The Travel Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

wow they are some amazing pics, I am also into my travel and photography (nothing compared to the ones you take though). Am about to head to South America, so need to relearn all the tricks of the trade.

wow they are some amazing pics, I am also into my travel and photography (nothing compared to the ones you take though). Am about to head to South America, so need to relearn all the tricks of the trade.
Be sure to send a postcard to the 'postcards from' thread (also in the magpie nest)

Have a great trip

Inspired by the postcards thread.... I did a quick search and couldn't find anything similar on here. Travel and photography are two of my biggest passions. Lucky for me the two go hand-in-hand somewhat. My career is merely a means for me to finance these passions and ensure that I can go overseas as least once every year, but I'm somewhat settled in Melbourne with a house and serious girlfriend so I can't travel for as long as I'd like each time. Fingers crossed I can get a photography career started to make me a bit happier!

I'm hoping everyone can share their favourite travel experiences or favourite places in the world, or outline anything they have in the works for the near future.

I'm lucky enough to have been to a fair few places so far in my life (I won't list the number of place to avoid sounding like the MKR woman) - undoubtedly others have been to more though! Unfortunately I've only been into photography for the last couple of years so I haven't been able cover many of them here, but here are some photos from some of my favourite places (I am also shamelessly plugging my new website with the watermarks that I could be bothered putting on on some of them):

Pienza, Italy.
7s4o.jpg

Positano, Italy.
oxdg.jpg

Kotor, Montenegro
rp4c.jpg

Jodhpur, India
nc0j.jpg

Bagan, Myanmar
rsd2q.jpg

Venice, Italy
d7yi.jpg

Varanasi, India
k94l.jpg

Folegandros, Greece
m63s.jpg

Varanasi, India
cxz7.jpg

Dubrovnik, Croatia
hdgs.jpg

Sarajevo, Bosnia
hnqv.jpg

Dubrovnik, Croatia
5lsh.jpg

Jaisalmer, India
0rj6.jpg

Keralan Backwaters, India
ojve.jpg

Athens, Greece
vu2l.jpg

Istanbul, Turkey
7f8w.jpg

Rome, Italy
1tgl.jpg

Agra, India
spgn.jpg

Rome, Italy
z8ch.jpg

As for future plans, in July my girlfriend and I will be going to Namibia, Tanzania and South Africa for around 5 weeks (and Kenya briefly). I've arranged some extensive self-driving / camping in the Namibian wilderness, a private camping safari in Tanzania during the migration, and a week or so along the western cape in SA.

Please feel free to share... I love hearing stories and getting ideas from the experiences of others!

Ahh!!! Two passions -one life time
Collingwood -Travel Travel -Collingwood
Your photo,s are inspirational!!
Africa your next adventure which is my absolute fav continent
Watched the 2010 GF in Lusaka , Zambia with a cold one at 8am in the morning

Ahh!!! Two passions -one life time
Collingwood -Travel Travel -Collingwood
Your photo,s are inspirational!!
Africa your next adventure which is my absolute fav continent
Watched the 2010 GF in Lusaka , Zambia with a cold one at 8am in the morning
agree on Africa, amazing place.
I watched the 2012GF at a bar in Paris. beer at 6am and Collingwood jumpers outnumbered Hawks and Swans fans.
The Americans I spent the day with, where a bit confused when strangers came up to me on the streets of Paris and gave me a bear hug cose I was wearing a Collingwood jumper, It must be said I also coped a bit of tongue in cheek abuse as well. :)

agree on Africa, amazing place.
I watched the 2012GF at a bar in Paris. beer at 6am and Collingwood jumpers outnumbered Hawks and Swans fans.
The Americans I spent the day with, where a bit confused when strangers came up to me on the streets of Paris and gave me a bear hug cose I was wearing a Collingwood jumper, It must be said I also coped a bit of tongue in cheek abuse as well. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost impossible it is!!!
On a three month journey from Sth Africa to Uganda evey day was special but some more so.
A micro lite flight over Mosi-oa-Tunya (Vicroria Falls)
And four days on the Serengeti.
Heard some where of white residents who left say Africa gets into your blood --never gave that much thought till I went there but it is soooooooh true
Go back in a heart beat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back