Remove this Banner Ad

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
I have just finished Season 2 Episode 2
You know when a game is intense when even choosing which table to sit at is a tough choice and could have consequences. I ended up sitting with Kenny. I let him know that I was leaving with the group though (In the back of my mind I was thinking of trying to find Christa).

I really wanted to kill Bonnie. I felt betrayed after playing as her in 400 days and ending up being a soldier for Carver.

Kenny is also a dumb arse. It was obvious they would start shooting hostages if he started shooting the enemy in the lodge. I would have waited and see. If they start shooting hostages then start shooting at them. If they just start moving the hostages to another destination then it would be easier to find Luke to set up an ambush to kill them while they are on their way. While the enemy is fortified they have the advantage. If they are moving out in the open then they are vulnerable.

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
I just finished episode 2.

Is it possible to save Alvin? Not that I really care, but just curious.

Yes it's possible. I went to find Luke and Kenny. I first mentioned that we should find Luke. When we moved to another position I asked Kenny to not to shoot again. Kenny gives himself up and Alvin doesn't get shot.

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Just finished episode 2. The game is good, but I don't think it has quite the same emotional pull of the first series.

Having said that, it would be pretty tough to top series 1 and this is still an excellent game

I agree. I love the game so far but it's not the same. I like how Clementine has become tougher because of her experiences, but the emotional pull of the first series was the relationship between Lee and Clementine. While you were playing as Lee you faced many tough choices and Clementine effectively represented the innocence in a world that has gone mad. If you made a choice which may be morally wrong but practical in surviving a post apocalyptic world, she served as an anchor to remind you of the humanity side of things.

Also Clementine served as a goal for Lee. He was determined to protect her at all costs. Looking to move to the North as a goal doesn't seem to have the same emotional impact.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I agree. I love the game so far but it's not the same. I like how Clementine has become tougher because of her experiences, but the emotional pull of the first series was the relationship between Lee and Clementine. While you were playing as Lee you faced many tough choices and Clementine effectively represented the innocence in a world that has gone mad. If you made a choice which may be morally wrong but practical in surviving a post apocalyptic world, she served as an anchor to remind you of the humanity side of things.

Also Clementine served as a goal for Lee. He was determined to protect her at all costs. Looking to move to the North as a goal doesn't seem to have the same emotional impact.
I agree about the first being better of the two but I see season two as the progression of the world in the same light The last of us was, Clementine is now a product of the new world were ones old self has to be put aside to survive in a world which can take everything from you in a instance. I feel Sarah is nicely weighted character in what can happened when you try and protect someone from all elements in such a world, the obvious emotional pull isn't there but the undertones and scars make the game much more depressing.

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
I have just finished Season 2 Episode 3
I chose to cut Sanita's arm but realised it probably wouldn't be the best decision. I should have killed the zombie and cut off the arm as soon as everyone is safe. Also it would be easier for Sanita to fight the zombies with both arms.

I'm just curious about Sarah's reaction when her father was killed in other peoples games. Except for teaching her to use the hand gun in the first episode I haven't exactly been hard on her or taught her survival skills. I think that might bite me in the arse.

Also I seem to have gone against the grain in choosing not to watch Kenny kill Carver. I guess I have been playing to keep Clems humanity but at the same time to be tough and stand up for herself.

I still hate Bonnie. But she did help in having everybody escape, so I'll give her credit there. I wonder what happened to those who you played in 400 days. I hoped they would be more involved rather than just effectively being shown in the background.

Any idea when episode 4 will be out? I have to know how this will end.

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
I have just finished Season 2 Episode 3
I chose to cut Sanita's arm but realised it probably wouldn't be the best decision. I should have killed the zombie and cut off the arm as soon as everyone is safe. Also it would be easier for Sanita to fight the zombies with both arms.

I'm just curious about Sarah's reaction when her father was killed in other peoples games. Except for teaching her to use the hand gun in the first episode I haven't exactly been hard on her or taught her survival skills. I think that might bite me in the arse.

Also I seem to have gone against the grain in choosing not to watch Kenny kill Carver. I guess I have been playing to keep Clems humanity but at the same time to be tough and stand up for herself.

I still hate Bonnie. But she did help in having everybody escape, so I'll give her credit there. I wonder what happened to those who you played in 400 days. I hoped they would be more involved rather than just effectively being shown in the background.

Any idea when episode 4 will be out? I have to know how this will end.

I've been hard on Sarah, and she round-house kicked the zombie that kills Carlos and he survives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back