ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
image.jpg

Some very interesting head to heads in there, the games at Anfield for City & Chelsea in particular look to be crucial in deciding where the Premier League trophy ends up.

All 4 teams have strengths & weaknesses in equal measure and to be honest I can't see any of them going unbeaten for the rest of the season which means it really is anyone's game. I also have a feeling I won't have much in the way of fingernails left by the end of May.

People underestimate how difficult it is to have a good winning run. League record is 14, best by any side this season is 8. So points will be dropped by everyone.

For us I'm looking at nine wins from our last eleven. Eight might be enough. Any dropped points from our home games could be a killer, I think Palace away is a must win too.

That'll leave us with 6 points needed from United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton away.

City with the toughest run in looking at that, although it doesn't seem to include the games in hand they have? They have 2 more games than us and 3 more than Chelsea remaining.

If we can get through to the Everton game and still be within ~3 points we are in with a shot.

We have Sunderland at home mid week after Liverpool, Villa at home mid week after Everton. Third game in hand is the derby next week.

Once we get through the next five games our run home is pretty good. Four of our last six are home matches.

Getting through the current tough patch within striking distance of the top is critical for Arsenal. We also have the Cup semi final on April 12 I believe.

I'm going with Chelsea. Will be favorites in all except maybe away to us. After Arsenal which they should, will easily win the rest of their home games and Swansea only tough looking away game, although the rest are all in the relegation dog fight so you never know.

We have the 3 tough sides in Chelsea, City and Spurs but all at home, win those 3 who knows but I'm realistically aiming at 3rd.

Will be decided if City are going to win the league in their next 5. Lose to all of United, Arsenal and Liverpool and that's probably them done, win them all and it's probably their title.

Arsenal the same as City, their next 4 probably will decide things. Their goal difference basically means they're an extra point behind the others and given how close it is you wouldn't be surprised if at least one position is decided on goals.

I make City title favourites with Chelsea a close second, while Arsenal and Liverpool will scrap it out for 3rd and 4th. I generally favour sides which can consistently grind out results when they need to, but then again anything can happen when a team is on a good run

From the moment Chelsea lost & City won, against the odds at Hull, then the title was decided.
Arsenal's current run of fixtures is just too hard, Liverpool only needs one slip, or even to only draw at home against City & Chelsea.
Chelsea's horrible style & the two red cards will stop their charge. City comfortably for me.
Hoping like hell the Liverpool don't slip up but can only see second for us sadly.

People underestimate how difficult it is to have a good winning run. League record is 14.

Hmm interesting. If Liverpool won their remaining games they'd equal the league record. That is very very unlikely to happen.

Would be very very handy if we could dish out a couple 5-0 thrashings against the likes of Sunderland and Norwich - this could be 11/12 all over again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Liverpool, it's about being within a game of both City and Chelsea when they come up to Anfield

The next month of fixtures are kinder to Liverpool than the other 3 rivals, if they're still within touching distance then all bets are off

But if Chelsea pull their finger out they should do this, their fixtures are by far the easiest. Otherwise, send the little horse to the glue factory or make dog food out of it

They've dropped the same amount of points in the last 6.

Call me old fashioned, but 16 points from a possible 18 is more points than 10 points from a possible 18. I'll stand corrected, but that also means they've dropped 8 points and we've dropped 2.

Or has maths changed and no-one told me?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back