The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Colback has been immense too helping out Mbemba. Would be good to have Jonas' work rate out their to help shield him.

Looking good though!

Wow... Is this defence the same newcastle defence we've always known?

Taylor has been brilliant
Colo turned back the clock
Haidaras attacks down the left have been brilliant
Mbemba has had a huge battle with Memphis and so far has taken the points

Colback solid, Anita is like Makelele in his heyday, a huge turn around from previous season. Perez just lacking some final Polish otherwise good half and Wiji is levels above DeJong on that CAM position. Mitro is a junior Costa, they look and play identical. The only let down has been Obertan, he is nigh on friggin useless. I'm looking forward to the obvious Thauvin for Obertan sub.

Huge 2nd half, confident we can pull one on the counter. ManYoos defence looks disjointed, they can't deal with Mitro, both Blind and Smalling are being saved by a weight of possession.

A lot to like with how we finished the half - creating some chances of our own and giving them cause to be wary. Our defence strengthened as the half drew on too which is encouraging.

Stevie said in the pre game to 'have a crack' and it seems we are. Hope we can keep it up in the second half!

P.S no card for Mitro so far is a bonus! :D

Impressed with Mitro's work rate. Has been dropping back helping the defence like a certain Carroll used to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great point all things considered. First clean sheet and a valuable point from a tough place to visit.

Plenty to like about that effort from the lads.

Arsenal at home next, doesn't get any easier but we can take some confidence and belief from this result. Maybe we'll have another CB by then but at worst, we regain Janmaat and Mbemba can shift back to CB. That being said, the back 4 and Krul were immense today.

I hope Florian starts against Arsenal, he looked good in patches in that 2nd half. From what watching him it looks like he is good at most aspects of the game, has good pace, good on the ball and has nice feet and lateral movement.. Didn't see much in regards to quality with his balls but we were pegged in our half in the 2nd half so it's to be expected. Reminds me of Eric Lamella, hopefully he will even be better.

Mitro looked great, he's going to cause havoc for some of the mid-lower table clubs.. And once he finds his feet he will be knocking them in every other game. Got a good one in him!

What did you boys think of the Mbemba vs Memphis duel? I give the point to Mbemba, it was an even 1st half but Mbemba really shut him out in the 2nd.

I hope Florian starts against Arsenal, he looked good in patches in that 2nd half. From what watching him it looks like he is good at most aspects of the game, has good pace, good on the ball and has nice feet and lateral movement.. Didn't see much in regards to quality with his balls but we were pegged in our half in the 2nd half so it's to be expected. Reminds me of Eric Lamella, hopefully he will even be better.

A couple of times he tried to cut back in on his left instead of continuing to go down the line on his right, causing a turnover. Was a little frustrating to watch. But he looked good overall, definitely an upgrade on Obertan!

What did you boys think of the Mbemba vs Memphis duel? I give the point to Mbemba, it was an even 1st half but Mbemba really shut him out in the 2nd.

Memphis had a couple of chances but overall Mbemba destroyed him.

A couple of times he tried to cut back in on his left instead of continuing to go down the line on his right, causing a turnover. Was a little frustrating to watch. But he looked good overall, definitely an upgrade on Obertan!

Memphis had a couple of chances but overall Mbemba destroyed him.

I reckon both Mitro and Florian will take time to adjust to the physicality, both boys seemed frustrated at the pushing/shoving and non-calls from the ref especially Mitro. You can tell the difference between Obertan and Thauvin in that 25 min he played.

Yeah Mbemba did extremely well, looked really confortable at Full back and that's a position he says he's barely played. I still think Mbemba will be more suited as a Centre back as his Strength and athleticism will really suit duels with guys like Costa/Kane/Benteke.

Mbemba definitely took the points. Even more impressive when you consider he was playing in an unpreferred positon and with minimal cover from Obertan.

11949444_1634014153549786_2151182239373158971_n.jpg

Mbemba definitely took the points. Even more impressive when you consider he was playing in an unpreferred positon and with minimal cover from Obertan.

11949444_1634014153549786_2151182239373158971_n.jpg

Did you say minimal cover? Obertan is a ruddy slacking girls dick! Chancel was left with a paddock at least a dozen times and I think he got beaten once convingcly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back