No Oppo Supporters The TAN XIV - 100% ASADA APPROVED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm

Norff has been booted out of ballarat by the afl in favour of the doggies, so all the new market eggs are 100% in the Hobart basket

What's the bet this is the last deal the Hawks have down there, and Norff will be "encouraged" to play 7 of 11 home games down there?

Hmmmm

Norff has been booted out of ballarat by the afl in favour of the doggies, so all the new market eggs are 100% in the Hobart basket

What's the bet this is the last deal the Hawks have down there, and Norff will be "encouraged" to play 7 of 11 home games down there?

Is it too soon to start calling them Souf?

But they still go rancid and mouldy. These vids are hoaxes and most of the time just anti maccas propaganda. Go get a cheese burger tomorrow and try it for yourself.
But FFS, Bazz. This if BF where the truth should never ever stand in the way of a story!

PS: There is a video out there debunking this...... Well he didn't use a Cheeseburger, but he did compare it to a "Normal" burger and fries. The normal ones were dead after a couple of days. The Maccas ones died quickly after a week too, but the fries were going strong after 10 weeks.

Tigers in Hobart rd 6, so says the Mercury. I thought the AFL wouldn't do this due to $$$ . Nice for Hobart supporters club & Tigers in Tas in general & I think there's alot of us down here. Can't wait for that one.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But FFS, Bazz. This if BF where the truth should never ever stand in the way of a story!

PS: There is a video out there debunking this...... Well he didn't use a Cheeseburger, but he did compare it to a "Normal" burger and fries. The normal ones were dead after a couple of days. The Maccas ones died quickly after a week too, but the fries were going strong after 10 weeks.

Im going to do the unthinkable and go to maccas today and get a cheese burger, put it in a jar with holes, chuck it in the shed and take a pic, post it here and update once every week or two.

Tigers in Hobart rd 6, so says the Mercury. I thought the AFL wouldn't do this due to $$$ . Nice for Hobart supporters club & Tigers in Tas in general & I think there's alot of us down here. Can't wait for that one.....
Wish I was still down there to attend that one.

Im going to do the unthinkable and go to maccas today and get a cheese burger, put it in a jar with holes, chuck it in the shed and take a pic, post it here and update once every week or two.

don't put it in the shed.

you need an area that will not artificially promote or encourage microbial activity.

- needs to be somewhere with air (so punching the holes in the jar is a good idea

- needs to be somewhere that has clean air. wind carries dust and other particle matter, which if they fall on the meat in the right conditions can allow new growths to develop

- needs to be dry. moist air will allow water build up on the sample

- needs to be a stable temperature. cold temps normally slow down bacterial growth, but warmer temps will promote it.

Ideally I would shove it in the back of a dark, dry cupboard. dont store it with food though, some stuff can become airborne, and can cause cross contamination with stuff you actually intend to eat.

Just on what people are saying, both sides are right, but are arguing slightly different points. For the "a cheeseburger lasts forever" mob, yes it visually may appear unaffected by degradation. This doesn't mean its safe to eat though. Not all bacteria create growths that are visible. Also not all funky things in food are bacteria or moulds. That being said, once a burger is cooked, you are removing most of the moisture from it, which is a prime requirement for bacterial growth. Also cooking it gets rid of all/most of the bacteria that are in the raw meat. As long as your plate, utensils, and storage area are clean, it is possible that sample will be mostly clean. As such, the risks come back to environmental factors during storage.

one other note. The reason this issue gets so much attention in the USA is while Maccas cook their burgers well done, Americans when grilling burgers tend to cook them only rare.

as bacteria growth on the surface areas, this isn't an issue for something like a steak. It is a problem for mince however, as mince is lots of small bits of meat with lots of surface areas where bacteria can be present.

This is why they have lots of issues with e.coli contaminations in the USA, the idiots eat rare burgers. Easiest way to fix it is to cook your burger well done, but instead they spray the raw meat at the abattoir with all sorts of chemicals.

Is it too soon to start calling them Souf?
Please god can they end up the southern roos, my missus has said on multiple occasions that if they got relocated and werent n.o.r.f anymore she would follow another club and most likely the Tigs. Ive never prayed to Jesus for anything but you know what? today i might actually f@cking start :D

don't put it in the shed.

you need an area that will not artificially promote or encourage microbial activity.

- needs to be somewhere with air (so punching the holes in the jar is a good idea

- needs to be somewhere that has clean air. wind carries dust and other particle matter, which if they fall on the meat in the right conditions can allow new growths to develop

- needs to be dry. moist air will allow water build up on the sample

- needs to be a stable temperature. cold temps normally slow down bacterial growth, but warmer temps will promote it.

Ideally I would shove it in the back of a dark, dry cupboard. dont store it with food though, some stuff can become airborne, and can cause cross contamination with stuff you actually intend to eat.

Just on what people are saying, both sides are right, but are arguing slightly different points. For the "a cheeseburger lasts forever" mob, yes it visually may appear unaffected by degradation. This doesn't mean its safe to eat though. Not all bacteria create growths that are visible. Also not all funky things in food are bacteria or moulds. That being said, once a burger is cooked, you are removing most of the moisture from it, which is a prime requirement for bacterial growth. Also cooking it gets rid of all/most of the bacteria that are in the raw meat. As long as your plate, utensils, and storage area are clean, it is possible that sample will be mostly clean. As such, the risks come back to environmental factors during storage.
Would that explain why some of the US samples last so long........ One guy kept the burgers in his basement. I know that an unheated basement/garage in the north/east you can keep food in without refrigeration as it's so damn cold.

I don't think it would last to long in Nth QLD this time of year. Hell any time of year......... In fact I wouldn't eat one straight off the grill.

Would that explain why some of the US samples last so long........ One guy kept the burgers in his basement. I know that an unheated basement/garage in the north/east you can keep food in without refrigeration as it's so damn cold.

I don't think it would last to long in Nth QLD this time of year. Hell any time of year......... In fact I wouldn't eat one straight off the grill.

absolutely. Remember 4C is equivalent to your fridge. Companies ship cheeses long distances at 0C specifically because it the temperature is not enough to neutralize the cultures (by freezing them), but at this temp their growth and development is slowed down significantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back