Mega Thread The Thread of Despair - Discuss the badness of Brian Taylor here

Remove this Banner Ad

thread needs more

677469-kelli-underwood.jpg

This site has perma-bans, be very careful.

BT is just a narcissistic, patronising bully.

Most of his commentary is just him trying to score points over Darcy and Richo rather than calling the game.

Think you are over analysing, they are just footy callers, if BT is a narcissistic, patronising bully, then at least he does have a personality.

Absolutely, both are a disgrace, they are incredibly biased and luke darcy constantly snipes at josh hill. There is a serious problem at seven if an illiterate **** like taylor can get a gig at commentating.

I miss Michael Christian.

Called the game well, knew the game, was impartial, didn't engage in circle jerk rubbish with fellow commentators, wasn't a flog etc.

The Harry Taylor thing has been discussed, but I want to touch on another comment of his which really highlights his insensitive nature. At half time of the Collingwood v Geelong game, Daniel Menzel was on the boundary line with Lingy talking about his knee injuries, specifically about how he is dealing with having blown both ACL's, the second one 20 minutes into his first VFL game back. BT the fcukwit chimes in telling young Dan "You know that you're going to need two knee replacements in about 30 years don't you?".

To Darcy and Richo's credit, they were both seemingly unimpressed, but BT's reaction to the condemnation he recieved from those two was staggering. Instead of admitting he was out of line for what he said to a kid obviously battling some mental demons from his injuries, BT being the arrogant pr!ck that he is just goes on to plead his case about being correct. His reactions of "what, what, I am right aren't I?" were baffling to say the least, as he just couldn't come to terms with how out of line he was.

Here's a tip for you BT you ignorant git, just because you have something 'right' to say, doesn't mean you have the right to say it. You don't go up to someone who's in a wheelchair and say "your legs are fcuked" or tell someone with Cerebral Palsy that motor skills would not be one of their strong points just because your comment may well be factually correct. So in this case BT, it wasn't necessary to tell young Dan something that he would have already been made aware by his surgeon.

Anyone else remember in the WC vs Coll match in Perth a few weeks ago there was a shot of a fan in the stands wearing large wraparound sunglasses (it was a night game) and BT and Darcy started laying into him for being a poser? I swear that guy looked like he was actually blind.

Really reminded me of this:

I kept hoping to hear a story later that week about how BT was going to have to issue a grovelling apology.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about his explanation for the fireworks? Rather than just ignoring it and getting on with calling the game (god forbid) he tried to launch a convincing theory and decided that they were 'practising' for the Royal Melbourne Show (which started today) 'by the Yarra' (despite there being a gigantic commission flat right next door to the fireworks).

I fricking hate his yelling more than poison. There I've said it "Hate". How the hell can anyone scream a behind in in such an imbecilic manner is beyond my comprehension. During the season I have turned off games when this bloke has yelled " they are comiiiiiiing" when the team he is wanting to cum is 7 goals behind. Tonight the game was compelling and the only thing that ruined it was Brian.

I hope BT gets demoted from Saturday Night Football or from the Foxtel team altogether. For the teams that played last night it was a prelim, but I'd like to think it was BT's last hurrah on television. Absolute amateur.

The constant flogging of tweets by BT and Luke Darcy is cringe worthy. They always go out of their way to mention twitter and fango. FFS nobody cares.

In their defense, they are most likely under orders from their producers to flog Fango and the tweets that come in as it is a 7 Product. That being said, the useless comments on the fireworks (last night); poking fun at fans, or some player's hairstyle or boundary umpire's hairstyle; etc.. cannot possibly come from the producers. I understand there is catering for the "casual fans" but it sounds like they are catering for themselves aka doing it for shits and giggles. $1.2 bill well spent :rolleyes:

In their defense, they are most likely under orders from their producers to flog Fango and the tweets that come in as it is a 7 Product. That being said, the useless comments on the fireworks (last night); poking fun at fans, or some player's hairstyle or boundary umpire's hairstyle; etc.. cannot possibly come from the producers. I understand there is catering for the "casual fans" but it sounds like they are catering for themselves aka doing it for shits and giggles. $1.2 bill well spent :rolleyes:
I know they are but it's so hilarious how badly they try and copy the American broadcasting model which isn't even the best model. i don't know what US sports they base it off. The American one is alright though and I've never watched an NFL or NBA game where they have even mentioned twitter. They rarely talk about the players personal lives, appearance and in the NFL they never show the fans close up yet alone mention them. In the NBA they might show a funny fan occasionally which is okay but the point is they don't flog it. The AFL should look at the EPL broadcasting. It's fantastic. They just talk about the bloody game. Fox Footy seems to do it better.

BT near the end of the coverage

"Victoria, South Australia and South Australia will now go to the news"

Have a listen to the Kiwi commentators on any rugby union game. The right mix of excitement, analysis and humor every single time. It's not hard.

I was in Joburgh once when a Bocks v. Wallabies international was played over here. I could not believe the excitement they showed when an Aussie did something spectacular - it might be just me but BT gives nothing - he shows no demonstrable knowlege of the game or tactical insight, he is incrediblly biased, gets the names of players wrong routinely - why is he there?

BT: Blokey, Blokey Darce

Darce: Blokey, Blokey I am not touching that at all

BT: Blokey Blokey WOWEE

Lingy thought balloon (can someone save me from these talentless clowns!!)

thread needs more

677469-kelli-underwood.jpg

Better than BT. There, I said it.

Unfairly maligned because she's a woman. People harped on about her voice, but it's no worse than BT's.

Also knew more about the game than some of those who played at AFL level and are given commentary gigs just because of their name.

Better than BT. There, I said it.

Unfairly maligned because she's a woman. People harped on about her voice, but it's no worse than BT's.

Also knew more about the game than some of those who played at AFL level and are given commentary gigs just because of their name.

I never liked her much but she's way better than BT. A commentator that knows all of the players names >>> than a commentator that knows just a few. It's a complete disgrace and an insult to the audience that ch 7 pay someone 500k a year to commentate that does not know the names of most of the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back