The Umpire Bashing Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know the umpires pulling on the Geelong guernsey was only part of the problem, but that was truly one of the most atrocious umpiring efforts that I have seen that genuinely impacted the game.

Harvey Part 1 - the head high shepherd. I call bullshit. Happens dozens of times in a game.
Harvey Part 2 - the shoulder massage. &*%^ me dead.
Daw - neck massage (see Harvey Part 2)
Thompson/Hawkins disputed mark = Hawkins mark - yeah, nah.
Greenwood out on the full - the thigh bone's connected to the ankle bone.
Greenwood dragged down by Bartel after mark - don't give 50s against golden boys.
Swallow dropped after hit on Selwood - reversal every day of the week, except today.

We still didn't deserve to win, but I would say there were 3-5 goals in this lot, which would stand up pretty high on the list of umpires affecting outcomes of games.

Note: Love LT as a footballer and North man, but that dive was a shocker.

I was saying tonight that Lyns dive was probably fair enough in his mind because the contact was there, and prob put him out of the contest and if he didn't make it look worse, it just wouldn't get paid, so why not? He still gets punished for his earlier diving days,mans never gets paid a free so he has to go to these lengths to get what he deserves sometimes.

Not blaming the umps for losing, but that was some serious bullshit. Geelong bloke sitting next to me couldnt believe what he had just seen on the second Harvey descision, a push with too much force? Wowee. The longer it goes on, the more fans will walk away. Up to the monkeys running the joint if they want to do anything about it.

The worst one for me was one that was not paid. During that shocking 2nd qtr run, I could swear that Bartel did a blind turn around someone & then got tackled by another player. The result was a ball up. If a blind turn isn't prior opportunity, then nothing is!

Sad that the media will continue to bash LT but Joel Selwood is a champion of the game with his 200 something ducks...Id like to see the Selwood familys total number of high free kicks!
Selwood is overrated. If he was umpired under the same rules as everyone else he would be average at best. They always blow the whistle to give the ducking piece of s**t an easy possession. I would love to see his possession tally if you removed his free kick count.

Sad that the media will continue to bash LT but Joel Selwood is a champion of the game with his 200 something ducks...Id like to see the Selwood familys total number of high free kicks!
Yep 260. Next highest Adam Selwood with 140. Nah it's alright Selwood is just clever. He burrows more than a gopher

The worst one for me was one that was not paid. During that shocking 2nd qtr run, I could swear that Bartel did a blind turn around someone & then got tackled by another player. The result was a ball up. If a blind turn isn't prior opportunity, then nothing is!
I think it was Motlop? Bartel was the golden child that brought Greenwood to ground when he clearly wasn't in the marking contest. Any idiot could see that it was 50, except for the three green maggots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpire s**t Farmer was quite adamant that the most minor of contact by Majak on a Cats player was worth 50 and a certain goal as a result.
Which would be fine if he paid the 50 against Kelly for shoving LT's head into the turf well after a free kick was paid.
I would assume that contact to the head would have to be high, apparently it is only high sometimes.
Worst 10 minutes of umpiring you could ever see.
Selwood and Johnson got into their heads, and we got bent over.

People carrying on about Lindsay must forget that we played against a team with the biggest ducker of any player ever to lace up a pair of football boots and one of the biggest divers aswell in Steve Johnson. His dive after a slight push from Thompson was worse than what Lindsay did. It was a free kick for hands in the back anyway but people will ignore that.

And your point about the Hawkins mark was that they missed Hawkins making contact over Thompsons shoulder before hand.

And Guthrie was practically hugging Cunnington at one centre bounce for about 5 metres late in the 3rd quarter and nothing.

And the fistful of jumper that Bartel had on Hansen that went unnoticed and uncalled.

I know the umpires pulling on the Geelong guernsey was only part of the problem, but that was truly one of the most atrocious umpiring efforts that I have seen that genuinely impacted the game.

Harvey Part 1 - the head high shepherd. I call bullshit. Happens dozens of times in a game.
Harvey Part 2 - the shoulder massage. &*%^ me dead.
Daw - neck massage (see Harvey Part 2)
Thompson/Hawkins disputed mark = Hawkins mark - yeah, nah.
Greenwood out on the full - the thigh bone's connected to the ankle bone.
Greenwood dragged down by Bartel after mark - don't give 50s against golden boys.
Swallow dropped after hit on Selwood - reversal every day of the week, except today.

We still didn't deserve to win, but I would say there were 3-5 goals in this lot, which would stand up pretty high on the list of umpires affecting outcomes of games.

Note: Love LT as a footballer and North man, but that dive was a shocker.
100% correct. Throw in the Goldy shepherd in the ruck during the mad 10 minutes too...

I think it was Motlop? Bartel was the golden child that brought Greenwood to ground when he clearly wasn't in the marking contest. Any idiot could see that it was 50, except for the three green maggots.

He was right it was Bartel and it was a great tackle by Jacobs that went unrewarded.

Umpire s**t Farmer was quite adamant that the most minor of contact by Majak on a Cats player was worth 50 and a certain goal as a result.
Which would be fine if he paid the 50 against Kelly for shoving LT's head into the turf well after a free kick was paid.
I would assume that contact to the head would have to be high, apparently it is only high sometimes.
Worst 10 minutes of umpiring you could ever see.
Selwood and Johnson got into their heads, and we got bent over.
It was right in front of me. Farmer said nothing in it when Kelly shoved his head into the ground. He clearly was cheating tonight. If we had balls we should be asking for a please explain, because something clearly stunk tonight when one umpire is making atrocious calls all one way.

If Brad had a pair he should out the ******* cheat and cop his fine. It's meant to be a professional sport not amateur hour. The umpire was of a worse standard than local footy.

People carrying on about Lindsay must forget that we played against a team with the biggest ducker of any player ever to lace up a pair of football boots and one of the biggest divers aswell in Steve Johnson. His dive after a slight push from Thompson was worse than what Lindsay did. It was a free kick for hands in the back anyway but people will ignore that.

And your point about the Hawkins mark was that they missed Hawkins making contact over Thompsons shoulder before hand.

And Guthrie was practically hugging Cunnington at one centre bounce for about 5 metres late in the 3rd quarter and nothing.

And the fistful of jumper that Bartel had on Hansen that went unnoticed and uncalled.

Yep said the same thing to a mate. If it was the other way around it would have been over the shoulder.

Also Christensen's high contact in the first quarter. He gets caught in a good tackle and slung into a North player = free kick and a shot at goal. What the * are you supposed to do? Dive out of the way???

Did I hear Chris Scott during his press conference referring to someone "being mischievous" with regards to comments made about the umpiring tonight? If so, was it a comment that Brad made, or someone else?

Geelong got the run of the green tonight. North player even had a free paid against him for kicking the ball out of bounds, replay shows the ball come off his thigh. Caddy got the free and kicked the goal. Luke Farmer No 4 - he was forceful in the way he paid free against the Boomer.

Geelong got the run of the green tonight. North player even had a free paid against him for kicking the ball out of bounds, replay shows the ball come off his thigh. Caddy got the free and kicked the goal. Luke Farmer No 4 - he was forceful in the way he paid free against the Boomer.
People 20 rows back could see it was off his thigh, but the idiots close to the action couldn't see it. How can all of them get that so horribly wrong? I smell a cheating bunch of turds!

The umpiring is irrelevant when you get beaten by a better side.
It's not irrelevant when it hands a side the momentum. In fact it was virtually handing them the game.

I find it very difficult to believe that Geelong would have got within 40 points if the reverse happened to them, that's how much influence that prick Farmer had tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back