Mega Thread The Thread of Despair - Discuss the badness of Brian Taylor here

Remove this Banner Ad

Heh :D As I was typing that I thought that'd be pretty hilarious actually. But then I remembered it would mean a Collingwood Grand Final and I'd have to listen to them bitch over every single umpiring decision.

Eddie: "Bullshit call ump"
Roos: "They've been paying that all year"
Eddie: "Which year are you talking about, cause it isnt this year"
Roos: "They paid it in the second quarter in favour of your mob"
Eddie: "That was different and should be paid everyday of the week"
etc, etc

I literally think of these two guys:

muppet-show.jpg

love it!

Heh :D As I was typing that I thought that'd be pretty hilarious actually. But then I remembered it would mean a Collingwood Grand Final and I'd have to listen to them bitch over every single umpiring decision.

Eddie: "Bullshit call ump"
Roos: "They've been paying that all year"
Eddie: "Which year are you talking about, cause it isnt this year"
Roos: "They paid it in the second quarter in favour of your mob"
Eddie: "That was different and should be paid everyday of the week"
etc, etc

I literally think of these two guys:

muppet-show.jpg

Needs more references to COLA and more mentions of "Goodsey" and "Mummy". :p

I love BT. He really knows how to make footy fun. With all the off field drama that's been going on in the AFL for the last year and a bit, when you watch a game you just want to forget about all of that and enjoy yourself. BT provides the ability to do that.

His commentary of Gunston's goal of the year contender, for example, was clearly the highlight of an otherwise horrible match.

I love BT. He really knows how to make footy fun. With all the off field drama that's been going on in the AFL for the last year and a bit, when you watch a game you just want to forget about all of that and enjoy yourself. BT provides the ability to do that.

His commentary of Gunston's goal of the year contender, for example, was clearly the highlight of an otherwise horrible match.

Bt would do well commentating an EJ whittens match I'd give him that.

That was, without doubt, the ******* worst piece of commentary I've heard from him.

I literally wanted to neck myself after that.

Way to ruin a good ******* rivalry you campaigner BT.

Every f*cking Geelong game he is intolerable. He spends the entire night insulting the home ground and trying to get Geelong players suspended. F*cking egotistical intolerable flog.

Free country and all that but I find the BT fans on this thread as horrifying and surprising as someone who is an admirer of the Third Reich. The guy is intolerable - imagine if you will the thought process that thinks catch phrases such as "Boy oh Boy" and "Wowee" are worth running with!

PS you cannot put Eddie and BT in the same boat - Eddie at least knows the names of the players and is a super professional broadcaster - he is a great caller of neutral (for him) games

What I can't get over is that somewhere in the bowels of Channel 7, there is a marketing executive who is telling BT to keep hamming it up and focussing on blokey stuff instead of calling the game.

Apparently we the punters really love hearing about players' haircuts and s**t instead of knowing what's happening on the field o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free country and all that but I find the BT fans on this thread as horrifying and surprising as someone who is an admirer of the Third Reich. The guy is intolerable - imagine if you will the thought process that thinks catch phrases such as "Boy oh Boy" and "Wowee" are worth running with!

PS you cannot put Eddie and BT in the same boat - Eddie at least knows the names of the players and is a super professional broadcaster - he is a great caller of neutral (for him) games

I wouldn't say super professional, and I would never use the word great, but McGuire is a far better caller than Taylor. AS LONG AS COLLINGWOOD ARE NOT PLAYING.

I wouldn't say super professional, and I would never use the word great, but McGuire is a far better caller than Taylor. AS LONG AS COLLINGWOOD ARE NOT PLAYING.
P I did say "a great caller of neutral (for him) games"

I've come to accept BT's cheerful inanity. I especially enjoy how Richo sticks it to him. The entire media is full of cretinous rednecks who struggle with the English language, so BT hardly stands out. His main job is call the game and sound enthusiastic about it. He gets a few names wrong, declares Mike Pyke is the worst player in the league - BT getting it wrong is part of the entertainment.

The annoying thing about footy commentary - and it's obviously under instructions - is talking over the action. You see clutch goals kicked while some commentator is discussing who's up for AA backline this year.

Loved the commentary on Saturday night, bt richo and lingy are a good team imo. Far and away better than Dwayne "chaos ball" Russell, Luke "in the competition" Darcy and others like Tony Shaw and Matt Campbell. And especially better than basil and Hamish ******* McLaughlin

PETITION TO GET BRIAN TAYLOR OFF THE AIR!

Brian Taylor
, the stuff you came up with on Saturday night's match between West Coast and Geelong was absolute rubbish.

Insisting Josh Walker should get fined by the AFL for a tiny imperfection on his jumper, campaigning for Joel Selwood to get suspended, roasting the Geelong medical staff for 'lying to the media' about Tom Hawkins' injury, comparing the sliding rule to "not having cars and planes back in the day", and calling Steven Motlop "Allen Christensen" for an entire half of football. At one point you even got Allen Christensen - a 5"10 indiginous midfielder - confused with Josh Walker - a 6"4 caucasion full forward.

You don't know the names of the players. You spend more time talking garbage about trivial matters than you do talking about the game. You don't give club's other than Collingwood any credit, and dismiss big performances and good form as the opposition playing badly. You have little to no knowledge of the game. You're the most biased commentator ever to have the unfortunate privilege of calling our great game.
Footy Fans are known to mute the television when you're commentating and listen to the radio instead. This is how terrible you are at what you do. This is how much we despise what you call commentary.

BT, you're an absolute Muppet - and we don't want you commentating the brilliant game of AFL.

Sign the petition to show your support! Remember to SHARE it with your fellow Footy fans.

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/get-brian-taylor-off-the-air

Bloke was well and truly on the power train last night. Might as well have pulled on their kit and jumped onto the field.

Colossal twat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back