The Terrorism Files - 2015, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of your recent post about the IRA i meant.

I didn't mention the IRA . . . my comments were about sectarian violence in Northern Ireland, and that is not necessarily to do with them. Sectarian violence can be terrorism, but it's not always the case. Yes, the suicide bombing of a government building by a terrorist organisation that wants to wrest control back is terrorism.

I didn't mention the IRA . . . my comments were about sectarian violence in Northern Ireland, and that is not necessarily to do with them. Sectarian violence can be terrorism, but it's not always the case. Yes, the suicide bombing of a government building by a terrorist organisation that wants to wrest control back is terrorism.

Taking the word 'suicide' out, how is this any different to the practices of the IRA?

That's quite a busy month even by Islams low standards. To think the left want us to open our arms and let these people into out suburbs. No thanks.

That's quite a busy month even by Islams low standards. To think the left want us to open our arms and let these people into out suburbs. No thanks.

Can you find me a single person on 'the left' that wants to welcome ISIL terrorists into our suburbs 'with open arms'?

If you cant, will you conceed you're a scare mogerer who's jumping at shadows?

That's quite a busy month even by Islams low standards.

Not really, it's just that most people underestimate how frequent these attacks are.

Can you find me a single person on 'the left' that wants to welcome ISIL terrorists into our suburbs 'with open arms'?

If you cant, will you conceed you're a scare mogerer who's jumping at shadows?

The terrorist attacks I posted were mostly not from ISIL. Just regular Islamic extremists, which make up a good percentage of the Islamic population. And that's without taking into account the Islamic conservatives and supporters of terror, who make up an even bigger share of the faith.

Last edited:
What percentage of the Islamic population of the globe engage in terror attacks?

7% is the number I keep seeing. 20% Islamists. A larger percentage of conservatives with strong beliefs against homosexuals, women, atheists, etc.

7% is the number I keep seeing.

So, you're saying 7 percent of the worlds 1.6 billion Islamic population (112 million people) are engaging in terror attacks?

In 2014, a total of 13,463 terrorist attacks occurred worldwide, resulting in more than 32,700 deaths and more than 34,700 injuries. In addition, more than 9,400 people were kidnapped or taken hostage. Although terrorist attacks took place in 95 countries in 2014, they were heavily concentrated geographically. More than 60% of all attacks took place in five countries (Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, and Nigeria), and 78% of all fatalities due to terrorist attacks took place in five countries (Iraq, Nigeria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria). Most of the casualties were in Iraq.

The perpetrator groups responsible for the most terrorist attacks in 2014 were the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), the Taliban in Afghanistan, al-Shabaab, Boko Haram, and Maoists in India. These groups were also responsible for the most attacks in 2013. All five increased the frequency of their attacks in 2014, though at different rates.

http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/crt/2014/239416.htm

Those other 111,986,537 terrorists better get their acts together.

20% Islamists.

And another 320 million actively support ISIL/ Al Queda etc? Do you have any idea what the world would look like if this was even close to being true?

A larger percentage of conservatives with strong beliefs against homosexuals, women, atheists, etc.

This I agree with however. But this is hardly unusual for any conservative.

So, you're saying 7 percent of the worlds 1.6 billion Islamic population (112 million people) are engaging in terror attacks?

In 2014, a total of 13,463 terrorist attacks occurred worldwide . . .

Those other 111,986,537 terrorists better get their acts together.

Haha, I was wondering where you got that number from, then I realised you just attributed 1 terrorist attack to every jihadist in the world. You're not even close to having a genuine and reasoned opinion on this one.

And another 320 million actively support ISIL/ Al Queda etc? Do you have any idea what the world would look like if this was even close to being true?

That's not what Islamism is, at least not necessarily. It can be political, activism, extreme dawah, etc. Once again I am baffled by your insistence on having an opinion on things you don't even know the definition of.

This I agree with however. But this is hardly unusual for any conservative.

Conservatism in Islam can mean support for Sharia Law, stoning of adulterers, death penalty for apostasy, cliterectomies, etc. A bit different to your usual religious throwbacks.

You are clutching the straws now and its apparent. Is that what you understand by Islamism??? seriously? islamists must be the ones who actively support bombing people?? Here is a definition of Islamism

1. Islamism, also known as Political Islam (Arabic: إسلام سياسي‎ islām siyāsī), is an Islamic revival movement often characterized by moral conservatism, literalism, and the attempt "to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life."

So Malifice , don't take this the wrong way, but were you born into a Muslim family or did you convert? I ask because I've seen this level of defensiveness before and it's usually on behalf of blind faith or heritage.

He's a self confessed former One Nation voter.

Heck I voted for One Nation once.

You can take the boy out of Frankston, but you cant take the Frankston out of the boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laugh all you like, it's not a rebuttal to the figures. 7% is a conservative percentage, and is consistent with polling of support of terrorism and with uniformed militant activity around the globe in the name of Islam.

http://bipartisanpolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/default/files/BPC HSP 2014 Jihadist Terrorism and Other Unconventional Threats September 2014.pdf

83% of Egyptians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Indonesians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on American troops.
68% of Moroccans approve of attacks on American troops.
90% of Palestinians approve of attacks on American troops.
72% of Jordanians approve of attacks on American troops.
52% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (39% oppose)

16% of young Muslims in Belgium state terrorism is "acceptable".
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1275/Islam...imjongens-vindt-terrorisme-aanvaardbaar.dhtml

Pew Research (2007): 26% of younger Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified.
35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified (24% overall).
42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified (35% overall).
22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.(13% overall).
29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.(25% overall).
http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

Pew Research (2013): 15% of Muslims in Turkey support suicide bombings (also 11% in Kosovo, 26% in Malaysia and 26% in Bangladesh).
http://www.pewforum.org/uploadedFil...ims-religion-politics-society-full-report.pdf

The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 19% of Muslim-Americans say that violence is justified in order to make Sharia the law in the United States (66% disagree).
http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy....nline-Survey-of-Muslims-Topline-Poll-Data.pdf

Last edited:
Laugh all you like, it's not a rebuttal to the figures. 7% is a conservative percentage, and is consistent with polling of support of terrorism and with uniformed militant activity around the globe in the name of Islam.

http://bipartisanpolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/default/files/BPC HSP 2014 Jihadist Terrorism and Other Unconventional Threats September 2014.pdf

83% of Egyptians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Indonesians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on American troops.
68% of Moroccans approve of attacks on American troops.
90% of Palestinians approve of attacks on American troops.
72% of Jordanians approve of attacks on American troops.
52% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (39% oppose)

16% of young Muslims in Belgium state terrorism is "acceptable".
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1275/Islam...imjongens-vindt-terrorisme-aanvaardbaar.dhtml

Pew Research (2007): 26% of younger Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified.
35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified (24% overall).
42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified (35% overall).
22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.(13% overall).
29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.(25% overall).
http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

Pew Research (2013): 15% of Muslims in Turkey support suicide bombings (also 11% in Kosovo, 26% in Malaysia and 26% in Bangladesh).
http://www.pewforum.org/uploadedFil...ims-religion-politics-society-full-report.pdf

The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 19% of Muslim-Americans say that violence is justified in order to make Sharia the law in the United States (66% disagree).
http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy....nline-Survey-of-Muslims-Topline-Poll-Data.pdf

I know this might seem a silly thing to say....But what right does the US have in occupying Muslim countries?

It depends on the country I guess. None of the percentages mentioned in my post refer to countries under US occupation.

Let me articulate my point better....US invasion, incursion & occupation of sacred land is seen as an act of war. Therefore, any actions against them by Muslims - in their own lands - can hardly be deemed 'acts of terrorism'.....Anymore than the plethora of munitions dumped by the US on towns, city's & innocent citizens alike.

Lets be clear about our terminology & not get sucked in by US/Western media double-speak.

Let me articulate my point better....US invasion, incursion & occupation of sacred land is seen as an act of war. Therefore, any actions against them by Muslims - in their own lands - can hardly be deemed 'acts of terrorism'.....Anymore than the plethora of munitions dumped by the US on towns, city's & innocent citizens alike.

Lets be clear about our terminology & not get sucked in by US/Western media double-speak.

So according to the terrorists they are only defending themselves from the "western powers" as the Koran chapter number 9 explains (rules of warfare). So you think the terrorists well within their rights to execute according to the instructions laid down in the Koran??? so you are with the terrorists then, glad we got that cleared ;)

So according to the terrorists they are only defending themselves from the "western powers" as the Koran chapter number 9 explains (rules of warfare). So you think the terrorists well within their rights to execute according to the instructions laid down in the Koran??? so you are with the terrorists then, glad we got that cleared ;)

Sorry....You lost me.:drunk:

I might try unpacking this gobbledygook on a better day, but Jiska's cuckoo gif probably fits best as an appropriate reply here.

Sorry....You lost me.:drunk:

I might try unpacking this gobbledygook on a better day, but Jiska's cuckoo gif probably fits best as an appropriate reply here.

You said its "seen as an act of warfare". The koran is very clear on how to "defend" during an "act of war". Chapter number 9 of the Koran. Thats how terrorists justify their actions anyway.

You said its "seen as an act of warfare". The koran is very clear on how to "defend" during an "act of war". Chapter number 9 of the Koran. Thats how terrorists justify their actions anyway.

O.K.

Lets follow your mode of pre-ad-hoc argumentation.

How do the Terrorist & terrorizing U.S military/State dept, justify their acts of global terrorism?....I'm sure we can find a relevant citation from the bible to justify it.

O.K.

Lets follow your mode of pre-ad-hoc argumentation.

How do the Terrorist & terrorizing U.S military/State dept, justify their acts of global terrorism?....I'm sure we can find a relevant citation from the bible to justify it.

Can you answer my question? what you stated is exactly what someone like Anjem Choudhury have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back