The Turtle is set to go around for another year

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mick disagrees; Brock has played 15 games this season.

We've lost Scotland, Bootsma, Duigan. Assuming Lucas, Garlett, Robinson and Watson are put up for trade, that's 7 vacancies before we even think of delisting Cachia, Temay or McInnes.

There will be cuts. They'll start first with players who aren't getting senior action.
Have you seen our injury list and "wins" column?

Have you seen our injury list and "wins" column?

Can you imagine how much worse our results would be if we had to rely on Homan playing 15 games this season?

Not bagging the kid, just pointing out how much of a toll it takes on young under-prepared bodies who are not already in the elite category when drafted.

Consider Scotland, Bootsma, Duigan, Robinson?, Garlett?, Waite?,Lucas, Watson, Warnock, Temay, McInnes, Armfield, Ellard, and Cachia, all these players, though some still contracted, we may get rid of 9-10. I think McLean on a yearly basis on a fair pay would help us with development and also has a football brain if he does have to play AFL. Of course I would like to see Cripps play ahead of him in the midfield as well as resting as a tall forward pocket would be handy.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread was the scene from Breaking Bad where the cartel put the severed head onto the back of the Tortoise. Can I pls post it mods ??? hehe

Maybe, just maybe, since we started so s**t our MC and coach have changed their view from that start of the year on who is and isn't best 22.

Yet as Azul has tried to point out, Brock has only missed games due to injuries himself... So uh, nope, it'd appear they still think he is best 22.

We are low on midfield rotations as it is. Still a place on the list for Brock for reasonable pay. Don't think the youngsters are ready just yet.

Btw, i don't particularly think guys like Curnow, Bell and Robinson are that slow. Curnow actually has quite good pace and Robbo can do some repeat bursts. Even Carrazzo isn't THAT slow, he's quick enough to keep up with the guys he tags.

But definitely think we need an injection of some real speed in our midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And lost 2/3 of matches Brock has played in. :confused:

So Brock isn't the deciding factor in winning or losing then, so shouldn't be scapegoated as such.

In a squad of 44 players, McLean still has a role to play even if he were the 34th best contributor (as you maintain), while we recruit up to 10 new players this offseason.

So Brock isn't the deciding factor in winning or losing then, so shouldn't be scapegoated as such.
If you could stop putting words in my mouth, that would be great.

Have not blamed Brock for our losses nor scapegoated him.

I don't believe he is best 22 and I think it is a waste of a spot on our list keeping him beyond this year.

Happy to be proven wrong by his perfomance in 2015 if he is with Carlton, but come this time next year, I sincerely doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back