The Terrorism Files - 2015, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again. You told me you wouldn't respond since I was discussing the individual. It was in response to you doing so.

I'm willing to discuss anything, just bring it up.

And the Muslims vs homosexuality in my comment was responded to with "you're taking it too literally"

If you have an argument about Muslims vs homosexuality then feel free to re-state it . . .

The last sentence is just a waffle. If the arguments are terrible then they are easily refuted (as can be shown with every one of you posts). You've refused to do this, you have no argument and you're attempting to cover your shallow thought process

I honestly haven't seen any arguments, just a bad interpretation of a hypothetical. If you have anything you wish to discuss about the issues then I'm willing to have that discussion.

I'm willing to discuss anything, just bring it up.

If you have an argument about Muslims vs homosexuality then feel free to re-state it . . .

I honestly haven't seen any arguments, just a bad interpretation of a hypothetical. If you have anything you wish to discuss about the issues then I'm willing to have that discussion.
I'll re ask: are you even reading responses?

The catch cry of the person with no argument "can you repeat your argument so I can respond?"
We are on the Internet. It's all permanently logged in these pages. If you had intent to respond to it, you can clearly locate it yourself

I'm with everyone else here. There is zero point in responding to your non points

We are on the Internet. It's all permanently logged in these pages. If you had intent to respond to it, you can clearly locate it yourself

For all I know it's one of your non-arguments like your misinterpretation of the earlier hypothetical. I'd rather you just make your case here so I know what your argument actually is. Like I said, I haven't seen any actual arguments from you other than that.

I'll be glad to hear what this 'muslims vs homosexuality' is about. Sounds intriguing :)

For all I know it's one of your non-arguments like your misinterpretation of the earlier hypothetical. I'd rather you just make your case here so I know what your argument actually is. Like I said, I haven't seen any actual arguments from you other than that.

I'll be glad to hear what this 'muslims vs homosexuality' is about. Sounds intriguing :)
The misinterpretation of CMs hypothetical, which he agreed with? Yes. Makes sense.

Condescension only works when you haven't spent hours showing your stupidity kid

The misinterpretation of CMs hypothetical, which he agreed with? Yes. Makes sense.

Doesn't need to make sense to fit with CM's MO around here.

Condescension only works when you haven't spent hours showing your stupidity kid

Sorry, I'm trying to be nice. Anytime you want to have an argument about the issues rather than who liked your post and for what reason I'll be happy to discuss these issues with you.

Doesn't need to make sense to fit with CM's MO around here.

Sorry, I'm trying to be nice. Anytime you want to have an argument about the issues rather than who liked your post and for what reason I'll be happy to discuss these issues with you.
His MO is to make the same point as someone else, in relation to one of his posts, and then have a third person say they're both misunderstanding his original post? Seems like a strange MO

Makes sense though. I mean it's obvious that everyone (including the person who said it) are misunderstanding. Do you often tell people that they misunderstand their own points?

His MO is to make the same point as someone else, in relation to one of his posts, and then have a third person say they're both misunderstanding his original post? Seems like a strange MO

His MO seems to be to disagree with me with many different means, including strawmanning and false accusations.

Makes sense though. I mean it's obvious that everyone (including the person who said it) are misunderstanding. Do you often tell people that they misunderstand their own points?

That's just the corner CM painted himself into by agreeing with your misunderstanding. As I said, his primary objective here is to disagree, no matter what.

His MO seems to be to disagree with me with many different means, including strawmanning and false accusations.

That's just the corner CM painted himself into by agreeing with your misunderstanding. As I said, his primary objective here is to disagree, no matter what.
He posted it, before I did, I reiterated his point

Wow. This is just...wow

He posted it, before I did, I reiterated his point

Wow. This is just...wow

LOL no, you interpreted his analogy literally, so it's not a reiteration. A reiteration would be an accurate repetition, complete with an actual understanding of the point. I've explained that this is an analogy a number of times now.

LOL no, you interpreted his analogy literally, so it's not a reiteration. A reiteration would be an accurate repetition, complete with an actual understanding of the point. I've explained that this is an analogy a number of times now.
Not in his original point. In one of the responses
He also told you this

That's my last response to you. When you're too stupid to even read a person saying "I already made the same point", you're too stupid to be having an adult discussion.

CM I don't know how you do it. You explicitly state things, and the person just ignores them. This may be the stupidest sequence of argument I've seen around here.

Not in his original point. In one of the responses
He also told you this

In all his responses. It's an analogy and you jumped into a conversation without knowing what it's about and as a result we're having to listen to you crap on about who said what when and in what order rather than having a worthwhile discussion about terrorism. You should've just walked away when you realised your error rather than try to muddy the waters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.osacr.cz/2016/04/27/je-suis-omar-mohammed-batawil/
Omar-Mohammad-Batawil.jpg
Omar Mohammad Batawil was a 17 year-old freethinker from Yemen, who shared his thoughts and criticism of religion and religious scholars and institutions on his facebook page. He was accused of apostasy and murdered yesterday by an Islamist group.

One of his facebook statuses (translated from Arabic):

"They accuse me of atheism!
Oh you people, I see God in the flowers,
And you see Him in the graveyards,
That is the difference between me and you."

omar_mouhammad_batawil.jpg

The leaflet below is one example of the harassment that non-believers are facing from Muslim militants. Headed "Notice to atheists", it begins:

"To every atheist who reviles and incites hatred of Islam in social media: Your end is to choke to death, to perish as an animal perishes, to be cast under dirt and mud and have worms eat your rotten body. No one will remember you; it will be as if you never existed ..."

It ends with the words: "Islam will remain until the Day of Judgment."

notice-to-atheists.jpg

- See more at: http://www.al-bab.com/blog/2016/april/yemen-atheist-murder.htm#sthash.Io4IAgae.OXgkMhn2.dpuf

I have posted it once before but this FB group hunts for atheists and anyone who posts anti Islamic comments, this is based in Bangladesh but they operate in Europe too. Over 100,000 members, FB isnt doing anything about it? Is anyone surprised that so many secular writers are hacked to death in Bangladesh? https://www.facebook.com/groups/Islamicreporting/

Directly translated: 1) to wipe out Islam birudhidera (opposition) Facebook! Shahbagh and atheists to be eradicated! Ii) the elimination of Islam Malaunadera hit on a regular basis! Spread religious hatred! 3) to protest against all evil! 4) amuligaradera managed to destroy a force! 5) to eliminate filth! 6) is forced to post the names of all the children and their root out the pickup pr0n! 7) that all of the guys hyaresa women and girls, the girls name and picture by using a fake ID blakamela to eliminate them! (In the case of a complaint, including evidence, however, to be specific!) 8) Finally, to work for the sake of Allah and His Messenger!

So 100,000 people in a hate group in Bangladesh?

I have posted it once before but this FB group hunts for atheists and anyone who posts anti Islamic comments, this is based in Bangladesh but they operate in Europe too. Over 100,000 members, FB isnt doing anything about it? Is anyone surprised that so many secular writers are hacked to death in Bangladesh? https://www.facebook.com/groups/Islamicreporting/

Directly translated: 1) to wipe out Islam birudhidera (opposition) Facebook! Shahbagh and atheists to be eradicated! Ii) the elimination of Islam Malaunadera hit on a regular basis! Spread religious hatred! 3) to protest against all evil! 4) amuligaradera managed to destroy a force! 5) to eliminate filth! 6) is forced to post the names of all the children and their root out the pickup pr0n! 7) that all of the guys hyaresa women and girls, the girls name and picture by using a fake ID blakamela to eliminate them! (In the case of a complaint, including evidence, however, to be specific!) 8) Finally, to work for the sake of Allah and His Messenger!

So 100,000 people in a hate group in Bangladesh?

It takes a strange kind of masochism to defend this hideous ideology, what's more bigoted than Islam?

Yeap bangladesh has gone full * and has been for a long while 11 people murdered in just the last 3 years for speaking their mind, labeled "militant atheists" that "hate" religion and "deny god" ******* lunatics. in many of the cases the victims were known to be in danger and police refused to give any assistance.

everyday people are added to "hit lists" in bangladesh for the crime of daring to tell the world they are not religious. Don't even get me started on countries that Actually have that as a crime. flat out anti "atheism" where you can charged with not believing in some god or quasi anti "atheist" laws based around "offending someone's religious beliefs" which can be bloody well anything.

one of the groups responsible for the murders had publicly taken responsibility for murdering "evil" secularist in 2013 it was a stated goal to "eradicate" those who "offended" allah and yet the "organisation" was legal you could be a member of it, you could donate money to it, if you wanted to you could be politically associated with the group. the group was finally outlawed in 2015 and proscribed as an illegal criminal organisation, the crime that finally had them outlawed was not anyone of 6 murders they committed. no killing "bloggers" and school teachers is hunkey dorey. there great unforgivable crime was..........robbing a bank.

just try to understand that, in 2013 these people started murdering people for typing on the internet and telling everyone they did it and people demanded they be outlawed because of it, yet the government claims nothing could be done until they robbed a bank 2 years later and suddenly it's "oh s**t we can sort that out right away"

the scary part is the language these clowns use is repeated everyday around the world. even by TV and radio hosts, even here in australia, even on big footy. Talk "secret agendas" and how the "evil" atheists want to "ban" peoples religions or "stop them from praying" and how the righteous religious folk have to "fight back" against the "evil sinners" then when some actually acts on those words suddenly they're an extremist however and "their views are not representative of the community"

Yeap bangladesh has gone full ****** and has been for a long while 11 people murdered in just the last 3 years for speaking their mind, labeled "militant atheists" that "hate" religion and "deny god" ******* lunatics. in many of the cases the victims were known to be in danger and police refused to give any assistance.

everyday people are added to "hit lists" in bangladesh for the crime of daring to tell the world they are not religious. Don't even get me started on countries that Actually have that as a crime. flat out anti "atheism" where you can charged with not believing in some god or quasi anti "atheist" laws based around "offending someone's religious beliefs" which can be bloody well anything.

one of the groups responsible for the murders had publicly taken responsibility for murdering "evil" secularist in 2013 it was a stated goal to "eradicate" those who "offended" allah and yet the "organisation" was legal you could be a member of it, you could donate money to it, if you wanted to you could be politically associated with the group. the group was finally outlawed in 2015 and proscribed as an illegal criminal organisation, the crime that finally had them outlawed was not anyone of 6 murders they committed. no killing "bloggers" and school teachers is hunkey dorey. there great unforgivable crime was..........robbing a bank.

just try to understand that, in 2013 these people started murdering people for typing on the internet and telling everyone they did it and people demanded they be outlawed because of it, yet the government claims nothing could be done until they robbed a bank 2 years later and suddenly it's "oh s**t we can sort that out right away"

the scary part is the language these clowns use is repeated everyday around the world. even by TV and radio hosts, even here in australia, even on big footy. Talk "secret agendas" and how the "evil" atheists want to "ban" peoples religions or "stop them from praying" and how the righteous religious folk have to "fight back" against the "evil sinners" then when some actually acts on those words suddenly they're an extremist however and "their views are not representative of the community"

I can understand terrorist groups working to further their political cause (as the left wingers here put it), but the people in this group are totally *****ed up. They are ordinary people with normal FB accounts (most of them are students even which makes it even more *****, not some uneducated bogan), 100,000 people cannot be terrorist. Yet they seem to be full of hate. This guy Niloy Neel, who has hacked to death last year was traced by this group, apparently a Bangladeshi IT engineer from the UK referred him. Can you ******* believe that??? i have a Bengali friend in Dhaka who told me that if you tell people you are an atheist (even relos) they make fun of you and they take it as a real offense. I am just speechless such a group can exist on FB. That even with 102k members! FMD.

I can understand terrorist groups working to further their political cause (as the left wingers here put it), but the people in this group are totally *****ed up. They are ordinary people with normal FB accounts (most of them are students even which makes it even more *****, not some uneducated bogan), 100,000 people cannot be terrorist. Yet they seem to be full of hate. This guy Niloy Neel, who has hacked to death last year was traced by this group, apparently a Bangladeshi IT engineer from the UK referred him. Can you ******* believe that??? i have a Bengali friend in Dhaka who told me that if you tell people you are an atheist (even relos) they make fun of you and they take it as a real offense. I am just speechless such a group can exist on FB. That even with 102k members! FMD.

but that's just the point, it's all degrees sure a 100,000 people are not terrorists. all they will ever do is sit on there computers and shout and claim its "truth and love" others hand out leaflets. only a small group will ever have the guts to actually act on their lunacy and thats how they avoid responsibility for there actions, it's the same reason the KKK is legal in many countries, they spread messages of hate and spit bile and egg others on encourage them to "take action" and when someone actually does, they throw their hands up and say "hey we're not a violent group, where just exercising our free speech. We would NEVER hurt anyone" then they go crawling back under their rocks and "type what a hero i wish my kids were just like X, your doing gods work son, huh huh"

this isn't just in bangladesh, fox news in the US routinely airs segments where commentators demand that "atheists" be banned from military service, banned from holding a position in public office and even calls to have them removed from the country.

and when you call people out on the rhetoric that is used and what it leads to and you show that it does indeed link directly back to religious books, they just shout you down and say those people are extremists its got nothing to do with us, stop discriminating against my religion. then they bring up tenuous bullshit like "stalin was an atheist, therefore i'm rubber and you're glue" but globally the attacks never stop.

aggression and violence by religious people is commonplace right around the world and yes extremists are "minority" the issue is that, despite claims to the contrary it's not an insignificant minority. take this facebook group you're talking about. Sure 100,000 people is a small amount of people when there's over a billion muslims and sure all 100K are not going to act on it and aren't terrorists, but 100K is still a ******* large number of people and even if only 10% of them ever had the guts to actually act on their fantasies, that's still 10,000 people willing to murder people over something as trivial as not following a book.

but that's just the point, it's all degrees sure a 100,000 people are not terrorists. all they will ever do is sit on there computers and shout and claim its "truth and love" others hand out leaflets. only a small group will ever have the guts to actually act on their lunacy and thats how they avoid responsibility for there actions, it's the same reason the KKK is legal in many countries, they spread messages of hate and spit bile and egg others on encourage them to "take action" and when someone actually does, they throw their hands up and say "hey we're not a violent group, where just exercising our free speech. We would NEVER hurt anyone" then they go crawling back under their rocks and "type what a hero i wish my kids were just like X, your doing gods work son, huh huh"

this isn't just in bangladesh, fox news in the US routinely airs segments where commentators demand that "atheists" be banned from military service, banned from holding a position in public office and even calls to have them removed from the country.

and when you call people out on the rhetoric that is used and what it leads to and you show that it does indeed link directly back to religious books, they just shout you down and say those people are extremists its got nothing to do with us, stop discriminating against my religion. then they bring up tenuous bullshit like "stalin was an atheist, therefore i'm rubber and you're glue" but globally the attacks never stop.

aggression and violence by religious people is commonplace right around the world and yes extremists are "minority" the issue is that, despite claims to the contrary it's not an insignificant minority. take this facebook group you're talking about. Sure 100,000 people is a small amount of people when there's over a billion muslims and sure all 100K are not going to act on it and aren't terrorists, but 100K is still a ******* large number of people and even if only 10% of them ever had the guts to actually act on their fantasies, that's still 10,000 people willing to murder people over something as trivial as not following a book.

I understand your point but its not just atheist, they are hunting for any anti-islamic comments. I agree the 100k are not terrorists but they can work as "reporters" as the group puts it. The guy who reported Niloy Neel was an IT engineer in London, he didnt kill anyone but he was cyber stalking him.

100K is a very large number for a country like Bangladesh where majority are uneducated and barely have access to the internet, let alone FB account. But like you said even if 10% of them are radicals, then we have a serious problem in our hands.

On 15 May 2015, Ansar al Islam Bangladesh, believed to be a new AQIS affiliate outfit in Bangladesh, posted a Bengali message containing a full listing of potential targets for assassination. The seven categories include: any male or female academic, actor, blogger, doctor, engineer, judge, politician or writer who insults the Prophet Muhammad and distorts Islam. Ansar al Islam Bangladesh emphasised that it does not have an issue with atheist bloggers or bloggers from religions other than Islam who do not insult the Prophet.

ABT’s chief ideologue Jashimuddin Rahmani, who was arrested in 2013, is currently being tried for the murder of blogger Ahmed Rajib Haider. Given their similar agendas, it is highly likely that the rise of AQIS will embolden other militant organisations such as JMB and HuJI-B to carry out attacks in the country.

http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2015/08/08/islamist-militancy-on-the-rise-in-bangladesh/

I think the issue is that a lot of people want the focus on islam, and why it is the cause of extremism, whereas the focus should be what is causing extremism. Islam doesn't hold a monopoly on extremists (as you pointed out above), so what exactly is driving the people to become extremists, as opposed to becoming specifically muslim extremists.

Unsurprising that facebook does nothing though, the s**t that gets put up on FB and no action taken is atrocious.

I think the issue is that a lot of people want the focus on islam, and why it is the cause of extremism, whereas the focus should be what is causing extremism.

LOL no, extremism itself isn't necessarily a problem. It depends on what one is an extremist about.

Islam doesn't hold a monopoly on extremists (as you pointed out above), so what exactly is driving the people to become extremists, as opposed to becoming specifically muslim extremists.

It doesn't need to have a monopoly on extremists to be one of the causes.

LOL no, extremism itself isn't necessarily a problem. It depends on what one is an extremist about.

It doesn't need to have a monopoly on extremists to be one of the causes.
It's pretty clear the type of "extremism" being discussed. Pretty clearly was contextually discussing the pejorative "extremism". If you're going to ignore context, there's probably no point responding.

I'm suggesting that it's not a cause, per se, but rather an outlet for extremists, extremists fall into all religious denominations. Although, i'm not willing to jump to assumptions, Islam may be a cause, it may be a reason used to deflect from the real reasons. Not too many people care to understand what makes an extremist, past making grand assumptions.

It's pretty clear the type of "extremism" being discussed. Pretty clearly was contextually discussing the pejorative "extremism". If you're going to ignore context, there's probably no point responding.

Not really, you have presented a pretty wide brief here. And that's part of the problem in countering 'extremism', its all kinds of vague.

I'm suggesting that it's not a cause, per se

Well then you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back