Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Someone quoting Sweden? Thier rape laws are shocking. Fancy doing someone for rape because the condom broke during consential sex? What a way to treat an Australian war correspondent! Barbaric arseholes centuries behind the times. They also help smuggled a lot american arms companies profits in ww2 out from Germany.

but carry on, ignorance is a choice remember,.
sure there is nothing more to that in the story right?being naive is not a choice.

and secondly how on earth is that relevant to what i posted?

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
sure there is nothing more to that in the story right?being naive is not a choice.

and secondly how on earth is that relevant to what i posted?

Im just making the point, the swedes haven't assimilated into humanitarian culture yet. Maybe their the problem?

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
In Australia, where many Bosnian Muslims fled after the Balkans war, the reaction to the sentencing of the former Bosnian Serb leader, Radovan Karadzic, has been one of disappointment.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2016/s4432122.htm

Overshadowed in the press this week and this thread. The christian genocide of peaceful integrated European Muslim communities in the 1990's.

Exactly, we actually think quite similarly. I dont think Muslims are trouble, but is there problem with Muslim communities? hell yeah! so say no its "head in sand" stuff. I dont think you understand my posts well cause i think you reckon i hate Muslims, i actually am good friends with lots of Muslims, some are liberal, rest - i never dare to joke about their Prophet. I dont have a problem with their beliefs but every one of them that i know (yes anecdotal anyway so i am not suggesting that this is the case) think that Islam is perfect while humans are not. Hence they make mistakes. This is where i have a problem..but i want to live, so i dont get to that argument with them.

I want the refugees to take the relocation scheme in the EU 28 states or go back to Turkey. If they want to country-shop, i have no sympathy for them. Over 9,000 people been allocated to Spain from Germany thus far, only 11 have actually moved. Spain is a nice country, surely a hell lot better than Syria ever was. Their refusal to move to Spain shows me that they are economic migrants. Why blackmail Europe into accepting them? everytime i open the guardian website i see photos of kids. These newspapers serve a purpose, just like websites like dailymail serve their purpose by sensationalising headlines as well. They are both extreme IMO.

Why not impose sanctions on nations refusing to take refugees? this cannot be that is a European or Canadian problem only. US has only taken a few thousand refugees when this war was started by them. But we are all slaves to the US!

I can only quote the Swedish example as i lived there for a decade. Sweden took more than it can handle. In some suburbs you get more than 40 percent unemployed. The Swedish labour market demands formal qualifications to be employed first and 90 percent of these refugees dont have one. Half of them dont even complete school. This brings me to my first concern that 80 percent of the current refugees dont have a formal qualification. Second they dont know the language and last but not the least according to the german data half of them work in trades which are not in demand in Germany. My question to you or anyone advocating free migration is, how is it helping the cause of de-radicalisation? how are you not helping create another ghetto? it may look humane to you by taking 3 million refugees but i guarantee you there will be parallel socieities created in Germany like there is in france, sweden and belgium in a few years time. IMHO we have our work cut out with the number of disgruntled individuals we already have in Europe. You are asking for more of the same failed policies hoping that it will work this time? it wont, you will create bigger ghettos and bigger monsters. In France 70% of the prison population is Muslim! in Belgium its 45%. Despite having only 6% of its population Muslim only. These are damning numbers which you cannot ignore. In Sweden the number is similar but our dear ole Scandinvians will never publish data based on religion.

130,000 refugees went missing in Germany. Germany cannot seem to deport anyone. They have no papers, will never have any legal paper, they neither can be deported cause they dont have legal paperwork with them They will remain illegal. What chances do they have of a life they came to Europe for? do you think they are ideal candidates for "plug and play radicalisation" as Newsweek puts it? Germany simply do not have the resources to take millions and millions despite what Frau Merkel would want you to believe. So if people come here and dont qualify for asylum and you cannot deport them, what would you have? this is what happened to France and Sweden specially with North Africans.

So i ask you this. Are you better off dealing with the problem we already have, or we are over that and we are ready to take millions more?
I think it is too late for the EU to share immigration.
Most governments agreeing to take refugees due to public sentiment are likely to be thrown out at their next elections.
Would have to take agreement for a wider group but nearly all governments would say the same. As you said Canada has done her share by resettling 25,000 in six months.
Australia? 29! They still are unable to give the public a number on how of many those currently in detention have been assessed as genuine refugees and that is costing us billions. And so far as sending two to Cambodia, well that is a joke!
It is a real mess!

Swans FC

Debutant
Suspended
Mar 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
I think it is too late for the EU to share immigration.
Most governments agreeing to take refugees due to public sentiment are likely to be thrown out at their next elections.
Would have to take agreement for a wider group but nearly all governments would say the same. As you said Canada has done her share by resettling 25,000 in six months.
Australia? 29! They still are unable to give the public a number on how of many those currently in detention have been assessed as genuine refugees and that is costing us billions. And so far as sending two to Cambodia, well that is a joke!
It is a real mess!

I was just reading today on how fast the white supremacist movements are gaining popularity in Europe. You have to understand that this is a direct result of open door policy. You cannot have extreme left policy without awakening the far right. This is not what we need, but these are the consequences of open door policy. Actually its not just Germany but all of Europe. I applaud your stance and kindness but some practical application will also help. The only way is to take the people directly from the camps in Turkey and Jordan, we cannot have economic migration anymore but then the problem is, the refugees is settled in Spain wont stay in Spain. They would want to go to Germany and Sweden as well. So there is no easy solution to this crisis. I was also reading that most Afghans coming to Germany are actually coming from Iran. They have lived and worked in Iran for 5 years and had a good job. They are economic migrants and is a direct result of Merkels open door policy.

I was just reading today on how fast the white supremacist movements are gaining popularity in Europe. You have to understand that this is a direct result of open door policy. You cannot have extreme left policy without awakening the far right. This is not what we need, but these are the consequences of open door policy. Actually its not just Germany but all of Europe. I applaud your stance and kindness but some practical application will also help. The only way is to take the people directly from the camps in Turkey and Jordan, we cannot have economic migration anymore but then the problem is, the refugees is settled in Spain wont stay in Spain. They would want to go to Germany and Sweden as well. So there is no easy solution to this crisis. I was also reading that most Afghans coming to Germany are actually coming from Iran. They have lived and worked in Iran for 5 years and had a good job. They are economic migrants and is a direct result of Merkels open door policy.
I am beginning to understand this more but apart from physically returning those that aren't genuine not sure what other options there are.
And if that is the option which country will do it.
However that still won't resolve who is going to take those that are in need as it is becoming very messy and places like Turkey and Lebanon can't cope.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
I am beginning to understand this more but apart from physically returning those that aren't genuine not sure what other options there are.
However that still won't resolve who is going to take those that are in need as it is becoming very messy and places like Turkey and Lebanon can't cope.

Turkey is not exactly helping the cause, in other words Turkey dont want them. Turkey hasnt given them work rights so most of them have to work and get paid under the table if you know what i mean. Same with Jordon and Lebanon. If Turkey is serious they should given work permit first.

Turkey is not exactly helping the cause, in other words Turkey dont want them. Turkey hasnt given them work rights so most of them have to work and get paid under the table if you know what i mean. Same with Jordon and Lebanon. If Turkey is serious they should given work permit first.
Is there enough work in Turkey?
To tell you the truth, I am not sure of any government and their motives in that region.
Then again don't have any facts, just an impression.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Is there enough work in Turkey?
To tell you the truth, I am not sure of any government and their motives in that region.
Then again don't have any facts, just an impression.
Turks dont like them. Refugees have admitted it in many many online articles and i know many Turks who have told me as well. Theres work in Turkey but the problem is language as turkey dont speak Arabic. Many migrants living in turkey have saved upto $10,000 to go to Europe (working there). Granted thats in a course of 3 to 5 years but thats not a small amount of money is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

That is the core issue. The global desire to immigrate has (and probably always will) outweigh willingness/ability to accommodate that desire.

Every country has a point where they say "stop, no more." Then you need a way to enforce that limit.

If the deterrent does not create enough of a cost to outweigh the benefit of ignoring the limit then it is no deterrent at all. And when the benefit of ignoring a limit is possibly the saving of your own, or someone you care about, life how do you make a strong enough enough deterrent while still being humane?

No one has an answer yet. So while we try to figure it out do we in the meantime:

a) have an open door policy like the EU

or

b) or have a harsh 'closed door' policy like the Australia?

I personally prefer option b and as time has passed it is becoming easier and easier to justify.

Suspicions will fall on crew or ground staff planting something on board or a security member paid off.

Then again the security could just be total rubbish.

Or the alleged bomb is fake or non existent.

Fortunately they had enough fuel to reach Cyprus.

Apparently women and children have been released.

Let's hope for a peaceful resolution.

I haven't heard of any demands from the hijacker reported other than for police to remain away from the aircraft.

It's actually a very, very short flight

1. Distance from Cairo to Alexandria. Distance is 179 kilometers or 111 miles or 97 nautical miles. The distance is the theoretical air distance (great circle distance)
Update:- almost all passengers have disembarked and suspect has requested asylum in Cyprus. Apparently his wife is Cyrpiot, he is Libyan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back