The Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but once they turn off, they're no longer supporting right?

Not really true... think of it as supporting from a far. SA is full of these types with the crows and power... the amount of people that know very little about their own teams down here is staggering, to the point Ill inform them about their clubs. Port had heaps who "turned off" in recent years. By that they were still supporters, but just not as active in taking an interest. Some people just dont have the emotional energy to sit through tough times.

I will say that once a club loses connection with members you will see drop offs in members and gameday support. The biggest thing Port are doing right now is a high focus on staying connected with its supporters.Lions as a club are well off in so many areas as I'm sure you understand... some people just wont have the energy to stay connected as a ongoing active supporter. doesn't mean they wont stop taking a interest from a far until things turn around.

I don't know if I'm even making sense now...lol. tired. Anyway... ill be a die hard for life. I just dont expect others to and understand why interest will drop off in tough times

Last edited:

I'll probably fall asleep in the next half hour, then wake up in about 6 hours, then come back to this thread and wonder why I completely ignored my "do not post if tired" rule.

It is not personal mate. Your no doubt a nice bloke but you said you was going elsewhere based on a possible player exodus. My point is why are you here? What are you a team supporter for if you are going to clear of during the hard times?
Because the typical supporter, imo, would not feel like supporting a team that is at the bottom of the ladder for a decade with no end in sight (apart from the diehards)

Shifting_Goalpost.gif

Not really true... think of it as supporting from a far. SA is full of these types with the crows and power... the amount of people that know very little about their own teams down here is staggering, to the point Ill tell inform them about there clubs. Port had heaps who "turned off" in recent years. By that they were still supporters, but just not as active in taking an interest. Some people just dont have the emotional energy to sit through tough times.

I will say that once a club loses connection with members you will see drop offs in members and gameday support. The biggest thing Port are doing right now is a high focus on staying connected with its supporters.Lions as a club are well off in so many areas as Im sure you understand... some people just wont have the energy to stay connected as a ongoing active supporter. doesnt mean they wont stop taking a interest from a far until things turn around.

I dont know if im even making sense now...lol. tired. Anyway... ill be a die hard for life. I just dont expect others to and understand why interst will drop off in tough times
This.

Merrett and Patfull have had really mediocre starts to the year!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Oh please. You're not even trying anymore.

If Joel has one more bad game I'm going to call up and sponsor another player!!!!!!!

Now THERE is hysterics!

Joel, if you read this please realise I am joking and I would never withdraw my sponsorship of you. Even after you retire I'll probably keep sponsoring you. I love you. Marry me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really true... think of it as supporting from a far. SA is full of these types with the crows and power... the amount of people that know very little about their own teams down here is staggering, to the point Ill tell inform them about there clubs. Port had heaps who "turned off" in recent years. By that they were still supporters, but just not as active in taking an interest. Some people just dont have the emotional energy to sit through tough times.

I will say that once a club loses connection with members you will see drop offs in members and gameday support. The biggest thing Port are doing right now is a high focus on staying connected with its supporters.Lions as a club are well off in so many areas as Im sure you understand... some people just wont have the energy to stay connected as a ongoing active supporter. doesnt mean they wont stop taking a interest from a far until things turn around.

I dont know if im even making sense now...lol. tired. Anyway... ill be a die hard for life. I just dont expect others to and understand why interst will drop off in tough times

I've often had a go at people who use the phrase "true supporter". There's no such thing. People have many priorities in life and football may range from low to high. I would rank myself as a supporter, but my support isn't much compared to some posters on here who don't miss a ressies game.

I would contend though that if you spend as much time on BigFooty as some on here obviously do, it's reasonable to think that they understand there will be lean times and that it would be assumed they would stick with the team through thick and thin.

Actually everyone is. I am saying people will probably leaving if there are tough times (player exodus etc) and will stop supporting the team and you just cant seem to comprehend that.

Yes, people will leave.

And that makes them not supporters, but fairweather fans and/or bandwagon jumpers.

Because the typical supporter, imo, would not feel like supporting a team that is at the bottom of the ladder for a decade with no end in sight (apart from the diehards)
Mate you are deflecting. Your original point is you are marching if their is a player exodus. Got that? I will reiterate, you are marching if there is a player exodus. This is nothing to do with fans dropping off if their team loses.

This is exactly how I'd introduce TheBrownDog to people - hard of comprehension.

Well I am a 76 year old old-generation type, as accurately detailed by a mayes ing.

Gotta go take my ACE inhibitors and beta blockers now. All this excitement has got my blood up.

I've often had a go at people who use the phrase "true supporter". There's no such thing. People have many priorities in life and football may range from low to high. I would rank myself as a supporter, but my support isn't much compared to some posters on here who don't miss a ressies game.

I would contend though that if you spend as much time on BigFooty as some on here obviously do, it's reasonable to think that they understand there will be lean times and that it would be assumed they would stick with the team through thick and thin.

The "true supporter" thing gets me as well sometimes. I can understand living far away and not being able to be as dedicated as some due to distance and money. I can't understand just throwing the team and/or the sport away during lean times unless you're a fairweather fan. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but call a spade a spade.

Yes, people will leave.

And that makes them not supporters, but fairweather fans and/or bandwagon jumpers.
a supporter means that you follow something/someone etc. I support the lions, am l going to stick through a decade of pain and suffering with them as some of you are ... no. I still support the team atm.

I think some of you need to learn what the word support means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back