The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Spewing I had to miss cos of work....Get in!

Hopefully we can keep this going and make something of the season and not let Pardew/Ashley simply buy themselves time.

When was the last time we won at WHL?

Last season courtesy of 14 saves from Timmy Krul. I know what you mean though. I think the time before that we might have got thumped 5-0 or 5-1 from memory. :confused:

I watched the first 20 mins I think and then when we went 1-0 down and looked horrible (plus no Cisse or Tiote), decided to go to sleep because I had a big weekend.

The Sammy goal was just amazing. Like Obertan the last few weeks, he's another who was arguably on the scrapheap and he's come in and made a big impact.

Back to back wins and out of the relegation zone, good stuff. I won't be getting too excited just yet though. Pardew has a long way to go to make up for the embarrassing 2014 form we've dished up!

Happy for Perez to score as well (even better it was teed up by Cabella). Apparently he led the line well despite being quite young and not massively built.

Obertan was back to his old form last night. No surprise he was subbed off, he looked lost out there. Gouffran was worse though, I cannot understand what he is selected for each week... Sammy can play that role surely.

Anita was useless. Colback wasn't much better.

Taylor & Colo defended OK.

Sissoko was brilliant! Best game he has played for us in about 18 months. I thought Perez was great too - he just seems like a guy that would thrive next to another striker though. I'd love to see this lineup ASAP:

---------------Krul----------------
Janmaat-Taylor-Colo-Haidara
--------Sissoko--Tiote----------
Cabella-----------------Ameobi
----------Cisse---Perez---------

Obertan was back to his old form last night. No surprise he was subbed off, he looked lost out there. Gouffran was worse though, I cannot understand what he is selected for each week... Sammy can play that role surely.

Anita was useless. Colback wasn't much better.

Taylor & Colo defended OK.

Sissoko was brilliant! Best game he has played for us in about 18 months. I thought Perez was great too - he just seems like a guy that would thrive next to another striker though. I'd love to see this lineup ASAP:

---------------Krul----------------
Janmaat-Taylor-Colo-Haidara
--------Sissoko--Tiote----------
Cabella-----------------Ameobi
----------Cisse---Perez---------

That's a shame about Obertan, hope his form recently wasn't just a flash in the pan and this is more just a bump in the road for him. Agreed on Gouf, he's really a striker and its great he doesn't kick up a fuss playing as a wide player for the team but he's definitely going backwards. Aarons is back in training I think so maybe we'll see him back in the mix too. Ameobi, Aarons, Cabella, Gouffran and Obertan at least gives us a few different options.

Perez seems to have impressed leading the line against the tall and physical Spurs' defence (even out jumping them to score his goal). Add Tiote and Cisse back into the side and we'll look a lot stronger IMO. Really would like to see 2 up top as well against Liverpool.

Liverpool will be an interesting game, they are a bit inconsistent at the minute but normally seem to get the upper hand in Newcastle-Liverpool fixtures.

You'll beat us next weekend.

Wouldn't be so sure Oz, Liverpool generally seem to get the better of us in this fixture. Here's hoping there's goals though (I think it might be the highest scoring fixture in PL history off the top of my head).

Looks like Cashley is all but set to gain control of Rangers too (if he can work out a way to own more than 10% while still owning us):
  • Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley's £2m loan accepted by Rangers
  • Graham Wallace has stepped down as the Glasgow club's chief executive
  • Ashley has effectively been given control of Rangers after loan accepted
  • Newcastle owner's influence at the club has grown and he already has the naming rights to Ibrox and also runs the club's retail department
  • Ashley is allowed to put forward two names to join board at Rangers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Graham-Wallace-resigning-chief-executive.html

Watched it live and watched the replay and it really was one of those game of two halves.
As we all know Pardew is a coaching genius and he proved it again on the weekend.
He'll have no prob outwitting Rodgers.
To be honest Spurs were less than fantastic but the win was fantastic after going behind.

Have to give the man his due scon, he was spot on with his substitutions against Spurs. I wonder if he even surprised himself? :D

League cup 4th round tie away against Man City tomorrow. Will it be the first time we progress past the 4th round under Pardew? Tough ask. Likely to be no Cisse, Tiote, Williamson or Riviere.

Hopefully the likes of Armstrong, Abeid, (the returning) Aarons, Cabella and Haidara are all given decent run outs. Would expect Ameobi, Obertan and Perez to feature again and maybe (given we're light on strikers) we'll see the debut of Ferreyra :D

Also, a nice bit of news for Perez.

Had to laugh about this bit though. Good ol' Pards playing players out of position :D (to be fair, he has looked good up front, I wonder how he'd go playing as a CAM or cutting in from a wide position?)

Perez, who scored 16 goals in Spain’s Segunda Division for Tenerife last season, picked up awards for best attacking midfielder and “revelation of the year”.

Newcastle have used him as a striker this term and Alan Pardew has described him as a natural goalscorer.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ayoze-perez-wins-spanish-awards-8009397

Also, a nice bit of news for Perez.

Had to laugh about this bit though. Good ol' Pards playing players out of position :D (to be fair, he has looked good up front, I wonder how he'd go playing as a CAM or cutting in from a wide position?)

Perez, who scored 16 goals in Spain’s Segunda Division for Tenerife last season, picked up awards for best attacking midfielder and “revelation of the year”.

Newcastle have used him as a striker this term and Alan Pardew has described him as a natural goalscorer.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ayoze-perez-wins-spanish-awards-8009397

I think he's going to prove to be a very good signing. I've liked him since I saw his cameos early in the season.

I think he's going to prove to be a very good signing. I've liked him since I saw his cameos early in the season.

Agreed! Apparently had interest from a lot of the big European clubs too so he might be a real coup for us (though Ashley will no doubt sell him if he comes good and a big offer is made).

I read over the weekend we had the chance to sign Sakho (who's been banging them in for West Ham) but opted for Perez instead. He's a bit younger but hopefully can prove to be the right choice.

Wow. We play a weakened side away to Man City (who seem to be our bogey side) and somehow won 2-0! First time we've got past the 4th round of the cup under Pardew. Aarons scoring on his return, boy, he's going to be something special. Still only 18 I think?

Sissoko continuing his rich vein of form too with the second.

Clean sheet, great team performance from all and Ryan Taylor made his competitive return after around 2 years out with injury playing the full 90 mins! Can't ask for more than that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are on fire! Do you know of any links to any highlights?

Here's the goals mate. Sissoko's was class (bit of dribbling and a nice nutmeg). Sorry for the quality.

Obertan should have won a penalty too.

1604949_10152823084018210_7155098389035450392_n.jpg

10710590_735617783160344_2479953612864608436_n.jpg

10733955_10152828091344883_3175962491136448420_n.jpg

1546348_735614633160659_5713099994359998985_n.jpg

No idea what he was going for! Wasn't really close at all.

Cabella might be a good set piece taker. Would have been great if Ryan Taylor was on 'over the wall' again against Mignolet! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back