Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duffield - Why not if we can get suitable compensation? Sutcliffe can play his role. I'd prefer Sutty to play on the wing, and to leave Duff down back... rather than to switch them around. Sutty is a future wingman/roll-back HBF for mine. We need run, discipline and good disposal in our midfield pretty badly. Duff has his issues but lets us run Sutty in up higher.
Why not trade Crowley if there is some interest? I don't think there would be. Offering someone up for trade without them being happy with it isn't a good look. You want there to be some currency before you chanced burning someone that'd still be there next year
Put Duffield and Crowley on the table and see what comes our way.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It's a bad look for other blokes at the club that're tossing up whether to have faith in the club to stick with them, or to jump ship for somewhere better. Duffield, I wouldn't agree with... but could understand him being put up for trade. Crowls... just so much more likely to be destructive than to result in any kind of improvement.
Tom Mitchell played at Claremont - he is not a stranger to WA and wants more opportunity.
An opportunity at a club which is in contention and a state in which he has previously lived might be attractive to him. Fair enough. Still reckon he'd be more interested in a move back to Melbourne. A lot of teams there would be interested.
Garlett is capable of kicking 40+ goals: 2010: 39 goals; 2011: 48 goals; 2012: 29 goals; 2013: 43 goals
I do not think Crozier or Duffy can produce 40+ goals at this stage. True. But Sonny and Balla can. And with guys like Crozier feeding them the ball it'd be an easier job... particularly as it'd let Crozier continue to develop, and add to our midfield pace and use.
We need to maintain our defence and increase our offence.
Frawley can help maintain the defence in the absence of Luke McP. All makes sense
Waite and Garlett can increase our offence. True. Waite makes particular sense. But if Garlett bumps Croz down to the WAFL then we could easily miss out on a player that's worth more in the longer term, and who'll be a solid short term contributor.
Finals is all about contested footy.
T Mitchell can add some more contested footy to our team.

If we are going to win a premiership (and that's what this is all about), we need to make a few changes definitely agree. Key positions like you say... and another mid that can find the ball and use it well, rather than another FF/FP wuld be handy.

Those blokes all excelled at WAFL, SAFL and VFL level, this lad had only played 1 League game I think.

That bloke just beat out all other contenders, so he's obviously not some backyard footy hero.

I haven't even watched the show, but I'm not dumb enough to suggest he won't make it.

Different paths some take.

Manson is a good footballer by all reports but didn't want to leave his community. Other than him I just assumed the whole thing was just a reality TV gimmick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wants to go, let him.

We need to improve our attacking stocks. Someone who can kick over a jam jar would be helpful

Agree, Crozier, Duffy and Sheridan are all upgrades on him. I think Simpson and Morabito would be an upgrade on him as well if they have a good preseason.

I believe if required Duffy and Crozier can lock down on a half back flank almost as well but are a much greater offensive threat.

I am proud of the club that we find players that are no longer required and trade them while they still have value.

Peake, Broughton, Drum, Palmer and now de Boer have all be traded out in slightly different situations but with 20/20 hindsight we have got the better of each trade.

3 way

Adelaide lose Danger
Melbourne lose Hogan and pick 3, pick 19
Freo lose Neale, Griffen,pick 14

Adelaide gain Griffen, Neale, pick 3, pick 19
Melbourne gain Danger
Freo gain Hogan

One can dare to dream......

3 way

Adelaide lose Danger
Melbourne lose Hogan and pick 3, pick 19
Freo lose Neale, Griffen,pick 14

Adelaide gain Griffen, Neale, pick 3, pick 19
Melbourne gain Danger
Freo gain Hogan

One can dare to dream......
There is no way in the world I want to lose Neale. If he can get fitter, we will see performances like the first quarter of the SF stretched over an entire game.! WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back