Remove this Banner Ad

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
Lindsay Thomas kicks a player in the upper chest, almost in the face. How many weeks?

Twenty years ago Peter Dean kicked Billy Brownless (if I recall correctly) in a manner less egregious than Thomas today and got 4 weeks. I can't recall a similar incident since, which suggests the deterrent factor in the Dean ruling worked very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More of a push than a kick. Probably deserves a fine simply for using the foot, but I doubt it will attract a week or more.

It was more that it was the first thing he did when he came on and it led to a goal at the other end. So stupid. If he doesn't get suspended, North should consider dropping him anyway.

Despite the dive Grimes took, a 'studs up' kick to the upper chest is a one of the dirtiest things going around.

If it wasn't finals I'd say 3 because it's a dog act up there with pinching and biting, but it'll be a week at least for the look of it alone.

Surprised so many here don't have an issue with someone booting a player in the chest :O

Don't worry about the kick, worry about how Lindsay Thomas smuggled rocket blasters into the MCG through his boots. Grimes reacted like he'd been hit by an RPG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back