The things bogans do and like

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Reading the Chrisco hampers thread, terrible baby names and pay day lenders thread, it made me think there could be some good stories our there for a Bogan thread to capture all the stories in one place.

I used to work in the welfare sector, saw some interesting things in those circles believe me, here's a few:
  • The woman who didn't know how to shop or cook so her kids ate McDonalds every single day for breakfast, she walked them down to the local shopping centre, where there was actually a line up for breakfast.
  • And the guy who came back to the charity after Christmas to complain about the (donated) crappy Thomas the Tank trainset his 4 year old got saying he's not into that baby sh*t, he likes guns and swords and UFC, can't we find a better gift for him.
  • The family on centrelink of course, that had to hire a mini skip to spring clean their house.
Do you come across the odd bogan at work or in your social life, or are you lucky enough to be related to one or are you one? What interesting habits do they have?

So over to you BF, share your stories.

Must drive a Holden.

Bogans don't really like UFC, they just like wearing it. Watching a bogan watch UFC, whenever it goes to the ground it becomes "NTTAWWTta s**t"
What if you enjoy both watching and wearing?

What if you enjoy both watching and wearing?

Well if you can enjoy the intricacies and nuances of all aspects and styles of MMA than you are probably too reasonable to be a bogan.

As for the wearing, I've spent a bit of time around fighters, have coached and trained, semi-pro, they wear very little to none Tapout/UFC merchandise. It's a bogan thing.

Last edited:
Shame, I enjoy the designs of them, most of the tapout tees have a nice design but they ruin it buy writing Tapout in big * off letters. Deathclutch and Venum are probably my favourite design wise though, and most people wouldn't recognise them anyway

I do enjoy all aspects of MMA so I am too reasonable I guess :p

Shame, I enjoy the designs of them, most of the tapout tees have a nice design but they ruin it buy writing Tapout in big **** off letters. Deathclutch and Venum are probably my favourite design wise though, and most people wouldn't recognise them anyway

I do enjoy all aspects of MMA so I am too reasonable I guess :p

Yeah Venum seems to be the most popular amongst the people I know, I even have a pair of shorts, Deathcluth and Affliction are other MMA brands I don't find so... inyaface bogan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might barrack for Port Power but never for the Crows

-TISM

I came here to post this, or the other song on that album dedicated to boganness:

You're a yob or you're a w***er -
Take your ******* choice
So who is your favourite genius
James Hird or James Joyce?
You ever seen a live performance?
Join the w***er club
You thought I meant table top dancing?
You're a yobbo, bub

What are ya? Yob or w***er?

w***ers once used mobile phones
But now that's sorta changing
And yobs once lived in cottage homes -
Ain't social change amazing?
If a yob and w***er want a girl
The w***er guy will get her -
Both of them are equally ugly
But the w***er hides it better

What are ya? Yob or w***er?

A w***er fights inequality
And for people's rights;
A w***er fights class prejudice
A yobbo just fights
Yob or w***er - w***er or yob
Pass me the brush to tar ya:
Make your choice then live your life;
Come on pal, what are ya?

Edit: A lot of censorship by BF, but not nearly as much as the previously posted TISM song would have :)

I might barrack for Port Power

your favourite bedtime song.

I hear the train a comin'
It's rolling round the bend
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Yatala prison, and time keeps draggin' on
But that train keeps a rollin' on down to mawson lakes..
When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.
But I shot a man in Taperoo just to watch him die
When I hear that whistle blowing, I hang my head and cry..

I bet there's rich crow fans eating in a fancy dining car
They're probably drinkin' wine and smoking big cigars.
Well I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free
But those people keep a movin'
And that's what tortures me...

Well if they freed me from this prison,
If that railroad train was mine
I bet I'd move it on a little farther down the line
Far from yatala prison, that's where I want to stay
And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away...

I seriously think West End and VB are underrated, compared to the "accepted" stock standard beers like Cooper's Pale Ale and Carlton Draught. Would not class myself as or appear to be a bogan at all, either.

VB yes, West End no, and don't bring Coopers in to this!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back