The top 5 players in the Afl in 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

The top 5 players by year 2020 will be.
1. Tom Boyd
2. Jack Macrae
3. Marcus Bontempelli
4. Jake Stringer
5. Chad Wingard
I have been fair and haven't been biased at all so just wondering what everyone else thinks? And if anyone wants to be biased please don't post as this is a serouis discussion.

I think you need to fit more Bulldogs players in that list.

Bontempelli didn't even win the Rising Star award... Not even the best in his draft year...

Rising star isn't based on potential - pretty much every non Lions fan can see Bonts ceiling is higher.

Bonts also smashed Taylor in the players best first year player award

Vic bias is strong in the AFL... Heck probably half the posters on here havn't even heard of Simon Black

I think you will find in this thread the most commonly mentioned players are from GWS and Gold Coast / the most commonly mentioned players are probably Fyfe and Wingard

The correct answer is 22-26 year olds who are guns now and take their games to another level in the coming seasons, or current guns who haven't slowed down - not the 18-20 year olds everyone is listing.

How many under 25's are in the current top 5? only 1 (Fyfe). Most of the current top 5 (and top 10) are 26+ - Unlikely that in 2020 everyone in the top 5 will all be early-mid 20's. Bet a decent handful of the kids being listed here won't even kick on or will stagnate into role players, or become flashy but frustratingly inconsistent players.

The correct answer is 22-26 year olds who are guns now and take their games to another level in the coming seasons, or current guns who haven't slowed down - not the 18-20 year olds everyone is listing.

How many under 25's are in the current top 5? only 1 (Fyfe). Most of the current top 5 (and top 10) are 26+ - Unlikely that in 2020 everyone in the top 5 will all be early-mid 20's. Bet a decent handful of the kids being listed here won't even kick on or will stagnate into role players, or become flashy but frustratingly inconsistent players.

Hence my above post:

It will be five players born between January 1, 1991 and December 31, 1995.

Blokes born in that range will be smack bang in their primes (ages 25-29) in 2020.

Rising star isn't based on potential - pretty much every non Lions fan can see Bonts ceiling is higher.

Bonts also smashed Taylor in the players best first year player award
Last year Taylor didn't have a pre-season, didn't play nab challenge, just walked straight into the Round 1 team. This year we will see his ceiling and will be able to compare it accurately to Bontempelli who has also had a full pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Swans academy player
2. Swans academy player
3. Swans academy player
4. Swans academy player
5. Swans academy player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back