The Title Race

Remove this Banner Ad

Also Rodgers has had money to spend, he has gotten very good ones like Allen Coutinho Sturridge and Sakho, but also pretty ordinary ones like Borini Aspas Alberto and so forth

So his hit rate's just about normal, it's his ability to develop players that is impressive. Maybe apart from Sturridge, Sakho and Coutinho, all the players in our starting lineup are the same ones he inherited

we'll win a few before afc does imo
#WengerStay

And watch Chelsea and City re-load for next season with buys you can only dream of.

Liverpool will be back fighting for 3rd-4th with the rest of Us, and that's assuming Suarez stays.

Enjoy catching everyone on a down period. Enjoy it. Milk it.

But don't for a second believe you are at the top of the food chain again.

FWIW this is the best chance Liverpool will have of winning it for a while. Will be much harder for them next season with extra games from Europe and maybe a cup run or two to play.

I also think that clubs haven't quite worked out how to approach Liverpool yet, a lot of times I watch the games and think "it's crazy what they are doing". West Ham did to an extent a few weeks back and I expect Norwich will today. It may not work each game, but either will a free flowing, open gameplan.

Also think they have been pretty lucky with injury this season. Maybe not at the start, but since Christmas they have been able to field a pretty settled lineup, particularly forward of defence.

Regardless of what happens it will be seen as a very good season for Liverpool, pretty unexpected even by the most biased of scousers. But if they do lose it from here it will be a real sickener, equivalent of losing a GF in the AFL.

* me some sour grapes in here and we haven't even won anything yet. I think it would be great for a team other than city or Chelsea to win the title. I would feel the same if was arsenal or spurs in our position too.

It's interesting the assumption we will drop down because city and Chelsea will outspend us. Sure their squads s**t on ours but you're only as good as the team you put out. There's only so many options to improve those sides and I personally don't think there's much difference between the best 11 of the current top 3 and arsenal are only a decent striker away from them too. I think next season could easily be this good again.

FWIW this is the best chance Liverpool will have of winning it for a while. Will be much harder for them next season with extra games from Europe and maybe a cup run or two to play.

I also think that clubs haven't quite worked out how to approach Liverpool yet, a lot of times I watch the games and think "it's crazy what they are doing". West Ham did to an extent a few weeks back and I expect Norwich will today. It may not work each game, but either will a free flowing, open gameplan.

Also think they have been pretty lucky with injury this season. Maybe not at the start, but since Christmas they have been able to field a pretty settled lineup, particularly forward of defence.

Regardless of what happens it will be seen as a very good season for Liverpool, pretty unexpected even by the most biased of scousers. But if they do lose it from here it will be a real sickener, equivalent of losing a GF in the AFL.
Turn it up a bit more why don't you!

2 more wins will do it for Liverpool. Had enough of these hypothetical Man City and Chelsea points total rubbish when they're both s**t.

Two more wins won't do it for us. We'll knock Chelsea out of the race if we win today and against them but City will still be able to catch us. It's not over till it's over.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And watch Chelsea and City re-load for next season with buys you can only dream of.

Liverpool will be back fighting for 3rd-4th with the rest of Us, and that's assuming Suarez stays.

Enjoy catching everyone on a down period. Enjoy it. Milk it.

But don't for a second believe you are at the top of the food chain again.

How can City re-load arent they in FFP trouble?
Chelsea yes for sure your right.

and don't you think LFC will re-load now that we are in UCL and possible champions?

Honestly Faith, keep quiet until we actually won something, we have won nothing yet, not even tonight, and talking about anything in future seasons is silly at this stage
i was trying to make the point that AFC under Wenger won't win anything significant imo.
no no, keep going.
City are the biggest flops this season, had high hopes for them, maybe it's a culture thing not sure.

i was trying to make the point that AFC under Wenger won't win anything significant imo.

City are the biggest flops this season, had high hopes for them, maybe it's a culture thing not sure.

Season hasnt finished yet. And we have managed to win a few things in the past few years despite our "culture".

How can City re-load arent they in FFP trouble?
Chelsea yes for sure your right.

and don't you think LFC will re-load now that we are in UCL and possible champions?

We'll improve the squad again this season. Remember Liverpools lost £50m as well last season.

They won't be under Wenger for much longer

And stop trolling people FFS, always comes back to bite your own club in the ass

Season hasnt finished yet. And we have managed to win a few things in the past few years despite our "culture".
underachieved though surely?

We'll improve the squad again this season. Remember Liverpools lost £50m as well last season.
50m not being in Europe. City lost 150m? being in Europe thats concerning surely

underachieved though surely?

Like I said the season isn't over yet. If we don't win it will be disappointing, but I wouldn't say that it was just a matter of culture and leave it at that. We can improve our squad, manage our injuries better, we've had a year to get used to a totally different style of football. Culture is just overly simplistic.

50m not being in Europe. City lost 150m? being in Europe thats concerning surely

We lost £50m, pretty much the same as you.

As far as I can see Liverpool are subject to the same rules as anyone. If they are not looked into this season they certainly will be next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back