The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Search Florans mrs, she's friggin amazing

Saw a rather nice picture on facebook of her not wearing a whole lot but what little she had on was black and white. A good start!

I think I now understand why some in France criticised him for being inconsistent - seems he might have had some distractions in his life! :D

11863222_1004183872945990_3530444021911164081_n.jpg

Apologies you can see this pic from the moon boys but she's quite a sight ;)

leonardo-di-caprio-biting-his-own-fist.jpg

Surely all the Toon fans can chip in and buy Williamson off the club? :p

"But Newcastle are likely to bring in another centre-back if they can offload Mike Williamson before the window closes in 11 days.

United still like Aymen Abdennour of Monaco but the French club are holding out for £14million – a fee that a host of Italian clubs might be prepared to pay."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ws/newcastle-united-still-want-summer-9893847

What team do people want to see for the trip to Old Trafford this weekend?

I wouldn't mind this one myself.

---------------Krul----------
Mbemba--Taylor--Colo--Dummett (if fit)
----------Anita--Colback--------
Thauvin-----Wijnaldum----Aarons
------------Mitrovic-------------

Though I suspect Obertan will start and Haidara will be at LB if Dummett isn't fit in time.

I thought about Lascelles at RB with Mbemba at CB to combat Rooney's bustling style but that would leave Lascelles (in his debut for us) against Depay who was rampant in the CL earlier in the week...

Mitro should start as I feel like we will play defensive and he can hold up the ball better than Cisse. Thauvin and Aarons both have great pace and can cross and Wijnaldum can break forward too with his speed and forward runs.

Perez needs game time this weekend and De Jong too if he is fit.

Saw a worrying rumour that Taylor might be injured...leaving the door open for Williamson...if it came down to it, I'd rather take a chance on Lascelles than Williamson.

By the way, keep forgetting to mention. Arma is doing really well on loan at Coventry - 2 goals on debut, 2 on his second appearance for the club and followed up with another 1 (so has 5 in 3 games!).

Great for his development and confidence. Hope he can keep it up.

What team do people want to see for the trip to Old Trafford this weekend?

I wouldn't mind this one myself.

---------------Krul----------
Mbemba--Taylor--Colo--Dummett (if fit)
----------Anita--Colback--------
Thauvin-----Wijnaldum----Aarons
------------Mitrovic-------------

Though I suspect Obertan will start and Haidara will be at LB if Dummett isn't fit in time.

I thought about Lascelles at RB with Mbemba at CB to combat Rooney's bustling style but that would leave Lascelles (in his debut for us) against Depay who was rampant in the CL earlier in the week...

Mitro should start as I feel like we will play defensive and he can hold up the ball better than Cisse. Thauvin and Aarons both have great pace and can cross and Wijnaldum can break forward too with his speed and forward runs.

Perez needs game time this weekend and De Jong too if he is fit.

Saw a worrying rumour that Taylor might be injured...leaving the door open for Williamson...if it came down to it, I'd rather take a chance on Lascelles than Williamson.

Would rather avoid playing Taylor or Willo, so Mbemba stays CB with Anita playing RB.

-------------Krul-------------
Anita Mbemba Colo Haidara
-----Wijnaldum Colback-----
Thauvin-------------- Aarons
--------Perez Mitrovic--------

Perez just has to play.

Would rather avoid playing Taylor or Willo, so Mbemba stays CB with Anita playing RB.

-------------Krul-------------
Anita Mbemba Colo Haidara
-----Wijnaldum Colback-----
Thauvin-------------- Aarons
--------Perez Mitrovic--------

Perez just has to play.

That's a pretty decent team - I'm not 100% sold on Anita at RB but given his recent form, maybe he'll play with greater confidence and do better?

Perez hanging off Mitrovic (assuming he calms down a bit and isn't sent off lol) could be lethal.

By the way, I think Abeid has been sold to Panathinaikos. Bit of a shame, thought he had potential.

Seemed to never get a chance after that Man Utd game where his backpass to Krul led to the Man Utd winner.

That's a pretty decent team - I'm not 100% sold on Anita at RB but given his recent form, maybe he'll play with greater confidence and do better?

Perez hanging off Mitrovic (assuming he calms down a bit and isn't sent off lol) could be lethal.

Yeah Anita RB isn't ideal but better than Willo at CB! Gotta take some risks anyway, not going to be easy

Yeah Anita RB isn't ideal but better than Willo at CB! Gotta take some risks anyway, not going to be easy

True that - a few have suggested Lascelles can play RB. Probably unlikely but could be another option. Going to OT is never easy but they've won 2 PL games from only have 3 shots on target this season I think (and 1 was technically an own goal). They aren't in their best form just yet so if we come to play, we might have a chance of getting something.

True that - a few have suggested Lascelles can play RB. Probably unlikely but could be another option. Going to OT is never easy but they've won 2 PL games from only have 3 shots on target this season I think (and 1 was technically an own goal). They aren't in their best form just yet so if we come to play, we might have a chance of getting something.

I have a bad feeling we will get a touch up.

I have a bad feeling we will get a touch up.

Yeah...pretty likely haha.

Just glad the Tigs gave me something to enjoy this weekend! :D

Hopefully the Toon will give us both a reason to cheer tonight though mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had the same feeling about the Pies too lol.

Hope you enjoyed the game today Tiger...

To be fair, from what I saw, you guys didn't play badly - just some skill errors and mistakes that we (uncharacteristically) were clinical punishing.

Maybe the Toon will do the same tonight. Another 1-0 win wouldn't be too bad! ;)

To be fair, from what I saw, you guys didn't play badly - just some skill errors and mistakes that we (uncharacteristically) were clinical punishing.

Maybe the Toon will do the same tonight. Another 1-0 win wouldn't be too bad! ;)

Team is bereft of confidence after so many close losses. I think we put a lot into last week and are spent.

Up to the Toon tonight, looking forward to seeing what kind of a team he puts in to start.

Team is bereft of confidence after so many close losses. I think we put a lot into last week and are spent.

Up to the Toon tonight, looking forward to seeing what kind of a team he puts in to start.

Yeah that's probably understandable. I think I read somewhere that Pendlebury said it was the first game he didn't care for (or something like that) which maybe is how the players felt too?

You still over in Bali mate? Good to have the early game tonight.

Yeah that's probably understandable. I think I read somewhere that Pendlebury said it was the first game he didn't care for (or something like that) which maybe is how the players felt too?

You still over in Bali mate? Good to have the early game tonight.

Pendles said it was the first time he has played in a game that meant nothing - ie. we were not in finals contention. Which is true considering he has been in the team since 2006 and have played finals every year except last year (and this now), and were right in contention up until the end last year.
Poorly worded response made people think no one cared about the game.

Nah back this morning - didn't sleep on the plane so was too tired to go to the footy today - wise decision. Loving the early start too, not sure I would have had the stamina for a midnight game tonight!

Haha lucky we have the early game - means you can get off to bed sooner at least - maybe not too soon though if things go well! ;)

Solid team I guess. Hopefully Mitro and Perez tear it up! Hope we see Thauvin and Aarons getting plenty of minutes too!

11875226_1068093699867542_2465288330519985827_o.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back