Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2012
2,631kms North of The G
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
NHL: Canucks
Yeah I feel.. a couple of mates have theirs suspended and have been fined and whatever, so I'm not so sure the skids are worth it unfortunately :(
In the 80s
I knew an idiot who got his license. First thing he does?
Leaving the RTA fangs a massive burnout, hits the embankment on the other side of the road and rolls the car......... Had his license for less than 20 minutes before losing it.

Guys, girls and everyone who gives a stuff......

My horse is resuming from a spell tomorrow at Sale.
Race 9 # 8 Kareeming......
If your're interested in some late mail, PM me and as soon as I get it i'll let you know.

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah I feel.. a couple of mates have theirs suspended and have been fined and whatever, so I'm not so sure the skids are worth it unfortunately :(
I grew up in a country town also mate, we used to go out in the middle of no where and act up in our cars where the only danger we posed to anything was ourselves, for some reason im yet to figure out young people do it in town with pedestrians and other cars about now days. that was 20 years ago though.......

pebblestone

Former Child
Richmond Tigers - 2017 Player Sponsor Richmond Tigers - 2016 Player Sponsor
May 23, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't know where else to post this but it's been bugging me for a few days now, however I feel that posting it in any of the dozen actual threads dedicated to the topic would have me abused and probably banned eventually.

Dayne Beams is under contract at Collingwood.
If he has asked to be traded back to his home state for compassionate reasons whilst still contracted, surely Collingwood has every right to entertain offers from both teams and take whichever suits them best.
The fact that Beams has nominated Brisbane just makes me doubt his motivation. He wants to be closer to his father, but only if it can be with Brisbane. He won't go to Gold Coast (where he grew up and his father lives).

It stinks if you ask me. He should go wherever he is sent in this situation and be grateful that the pies helped him out in his time of need....

Maybe I'm just a cynical old bastard (well I am a cynical old bastard).

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Don't know where else to post this but it's been bugging me for a few days now, however I feel that posting it in any of the dozen actual threads dedicated to the topic would have me abused and probably banned eventually.

Dayne Beams is under contract at Collingwood.
If he has asked to be traded back to his home state for compassionate reasons whilst still contracted, surely Collingwood has every right to entertain offers from both teams and take whichever suits them best.
The fact that Beams has nominated Brisbane just makes me doubt his motivation. He wants to be closer to his father, but only if it can be with Brisbane. He won't go to Gold Coast (where he grew up and his father lives).

It stinks if you ask me. He should go wherever he is sent in this situation and be grateful that the pies helped him out in his time of need....

Maybe I'm just a cynical old bastard (well I am a cynical old bastard).
Depends where his dad lives. GC and Brisbane aren't that close. If his dad is in Brisbane then I think he has every right to ask to be traded there. Pies can say no though because ultimately he's contracted so Brissy will have to pay up.

with tensions rising on the site, I thought we could all learn from some of the wisdom of noted author and intellectual Dr. Ronald Chevalier

nope

Draftee
Sep 29, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Depends where his dad lives. GC and Brisbane aren't that close. If his dad is in Brisbane then I think he has every right to ask to be traded there. Pies can say no though because ultimately he's contracted so Brissy will have to pay up.

Heard his dad lives on the Gold Coast, which is why I find it strange he wants to go to Brisbane.

pebblestone

Former Child
Richmond Tigers - 2017 Player Sponsor Richmond Tigers - 2016 Player Sponsor
May 23, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
The most obvious reason is that his brother plays for brisbane
Yeah I realise that it just seems to me that if he was going home to be near his dad, and asking to break his contract, then surely he doesn't get to nominate a club.

The most obvious reason is that his brother plays for brisbane

Possible but his dad may be spending most of his time in Brisvagas for treatment ? I'm only guessing though. Add to that , that I'm doubting the GC has the equivillent facilities....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I grew up in a country town also mate, we used to go out in the middle of no where and act up in our cars where the only danger we posed to anything was ourselves, for some reason im yet to figure out young people do it in town with pedestrians and other cars about now days. that was 20 years ago though.......

I suppose you are right, I would only have to drive for 10 minutes to find a place like that..

Also, what a night to embark on my first solo drive, aquaplaning everywhere..

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I suppose you are right, I would only have to drive for 10 minutes to find a place like that..

Also, what a night to embark on my first solo drive, aquaplaning everywhere..
Just remember mate, cars are serious s**t and can kill you if you go above your abilities, airbags aint a roll cage. I know (and remember) no one can stop a young fella having his fun just make sure you get home safe bud :)

Guys, girls and everyone who gives a stuff......

My horse is resuming from a spell tomorrow at Sale.
Race 9 # 8 Kareeming......
If your're interested in some late mail, PM me and as soon as I get it i'll let you know.
The TAB has opened him up at $15......I'd say a bit over the odds. .... good each way chance. Place paying $4. Likes it wet so hopefully Sale cops a bit of rain.
GH213 what's the weather like down your way?

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
The TAB has opened him up at $15......I'd say a bit over the odds. .... good each way chance. Place paying $4. Likes it wet so hopefully Sale cops a bit of rain.
GH213 what's the weather like down your way?
Yeah, track a Dead 4 with possible showers tomorrow, should be enough cut in the ground for your bloke.

Really hard race, lots of talented types who all probably want a little further (?). FWIW I've got you about an $8 chance, so I can certainly play at the 15's; even better if he's forward enough for tomorrow?? GL :thumbsu:

Thanks rideclutch .... He came 2nd at his only start at the distance so that's no worries, track condition no worries , jockey.....meh.... Hopefully he returns well back from the spell. .. But yeah $15 way over.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Thanks rideclutch .... He came 2nd at his only start at the distance so that's no worries, track condition no worries , jockey.....meh.... Hopefully he returns well back from the spell. .. But yeah $15 way over.
I was expecting the big first up booking... maybe Ollie... Mick Rodd... Steven King to just get the job done...

Nup. Went with ol' Roger Booth bless him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back