The things bogans do and like

Remove this Banner Ad

Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-we-got-a-bad-ass-over-here-meme.png

u got beef brah?

They must be Immune to heat. I see bogans walk down in their Adidas tracksuits on 40 degree days.

Have just returned from Bali after a reluctant trip there for a mates wedding.

Bali Bogans are the worst. These wastes of w*nk really are nothing but pimples on the arse of humanity. Some of the scum I cam across had to be seen to be believed. Out of everywhere I've travelled, the Australian Bali Bogan is easily the most putrid example of human kind I have ever seen.

What defines a Bali bogan:

A false sense of entitlement - they seem to think they can order everyone around them to do what they want them to do. They think their s**t smells like roses.

A tendency to do nothing but complain or whinge about the way things are done.

A tendency to breed in large numbers

Sleeves of horrible tattoos

A tendency to be overly hypertrophic - probably linked to a heavy amount of steroid use. And they do this weird thing where they deliberately stand around posing with a tensed bent arm all the time.

A typical example:

On the flight to Bali, this absolute waste of w*nk obviously "off his swing" from the mines, covered in hideously bad tattoos, wearing a wife beater and an energy drink hat, along with with his butt-ugly feral wife and baby spent the whole plane trip calling the flight attendants "Clietus", thinking it was funny, and proceeded to order Bintang after Bintang and somehow got drunk off it (everyone knows that there is no way Bintang is 4.6% alcohol - its impossible to get drunk off it - try it and see). When the flight attendants didn't turn up to take another order on his demand, they started whinging to the point of taking the name of the poor Indonesian flight attendant and complaining - he's probably out of a job now. His baby waled the whole trip over. Ear piercing screams. But all they did was laugh about it whenever anyone looked over. A chinese couple behind me turned on the light to read. When they did this he launched into a tirade of racial abuse, "can you understand English. You're waking me baby mate" and going on and on yelling "same, same but different hahahah".

Seriously, its scum like this that justifies selective breeding. There is absolutely no benefit to them being alive.

Add the obligatory Bintang singlet, paying massively inflated prices for things, resorts with kids' clubs so bogan parents can go on their nightly benders at Legian/Seminyak clubs, magic mushies, hair plaits (for bogan chicks), and just generally pissing off the locals and you've just about nailed it. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They must be Immune to heat. I see bogans walk down in their Adidas tracksuits on 40 degree days.

And black t-shirts/wife beaters

Bogans also have a tendency towards wearing darkened safety glasses as casual wear.

I think there is a general different classes of bogan in this country.

You have the simple, larrikin, easy going, flannel wearing, affectionate, ACDC/Cold Chisel bogan:

bogan.jpg

Then there is the cashed up, materialistic, narcissistic, angry, tough sticker branding, big muscled, Jim Beam, methamphetamine taking, Skillrex bogan.

james-dinnison-bogan.jpg

Its the latter that I cant stand. They are the death of this country. The former is an icon.

If you think about it, they really are worlds apart. I think its unfair to the iconic simple bogan to have them in the same category.

Last edited:
Lol, good post. And these bogans are probably the same campaigners who say "get out of our country if you don't speak the language" and wouldn't bother learning a word of Indonesian before they leave.
I took the family to Bali at the start of the this year and stayed at what they described as a family resort.

There were hordes of severely overweight families everywhere and the parents seemed to spend their days sitting out of the front of their room drinking and smoking. The only break seem to come when they hit the breakfast buffet or to change bintang singlets from the white one to the blue one. Their overweight kids were allowed to do whatever they liked and then the parents would hire a babysitter at night to look after the kids while they went out and got sloshed.

My kids are 4 and 1 so when they were in the pool my wife or I had to be in their with them. This didn't seem to matter to other parents, who were just happy to sit back on the sun lounger having a bintang and a ciggie hoping someone else would save their kids from drowning, which was usually me or the poor balinese life guard.

It makes you embarrassed to be Australian.

You have the simple, larrikin, easy going, flannel wearing, affectionate, ACDC/Cold Chisel bogan:

bogan.jpg

Then there is the cashed up, materialistic, narcissistic, angry, tough sticker covered, big muscled, Jim Beam, drug taking, Skillrex bogan.

james-dinnison-bogan.jpg

Its the latter that I cant stand. They are the death of this country. The former is an icon.

If you think about it, they really are worlds apart. I think its unfair to the simple bogan to have them in the same category.

Top, top post :thumbsu:

I took the family to Bali at the start of the this year and stayed at what they described as a family resort.

There were hordes of severely overweight families everywhere and the parents seemed to spend their days sitting out of the front of their room drinking and smoking. The only break seem to come when they hit the breakfast buffet or to change bintang singlets from the white one to the blue one. Their overweight kids were allowed to do whatever they liked and then the parents would hire a babysitter at night to look after the kids while they went out and got sloshed.

My kids are 4 and 1 so when they were in the pool my wife or I had to be in their with them. This didn't seem to matter to other parents, who were just happy to sit back on the sun lounger having a bintang and a ciggie hoping someone else would save their kids from drowning, which was usually me or the poor balinese life guard.

It makes you embarrassed to be Australian.

Yeah and if something did happen to the bogan's kids it would be everyone else's fault but theres. F*ckwits.

bogan.jpg

Then there is the cashed up, materialistic, narcissistic, angry, tough sticker branding, big muscled, Jim Beam, methamphetamine taking, Skillrex bogan.

james-dinnison-bogan.jpg

If you think about it, they really are worlds apart. I think its unfair to the iconic simple bogan to have them in the same category.

The former example, from my experience at least, doens't usually fit the description of bogan as per the below definition (note bolded):

The term bogan (/ˈboʊɡən/)[1] is Australian and New Zealand slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for a person with an unsophisticated background, or whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplify a lack of manners and education.

The former example, from my experience at least, doens't usually fit the description of bogan as per the below definition (note bolded):

The term bogan (/ˈboʊɡən/)[1] is Australian and New Zealand slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for a person with an unsophisticated background, or whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplify a lack of manners and education.

I would add a lack of courtesy to that description

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

What exactly is a labourer and how is it not possible a bogan can also be a labourer?

What you may be defining as labourer I think I would refer to as regular Aussie blokes, and yes they drink tap beer or mixed spirits in pubs whilst bogans only drink anything with a label they can't read (especially the pregnancy and responsible consumption parts)

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk
I thought a labourer was a prominent term? Someone who works a trade? Not all "Aussie blokes" are labourers. How many people are sparkies or builders? In my humble, the traditional bogan would probably have this kind of job (or be a Paxton and on the dole). This is bogan is inoffensive. The modern bogan is probably more inclined to work in the mines, they very well might be a plasterer, but they're probably more into buying little Jayden and Nathan that new quad bike for christmas and awaiting their Crisco.

I thought a labourer was a prominent term? Someone who works a trade? Not all "Aussie blokes" are labourers. How many people are sparkies or builders? In my humble, the traditional bogan would probably have this kind of job (or be a Paxton and on the dole). This is bogan is inoffensive. The modern bogan is probably more inclined to work in the mines, they very well might be a plasterer, but they're probably more into buying little Jayden and Nathan that new quad bike for christmas and awaiting their Crisco.

Yeah I get what you mean, but to me it just seems like stereotyping by occupation, the bogan is likely to pursue any job that requires a high vis uniform. In the same way not all Aussie blokes are labourers, not all miners are bogans. Living in a mining town I can probably say that bogans on the mine probably represents a minority of the workers, here it's the tradies and builders are railroad workers that are bogan. No doubt being "on the mines" is the dream though and I reckon in those WA communities dominated by fly in fly out workforces the bogan contingent would be unbearably high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back