz just in case I struck a hurdle . Visitors calling in , 3 refills and 3 hours later I feel great . Tipping the doc wouldn't approve but * him he said you need to do about 10klms a week and not in the car or on the motorbike no mention of doing the lawns 6 times in 3 hours .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back