Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
NEVER! This type of attitude of yours is the exactly the killer instinct that "we" have lacked and pretty much given it to them. You see Gerrard? He knows how much it means. It tells me that, despite the glory and status of winning the CL and that the PL is seen somewhat as an afterthought by comparison, that in actual fact, the PL has more merit.

This is all ******* Ferguson's fault. If that **** hadn't retired, there's no way Liverpoo would be in this position. He had a hold on them. He ******* leaves and it's back to the 80s again. Everton to be denied a worthy European spot, one way or the other.
I was doing a bit of fishing, mate :p. Got a bite too.

Dumpstar

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
NEVER! This type of attitude of yours is the exactly the killer instinct that "we" have lacked and pretty much given it to them. You see Gerrard? He knows how much it means. It tells me that, despite the glory and status of winning the CL and that the PL is seen somewhat as an afterthought by comparison, that in actual fact, the PL has more merit.

This is all ******* Ferguson's fault. If that **** hadn't retired, there's no way Liverpoo would be in this position. He had a hold on them. He ******* leaves and it's back to the 80s again. Everton to be denied a worthy European spot, one way or the other.

Pull yourself together man!

******* delighted. 5 points clear. Beat Chelsea, they're out of the race. City need to win all their remaining fixtures to even have a chance.

And side note - Liverpool guaranteed their Champions League group stage qualification with this win. Will be lovely hearing that music again!

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
And side note - Liverpool guaranteed their Champions League group stage qualification with this win. Will be lovely hearing that music again!

No qualifers, no qualifers! It's huge

Let's see if we can do the ultimate on top of that

Not sure Chelsea's outta the race though, if they beat us at home they'd be back in, if they don't win then they're definitely out

Mar 8, 2007
With My Mate Jack - Jack Daniel's
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, PAFC, QBN TIGERS & JD
Dr.-Who.gif

Best beat City at Goodison then to keep your hopes alive ;)

7zark7

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2004
Napier St
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Ramsey back in the team makes us a completely different side. Losing him for half the season cost us dearly. Would also have love to see how Theo would have worked with Ozils brilliant passing. We are only a decent striker away from being contenders. Giroud is a bench player. Maybe next year.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Ramsey back in the team makes us a completely different side. Losing him for half the season cost us dearly. Would also have love to see how Theo would have worked with Ozils brilliant passing. We are only a decent striker away from being contenders. Giroud is a bench player. Maybe next year.
And a DM, and some good depth.

NYJetsfor2029

All Australian
Dec 11, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Notre Dame

Yes if you can add say a Jackson Martinez to the first team, Arsenal will definitely be amongst it next season.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
It will be interesting to see what strategy Liverpool take to their spending regardless of budget.

Will they look for first XI players, displacing people who have done a decent job this season. Or will they look for cheaper, depth signings.

I think a bit of both. A central midfielder or two, couple of defenders and a good back up forward.

image.jpg

Posted this in the Liverpool thread the other week (the XXXX representing areas I think we need to strengthen). I don't think it will take much to get this squad competitive on all fronts next season.

In defence we probably only need 1 full back (either left or right given Johnson & Flanagan's ability to play both sides). I'd also add Tiago Ilori to the list of CB's we could call back into the squad, he has been immense on loan at Granada including a MOTM performance in their 1-0 win over Barça last week.

Pretty happy with our midfield depth, wouldn't hurt to have 1 more box to box mid but I don't think it's an urgent need.

In terms of attacking mids Suso can come back from his loan and act as Coutinho's understudy, he's shown he's definitely up to the standard required. Sterling's ability to play #10 also helps a lot. I'd probably bring in 1 or 2 winger/#10 type players (Konoplyanka and 1 other).

Up front Suarez & Sturridge are perfectly capable of acting as lone strikers or as a pair meaning if 1 goes down we just switch up the formation slightly. Aspas will probably move on which is a shame, he's not done anything particularly wrong, he's just behind 2 of the best strikers in the game and there haven't been enough matches for him to get an opportunity, Borini will come back in and replace him. We might look at getting another striker but Suarez's incredible resilience and ability to play every single game means it's probably not our biggest need.

Combination of 2 or 3 loanees coming back into the squad and spending £35-40m on 2 or 3 'first team quality' signings will allow us to make a pretty good account of ourselves both domestically and in Europe in my opinion. The versatility of this side means we really don't need 3 players in every position.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I'd sign Bertrand as competition for Enrique and move Flanagan over to the right in competition with Johnson. Time to sell Kelly, clearly hasn't recovered his pre ACL injury levels and move Toure on with Wisdom coming back from loan. What we really need is a midfielder who is physically strong and can run all day who can complement Henderson. I'd seriously look at M'Vila for this role as we were close to buying him in Jan but couldn't negotiate a deal I think Konoplyanka is a given as we need depth in the winger/AM area. I expect Borini to come back and perform the Dirk Kuyt role chipping in with 10 goals and filling in where needed. He has impressed at Sunderland this season.

I expect that we'll sell Reina, Assaidi, Kelly, Coates & Aspas and we'll let Toure go if someone is will to take his wages off our hands (doubt we'll get a transfer fee for him). Being conservative I can see us raising 20-25 million between the sale of all 5 of those players and BR spending about 35 million on 2-3 quality footballers so we certainly won't be spending in the same stratosphere as the likes of Chelsea & City.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Dear Satan,

I know you're reading this.

This is the deal. Let Collingwood have 17 and Essendon can destroy us again by 15 goals. But just stop Liverpoo from claiming this season's PL.

If you want, give them some lesser cup wins for the next 5 years or so.

Deal?

Yours with the greatest of sincerity.

imadodgyumpire.

Dustin Credible

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2010
Hexham
AFL Club
Richmond
View attachment 52524

Posted this in the Liverpool thread the other week (the XXXX representing areas I think we need to strengthen). I don't think it will take much to get this squad competitive on all fronts next season.

In defence we probably only need 1 full back (either left or right given Johnson & Flanagan's ability to play both sides). I'd also add Tiago Ilori to the list of CB's we could call back into the squad, he has been immense on loan at Granada including a MOTM performance in their 1-0 win over Barça last week.

Wrt. The CBs the plan with Ilori was always to loan him out for the year straight away after signing him but there are rumours that Wisdom may form part of a deal for Will Hughes.

Dear imadodgyumpire,

Unfortunately as part of the terms of my dismissal from Manchester United last May I am not able to accept any contracts within the football community for a period of 12 months. I would be happy to discuss from May 31.

Sincerely
Satan

PS - Would love to help as I think Liverpool are a bunch of campaigners. But so are Essendon and Collingwood so you may need to negotiate different terms. Yours in evil....

PPS - If you come across Andy Demetriou tell him the mrs says hello

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Meh let them have it. They've been so depraved of success for so many years now, it'll be good for their fans to see what a proper trophy looks like again.
Lolz.

If you want to see what a European Cup looks like, come to Anfield, we have one permanently on display, because you know, we've won it 5 times. We've also won more League Cups than you, oh and more UEFA Cups than you, oh and more League titles than you.

Have a lovely day :)

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
All went well last night in the title race. Getting so close now I feel physically sick most of the time. The nerves. Beat Chelsea and it ends their chances. So that is goal now. To make this three horse race into a two horse race!

Hopefully WBA can help us out tonight but I wont hold my breath.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
View attachment 52524

Pretty happy with our midfield depth, wouldn't hurt to have 1 more box to box mid but I don't think it's an urgent need.

In terms of attacking mids Suso can come back from his loan and act as Coutinho's understudy, he's shown he's definitely up to the standard required. Sterling's ability to play #10 also helps a lot. I'd probably bring in 1 or 2 winger/#10 type players (Konoplyanka and 1 other).

Up front Suarez & Sturridge are perfectly capable of acting as lone strikers or as a pair meaning if 1 goes down we just switch up the formation slightly. Aspas will probably move on which is a shame, he's not done anything particularly wrong, he's just behind 2 of the best strikers in the game and there haven't been enough matches for him to get an opportunity, Borini will come back in and replace him. We might look at getting another striker but Suarez's incredible resilience and ability to play every single game means it's probably not our biggest need.

Combination of 2 or 3 loanees coming back into the squad and spending £35-40m on 2 or 3 'first team quality' signings will allow us to make a pretty good account of ourselves both domestically and in Europe in my opinion. The versatility of this side means we really don't need 3 players in every position.
We definitely need more depth in the front three, wide positions. Moses wont be kept and he is shite anyways. So to bring a player like Konoplyanka off the bench improves us dramatically. Hopefully two players can be brought in. We need a full back too as Cissohko will also return to Valencia. I think Suso can come straight into the first team and play quite a lot. Really talented kid. I always said he was going to be better than Sterling but after this season, I may be wrong about that haha.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
:)
Lolz.

If you want to see what a European Cup looks like, come to Anfield, we have one permanently on display, because you know, we've won it 5 times. We've also won more League Cups than you, oh and more UEFA Cups than you, oh and more League titles than you.

Have a lovely day :)
No thanks. I've seen all ours and they are pretty nice. No dust on them either!

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
Really loving reading all the offended comments about Liverpool from all the non LFC fans. Keep it up clowns I wanna read more.

Liverpool FC, 2013/14 cham....no not yet, still too soon.

Back