Certified Legendary Thread Jack Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Never said he requested it. It's quite clear though he was happy to leave us for a fresh start. My opinion, cut our losses.

Except the whole reluctant to go thing.

James Hird had some pretty career threatening foot injuries, he came back pretty well.

Trengove is still young, no reason he can't do the same thing.

Never said he requested it. It's quite clear though he was happy to leave us for a fresh start. My opinion, cut our losses.

I don't doubt he was looking forward to going to Richmond, he's a positive guy - I'm sure he would have been shattered that we were looking to trade him, but once it became clear that was going to happen he's not the kind to sulk.

I don't doubt he was looking forward to going to Richmond, he's a positive guy - I'm sure he would have been shattered that we were looking to trade him, but once it became clear that was going to happen he's not the kind to sulk.

Besides, It wouldnt be hard to be convinced to play for the tigers
Get to sing that song, Big MCG elimination final crowds , Being the worst and Best team in the same season etc

Trenners is looking to take a positive out of missing 24 months of footy, im sure he would happily have taken up a challenge at a new place

According to what I've read and heard (Sen & trade radio), tigers enquired, Jack was keen for the move, test bummed out, he stays. I'm interested to know what the time frame of him checking out tigerland as opposed to when the club released the info was. I don't doubt part of him would be bummed to go, he wouldn't be playing with his mates etc... But that certainly doesn't mean he doesn't want a fresh start somewhere else. All I am saying is that if what Richmond are saying (he was keen to move), is true, then it's time to cut our losses either way. Why pay a guy that won't get on the park due to injury and/or wants out? I'll also state, I want him to stay, but only if he wants to play for the jumper, and can get his body right.

According to what I've read and heard (Sen & trade radio), tigers enquired, Jack was keen for the move, test bummed out, he stays. I'm interested to know what the time frame of him checking out tigerland as opposed to when the club released the info was. I don't doubt part of him would be bummed to go, he wouldn't be playing with his mates etc... But that certainly doesn't mean he doesn't want a fresh start somewhere else. All I am saying is that if what Richmond are saying (he was keen to move), is true, then it's time to cut our losses either way. Why pay a guy that won't get on the park and wants out?

I'll repeat:

- Reports are he was reluctant to go.
- James Hird came back pretty well from some career threatening foot injuries and Trengove is young, there's no reason to cut him.

I'll repeat:

- Reports are he was reluctant to go.
- James Hird came back pretty well from some career threatening foot injuries and Trengove is young, there's no reason to cut him.
Reports from tigerland are:
-that he was keen on a fresh start

Also, Jack trengove isn't James Turd. Healing is different with everyone. I've had a broken rib for 4 weeks now, after getting a bone scan recently, they reckon another 6 weeks. It shouldn't take that long, but it is. AND ITS ONLY THE BOTTOM FLOATING RIB!!! grrr

Also, Jack trengove isn't James Turd. Healing is different with everyone. I've had a broken rib for 4 weeks now, after getting a bone scan recently, they reckon another 6 weeks. It shouldn't take that long, but it is. AND ITS ONLY THE BOTTOM FLOATING RIB!!! grrr
Why would Richmond possibly admit that someone would rather stay at Melbourne of all places than go to them.

Oh so Richmond said that a player that they were interested in was keen on a fresh despite it being reported no where else? It's been reported a lot more that he was reluctant to go, so why believe Richmond?

I didn't say healing was the same for everyone, I said that James Hird came back from it so it's entirely possible that Trengove does.

Spin. Either from Richmond or the Dees. I'm sceptical of what's said these days. And its to the point where we can't baby players anymore, they either perform or go.

How long do you guys give Jack? he's already been practically useless for 2years, do we keep paying him in the hopes he may get better even though he's fractured the navicular twice now?

Spin. Either from Richmond or the Dees. I'm sceptical of what's said these days. And its to the point where we can't baby players anymore, they either perform or go.

How long do you guys give Jack? he's already been practically useless for 2years, do we keep paying him in the hopes he may get better even though he's fractured the navicular twice now?

2016. He's contracted til then. If he can't get on the park then he's done.

When you say practically useless you do understand that he was probably still our second or third highest ball winning mid, right? And almost definitely the #1 tackler. He just couldn't run, given a broken foot among other things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm no Trengove fanboy by anty stretch but your line of thinking today has been 100% insane and not in a fun and entertaining way. Guy who's had the weight of the world on his shoulders and copped the wrong end of every possible pineapple gets offered off to another club, reluctantly meets with them and accepts his fate and moves on, only to fail the medical. That's about it.

i'm no Trengove fanboy by anty stretch but your line of thinking today has been 100% insane and not in a fun and entertaining way. Guy who's had the weight of the world on his shoulders and copped the wrong end of every possible pineapple gets offered off to another club, reluctantly meets with them and accepts his fate and moves on, only to fail the medical. That's about it.

He wasn't offered, they came to us.

It would seem some hearts are getting in the way and That's fine if that's the case, I'm guilty of that too, but I'm sick of hanging on to guys that sit around and don't do anything (Strauss) and I don't want it to get to that.
We need performers, we need them now, no list cloggers.

Yup I was all for trading him but now that he is ours still how you could be any less than %100 behind him astounds me

Bloke would run over coals for Melbourne and we owe it to him to give him another chance

Well actually, I owe him nothing, he's been on a good salary for a few years now, and has been holidaying instead of doing his job whilst being paid. As a club, we owe him nothing, as supporters, even less.

And the fact that you have to start using names because I have a different view to you is pathetic and you need to grow up.
Nope I've merely described your behaviour. You've kicked a great kid while he's down, it's a turd act.

Well actually, I owe him nothing, he's been on a good salary for a few years now, and has been holidaying instead of doing his job whilst being paid. As a club, we owe him nothing, as supporters, even less.

Staggering mate

He is sitting on the sidelines because we didn't get him treated properly and we tried to work him too hard to get back

If we were to cut someone on the back of an injury that would be the end of our chances of ever keeping players

Nope I've merely described your behaviour. You've kicked a great kid while he's down, it's a turd act.
No, I've 're-iterated what OX said on Sen. Deal with it, stop calling people names when they something you don't agree with and grow up. Also, go back and read forum rules. Name calling is a breach.

'Holidaying'

What are you on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back