The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Still nothing on Lee Clark which is surprising

Yeah, don't even think I've seen his name even mentioned - very odd given the links between the club and him plus the fact he's available for hire too.

If not First team manager, wouldn't mind getting him involved in the coaching setup at the club in some capacity if he was interested.

That breakaway from a turnover seemed to symbolize the season.

four... four of them got there faster than anyone else on the field

only to screw it up, because there ware four strikers to choose from

That breakaway from a turnover seemed to symbolize the season.

four... four of them got there faster than anyone else on the field

only to screw it up, because there ware four strikers to choose from

Haha yeah...when that happened I honestly expected West Ham would equalise and then news that Hull had taken the lead over Man Utd would filter in...

Would have been such a Toon thing to happen.

Thankfully, cometh the hour, cometh the Spiderman! :cool:

Patrick Veira to be announced as manager it's been rumoured, he's odds on with the bookies in the UK and I personally think it would be a great appointment. Getting Veira makes sense, he would be the cheapest option and he holds such prestige in world football, he brings alot of class to the club. From all reports he's been brilliant at City with their under 21s, he is also favourite in fan polls as well.

How would you lads feel about him?

Patrick Veira to be announced as manager it's been rumoured, he's odds on with the bookies in the UK and I personally think it would be a great appointment. Getting Veira makes sense, he would be the cheapest option and he holds such prestige in world football, he brings alot of class to the club. From all reports he's been brilliant at City with their under 21s, he is also favourite in fan polls as well.

How would you lads feel about him?

Saw the rumours and really hope its true to be honest. If not Garde/Laudrup, then definitely would be happy with him.

He's a big name, a born winner and leader and might help attract players to the club - not too unlike Keegan when he first came on as a manager...

We've still got quite a French connection too so this would be pretty exciting to helping lure more French talent to the club.

P.S I think he has said that St James' Park is his favourite stadium to have played at...

Does he have much/any experience?

No senior experience, think he's just been busy with Man City's youth teams since retiring. That being said, I'd rather take a punt on him being unproven than a tried and tested option like McClaren.

Some rumours that Palace have made a $10m bid for Cabaye.

Far out, would love to have him back. Isn't getting much game time at PSG and as far as I know, still has great memories of his time with us. Not exactly fitting the profile of a young player with resale value but boy could he play.

Saw the rumours and really hope its true to be honest. If not Garde/Laudrup, then definitely would be happy with him.

He's a big name, a born winner and leader and might help attract players to the club - not too unlike Keegan when he first came on as a manager...

We've still got quite a French connection too so this would be pretty exciting to helping lure more French talent to the club.

P.S I think he has said that St James' Park is his favourite stadium to have played at...

No senior experience, think he's just been busy with Man City's youth teams since retiring. That being said, I'd rather take a punt on him being unproven than a tried and tested option like McClaren.

He is meeting Charnley this week, he has publicly said that it's about Newcastle being able to provide him the tools to be successful. I feel that will be the only thing holding him back, if MA is serious about investing in players then Veira really shouldn't have any reservations! He is keen for the role, the fans want him so let's get it done.

A recent pole had Veria as 86% vote over McLaren, says it all really. This will be a test for MA who's popularity has grown over the last week! The mag had a poll, 'Do you think MA will stick to his word and invest in the club' something along those lines anyway and it was 56% yes. I will do handstands if we get Veira, it will be a signal of what should be a decent summer of transfers into the club.

He is meeting Charnley this week, he has publicly said that it's about Newcastle being able to provide him the tools to be successful. I feel that will be the only thing holding him back, if MA is serious about investing in players then Veira really shouldn't have any reservations! He is keen for the role, the fans want him so let's get it done.

A recent pole had Veria as 86% vote over McLaren, says it all really. This will be a test for MA who's popularity has grown over the last week! The mag had a poll, 'Do you think MA will stick to his word and invest in the club' something along those lines anyway and it was 56% yes. I will do handstands if we get Veira, it will be a signal of what should be a decent summer of transfers into the club.

Definitely agree that Vieria would be a very encouraging appointment - I think I read season ticket renewals had their due dates extended due to few actually renewing (probably waiting on the manager before deciding).

I think if we get him, the club will need to give him assurances he'll have control (or the final say) on transfers - plus he'd surely want a decent transfer kitty to play with given how threadbare the squad is (think I read we might see 6 signings this window).

If its down to him or McClaren, I know who I want! :p

Yeah, apparently Vieria turned it down due to not being given full control of transfers. No manager worth their salt will take a job where their fate will be partly decided about the players brought/sold against their wishes.

Looks like it will be a second manager dismissed by a lower league club given the job.

Lee Clark's thrown his hat into the ring - would prefer him over McClaren to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah...looking like its McClaren's job, many reports saying it will be confirmed next week.

Looks like Ashley's pledge to 'win' something was just empty words to try and boost our flagging season ticket renewals.

If it's to be Steve, I'll get behind him and the team - at least he's better than Carver...;)

Shaping up to be a fairly underwhelming off season so far. :(
  • McClaren as potentially our next manager. Current model looking like staying in place.
  • Release of (and the manner in what done) Jonas and Raylor.
  • Season ticket sales struggling.
  • Preseason tour to play third tier US teams (why couldn't we play MLS - top tier teams?)
  • No transfer movement whilst other clubs have already started making signings.

P.S scon & Moo - worried that the mighty Yellow and Black will end Freo's streak tonight? ;)

Shaping up to be a fairly underwhelming off season so far. :(
  • McClaren as potentially our next manager. Current model looking like staying in place.
  • Release of (and the manner in what done) Jonas and Raylor.
  • Season ticket sales struggling.
  • Preseason tour to play third tier US teams (why couldn't we play MLS - top tier teams?)
  • No transfer movement whilst other clubs have already started making signings.

P.S scon & Moo - worried that the mighty Yellow and Black will end Freo's streak tonight? ;)

Is Carver giving Lyon a chop out in the box?

Is Carver giving Lyon a chop out in the box?

LOL! :D

Well Carlton are looking for a coach and he is afterall 'the best coach in the PL'. I'm sure Carlton would be thrilled to have a man of his talents at the helm. :)

LOL! :D

Well Carlton are looking for a coach and he is afterall 'the best coach in the PL'. I'm sure Carlton would be thrilled to have a man of his talents at the helm. :)

******* Carver

11407317_1653066658260704_6087214310403467013_n.jpg

Not fussed about Obertan, Gouffran or Williamson plus with Darlow coming in, Elliot isn't really needed...but Abeid?!? He's worth hanging onto IMO. Hopefully just a rumour...

Why would the club let Abeid go? I need some serious uplifting

Who honestly knows mate? He's still young, has shown quite a bit at PL level IMO (seems to be paying the price for his mistake in the Man Utd home game that led to their goal - seems to have been blacklisted ever since) and would be on lower wages than others like Tiote, Anita, Sissoko and Colback.

If it were to me, I'd try and sell Tiote - he's 28/29 I think, would be on big wages and has seemingly been itching for a move for a few seasons.

Love Shearer's banter on twitter!

Would be fantastic to get Austin - with Ings looking like he's Liverpool bound, if we want a young English striker, Austin is probably the best on the market. Berahino (West Brom) and Bamford (Chelsea) have also been linked in the past few days.

11391416_936368719740021_8867810968297634593_n.jpg

Some rumours that Micah Richards could be McClaren's first appointment if he gets the job - would be pretty happy with that. Think he would need to take a pay cut but can play RB or CB which would be handy.

Carver and Stone apparently sacked!

McClaren likely to be confirmed in the next 24 hours...and Lee Clark might join as assistant. Get in! Lee Clark would be a great addition to the back room staff.

I'm still a bit disappointed we apparently snubbed the chance to speak to De Boer and Laudrup but getting Clark alone would be a big step up from Carver. A manager with actual experience!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back