Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not exactly disappointed about this.

Getting in somebody older than 30 would've looked catastrophic in the eyes of the AFL community after he played all of about 8 games for us in 2015 and failed to connect with the clubs gameplan and team defence.
Would have taken him if he came to freo, but don't care that he is not.

I'm not exactly disappointed about this.

Getting in somebody older than 30 would've looked catastrophic in the eyes of the AFL community after he played all of about 8 games for us in 2015 and failed to connect with the clubs gameplan and team defence.

I wonder if this makes Aaron Black more gettable ??

Imagine the pace, with Ballantyne and Garlett in the same forward line and the lift in class with Walters in the midfield.
Yep, we have the extra midfield depth we need already on our list.

Just need to recruit Garlett or similar, to release Walters, and maybe Clem Smith, to release Sutcliffe..

Here's Sutcliffe's draft profile from 2011:

ck 71 - Cam Sutcliffe - 19yrs, 187cm - Cam has been playing for Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL. He played 9 League and 12 reserves games this year. He is very balanced running midfielder with exceptional work rate. He reads the game very well and is very good at stoppages with his hands. His spread from stoppages is exceptional. He is a terrific character and the hardest trainer at the Eagles. Cam averaged 19.6 disposals a game at SANFL Reserves level. Cam tested exceptionally across the board at the state combine: 81 Running VJ. 3.02 20m time. 8.11 Agility. 24.63 repeat sprint and a 15.3 beep.

I wonder if this makes Aaron Black more gettable ??

Whether Black is the right fit or even gettable, reverting to a "realistic" Trade to immediately fill the holes might have to be the approach this year. It is obvious that other than the pitch for Frawley, free agency opportunities look increasingly exhausted this year so now it's about giving up something to get something.

Bondy has always been reluctant to trade early picks and if he remains so this year, it's going to be about horse trading where we believe we have surplus requirements in the players' stocks. I don't think there is enough trade value in an MDB, Suban or Clancee if we're chasing immediate & ready made key position players for the spine. Beyond that for me, we get into the untouchables if we go searching for value so I'm stumped. I'm glad it's Bond & Co and not use having to work this one out.

In the meantime, Messrs Taberner, Apeness, Smith and A.Pearce eat healthy, pump loads of weights and head down the park lots to kick the ball around.

3 way

Adelaide lose Danger
Melbourne lose Hogan and pick 3, pick 19
Freo lose Neale, Griffen,pick 14

Adelaide gain Griffen, Neale, pick 3, pick 19
Melbourne gain Danger
Freo gain Hogan

One can dare to dream......

Hahahahaha
So Melb loses Hogan (they gave up pick 3) + pick 3 and 19?? theyll be racing to sign that off
Dangerfield is not worth 3, 19, neale and griffen
3 and 19 at absolute best
Carlton got Judd for less after a flag and bronlow

Imagine the pace, with Ballantyne and Garlett in the same forward line and the lift in class with Walters in the midfield.

Can he play as a back pocket, if so I would be very interested.

I would like to see Duffy get first shot at the forward pocket should there be space for Walters, Ballas and 1 other in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can he play as a back pocket, if so I would be very interested.

I would like to see Duffy get first shot at the forward pocket should there be space for Walters, Ballas and 1 other in the team.
Doubt he can play back pocket as he couldn't get a game for Carlton because of his lack of defensive pressure in the forward line. Fair comment about Duffy. i guess we just like the fact that Garlett has runs on the board, Duffy we are making judgments on based on one AFL game. it was a good one though.

Doubt he can play back pocket as he couldn't get a game for Carlton because of his lack of defensive pressure in the forward line. Fair comment about Duffy. i guess we just like the fact that Garlett has runs on the board, Duffy we are making judgments on based on one AFL game. it was a good one though.

lack of defensive pressure, couldnt get a game at Carlton, that is a no from me then.

3 way

Adelaide lose Danger
Melbourne lose Hogan and pick 3, pick 19
Freo lose Neale, Griffen,pick 14

Adelaide gain Griffen, Neale, pick 3, pick 19
Melbourne gain Danger
Freo gain Hogan

One can dare to dream......
Do you hate Melbourne? Looks like it from that setup.

Didn't Garlett just nominate Collingwood as his preferred club or is that just a rumour? Ross said he wanted Walters in the midfield next year so it would be a good fit for us except for his personal issues.

Frankly I'd rather see Duffy or Simpson in the forward pocket than Garlett - nothing against Garlett, he's an exciting player to watch and has pace we genuinely need... but I don't want our eyes to be bigger than our stomach here.

If you draft guys like Garlett and retain guys like Sylvia then younger guys like Duffy start to get itchy feet (I'm convinced that the only reason we stand a chance of keeping Croz over the medium term is that Sylvia was a bust and didn't do enough to win game time).

Guys like Croz and Duffy are future stars and are wasted at Peel. They hang around because they know they are second in line. Start having other players like Garlett cut in front of them with two and three year contracts in pursuit of short-term glory, and it's both a potential slap in the face for them, and a real good reason to seek a trade elsewhere. (I REALLY don't want Duffy or Croz following Mellington's lead frankly).

Loyalty to your team goes both ways - why should the young guys show us loyalty, if they don't get any trust in their potential, or enough opportunities to display it?

Only one or two key signings to bolster our specific KPP shortages please. We've got some bloody good talent waiting in the wings, and personally I think most of them are bloody close to surprising us all.

Last edited:
Black isn't what we want, he is playing as a third tall type at North. We need a genuine clunker of the footy. If Waite news is true then we need to lock frawley in or it will be the same as the last two years where we had a go and have to settle for a free agent of the sylvia ilk..

I totally understand the love for Neale. He is one of my favourite players. I think we have the depth to cover him. Yes he gets a heap of possessions, but I think he is a benefactor of the Des Hedland @ brissy scenario. Our mids are Fyfe, Mundy,Barlow, Hill - all cop the tag and Neale runs free. Brissy had Voss, Black, Aker, Power - Des was free to go.

We want a power forward. Hogan although unproven at Afl, should be a winner.
Neale - one of my favourites. Cost us draft pick 58.

Buy low, sell high.

Griffen will most likely return to SA one way or another.

As I said will never happen but that's what this time of year throws up !

Trade Lachie???

Well you got the 'throws up' part right at least...

(;):p)

Black isn't what we want, he is playing as a third tall type at North. We need a genuine clunker of the footy. If Waite news is true then we need to lock frawley in or it will be the same as the last two years where we had a go and have to settle for a free agent of the sylvia ilk..
Are you on the wrong board, or did you lose a bet?

Last edited:
I totally understand the love for Neale. He is one of my favourite players. I think we have the depth to cover him. Yes he gets a heap of possessions, but I think he is a benefactor of the Des Hedland @ brissy scenario. Our mids are Fyfe, Mundy,Barlow, Hill - all cop the tag and Neale runs free. Brissy had Voss, Black, Aker, Power - Des was free to go.

No doubt Des was an outside player. But Lachie is 'in and under'. Scraps it out, gets his own ball and feeds it out to the modern day equivalents of Des (e.g. Danyle Pearce). Need both types.

I'm seeing Lachie as a Sam Mitchell in the making which may be a big call but let's see how he goes. He's 21 years old and played 46 games. One of our young blokes within the 0-50 games range who is the future but having an impact right now. Untouchable to me.

He was a frontrunner in the forward line, I would absolutely agree and see him as only good when the rest of the side is. But seriously, he is much better (and younger, and West Australian) than Pearce. Deployable at half back, either flank, and anywhere in the forward line
I'd only pick him up if he can turn himself into either a Chris Yarran or Jamie Bennell type player. We have enough depth in the small forward position as it is.

Last edited:
Frankly I'd rather see Duffy or Simpson in the forward pocket than Garlett - nothing against Garlett, he's an exciting player to watch and has pace we genuinely need... but I don't want our eyes to be bigger than our stomach here.

If you draft guys like Garlett and retain guys like Sylvia then younger guys like Duffy start to get itchy feet (I'm convinced that the only reason we stand a chance of keeping Croz over the medium term is that Sylvia was a bust and didn't do enough to win game time).

Guys like Croz and Duffy are future stars and are wasted at Peel. They hang around because they know they are second in line. Start having other players like Garlett cut in front of them with two and three year contracts in pursuit of short-term glory, and it's both a potential slap in the face for them, and a real good reason to seek a trade elsewhere. (I REALLY don't want Duffy or Croz following Mellington's lead frankly).

Loyalty to your team goes both ways - why should the young guys show us loyalty, if they don't get any trust in their potential, or enough opportunities to display it?

Only one or two key signings to bolster our specific KPP shortages please. We've got some bloody good talent waiting in the wings, and personally I think most of them are bloody close to surprising us all.

Fair comments, but there are two Fremantle's the one in the premiership window and the one for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back