FTA-TV The Walking Dead - No spoiler info before AU screening - Seasons 1 to 6

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the seasons 1 to 6 thread.

The Season 7, 8, 9 thread is here:

Last edited:
It always makes me laugh the amount of hate Sam gets. He's a little boy that's been hidden away from the zombie threat, he's been tormented mercilessly by Carol and just seen his father go nuts and then get murdered (and his mum hook up with the guy that did it) and now this horde of flesh eating monsters he's never seen before are in his house, he's been covered head to toe in gore and lead out to the middle of them, he makes a cry for his mummy and everyone is all STFU KID F***EN!!!

I'm surprised he isn't catatonic.

Do you sleep with the lights on?

Fully expected either Eugene, Father Gabriel or (in particular) the doctor to bite the dust in some fashion. I confess myself disappointed.

Nice to see Gabe almost do something for once. Needs to be more like Carv off The Wire, though.

Fully expected either Eugene, Father Gabriel or (in particular) the doctor to bite the dust in some fashion. I confess myself disappointed.

Nice to see Gabe almost do something for once. Needs to be more like Carv off The Wire, though.

Surely the Wolves guy will throw Doc to the herd to give himself time to escape.

Not sure what purpose Eugene has anymore but figure he has some redemption storyline somewhere. Maybe he sacrifices himself for someone but it would be so incredibly out of character and natural instinct that it will probably come across very lame. Maybe Gabe will be the same although seeing him turn from a whiny priest to a bad ass killing machine over time would be amusing.

I expected Rosita or Tara to die as they are peripheral zombie fodder if I ever saw them. Present enough to make a ripple when they go but not main storyline worthy. Given Spencer is not much of a character at present and the rest of his family are gone, he should be an easy kill too, however he's got a main character 'look' (as if viewers of the zombie genre give a damn what you look like though) so could now develop into a stronger character with nothing to lose.

It always makes me laugh the amount of hate Sam gets. He's a little boy that's been hidden away from the zombie threat, he's been tormented mercilessly by Carol and just seen his father go nuts and then get murdered (and his mum hook up with the guy that did it) and now this horde of flesh eating monsters he's never seen before are in his house, he's been covered head to toe in gore and lead out to the middle of them, he makes a cry for his mummy and everyone is all STFU KID F***EN!!!

shut up.

anyway, i blame poor parenting for his cry for help. look, if we empathise (for those who have kids), its easy to understand why a young child will make a noise due to fear and not understanding the situation. however, i just wanna blame the parents. oh wait, you only got one parent CAUSE YOUR DADDY IS DEAD!! HAHAHAHA

tumblr_nyo6wjquUW1rkbi4ao4_250.gif

did she capture the moment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when daryl, abes and sasha fierce were stopped by *spoilers* perhaps they should have done a youey (u turn) and fang it back the other way. or perhaps rammed the s**t out of the bikie gang.

U turn wouldn't do much as the others have transport that is a tad quicker. Ramming would be my course of action but maybe their only chance would have been to do it when they spotted them rather than from a standing start as they wouldn't get enough rounds off perhaps, but you have to make that snap judgment that someone is a hostile to do that.

Abraham ... RPG right into the middle of them?

One thing that annoys me a little is that we haven't recovered from one storyline, the group is fractured and disbanded and under siege from walkers and then they introduce another human threat. Hell, we haven't even had a finalisation of the Wolves threat yet. I know the idea is to have rolling stresses to build apprehension in the viewer but we're also getting haphazard character development.

Rick has had zero time to form his relationship with blondie, no resolution to psycho Ron, no development of the gay relationship angle with Tara and Doc, not a lot to make you care about many characters before they kill them. You want to feel those deaths.

The whole season has been dealing with the breakaway herd and the Wolves which has been big enough in itself to sustain a season since they wasted so long running parallel storylines. Just seems to me they let Daryl's group get back to help out and then introduce the new human threat in the season finale. Right now, it feels like they are rushing a storyline in to come up with something big within the next 8 episodes. Feels really messy. I know the world they live in is chaotic, but it's still a TV show controlled by writers and their sense of timing.

Maybe as the seasons progress they feel people need constant action on a large scale rather than episodes where they regain a sense of security and develop relationships, with just the odd walker/human kills, until it is all taken away from them again.

Maybe it is the fact that I am week to week like everybody else, it's just losing its edge.

here's the single most important aspect of the episode:

tumblr_nyotacu1JT1rkbi4ao7_250.gif

ok i honestly dont recall pr0n being mentioned.

I thought he said 'corn' which makes little sense and I don't care enough to go back and check. pr0n works.

U turn wouldn't do much as the others have transport that is a tad quicker. Ramming would be my course of action but maybe their only chance would have been to do it when they spotted them rather than from a standing start as they wouldn't get enough rounds off perhaps, but you have to make that snap judgment that someone is a hostile to do that.

Abraham ... RPG right into the middle of them?

One thing that annoys me a little is that we haven't recovered from one storyline, the group is fractured and disbanded and under siege from walkers and then they introduce another human threat. Hell, we haven't even had a finalisation of the Wolves threat yet. I know the idea is to have rolling stresses to build apprehension in the viewer but we're also getting haphazard character development.

Rick has had zero time to form his relationship with blondie, no resolution to psycho Ron, no development of the gay relationship angle with Tara and Doc, not a lot to make you care about many characters before they kill them. You want to feel those deaths.

The whole season has been dealing with the breakaway herd and the Wolves which has been big enough in itself to sustain a season since they wasted so long running parallel storylines. Just seems to me they let Daryl's group get back to help out and then introduce the new human threat in the season finale. Right now, it feels like they are rushing a storyline in to come up with something big within the next 8 episodes. Feels really messy. I know the world they live in is chaotic, but it's still a TV show controlled by writers and their sense of timing.

Maybe as the seasons progress they feel people need constant action on a large scale rather than episodes where they regain a sense of security and develop relationships, with just the odd walker/human kills, until it is all taken away from them again.

Maybe it is the fact that I am week to week like everybody else, it's just losing its edge.

good point about the ram raid strategy. in hindsight, the bikies saw them coming and set themselves up in that formation. i guess if D decided to step on it, the banditos would have enough time from afar to let a few rounds off.

good point about introducing a new element when the Ws havent been fully fleshed out (excuse the pun). it is a bit of a cluster F, and you are right, messy. it's like an orgy, you wanna watch all participants but only have two eyeballs.

now imagine of the wolves and new group meet up. that would be pay per view!

A
Ron and Morgan. Carl is an idiot. You don't stay quiet about that sort of s**t or people die. Morgan is an idiot. You have to kill for the good of the majority. Every time someone dies, someone has stuffed up. Morgan is a liability and Carol is right to try to kill him. Get it now Morgan and fix it or die.

M: you dont trust anyone do you?
C: some more than others....

tumblr_nyn2xa7xsP1rkbi4ao4_250.gif

love you carol

tumblr_nylzjasxTg1qdk4doo2_250.gif

tumblr_nylzjasxTg1qdk4doo6_250.gif

note that carol has a gun....

it's like an orgy, you wanna watch all participants but only have two eyeballs.

About sums it up. Over stimulated to the point of confusion. Wait, wh .. how ... who is that and how does that fit in there?

now imagine of the wolves and new group meet up. that would be pay per view!

Ah, well maybe instead of Rick's group being under siege from a new threat each time, his somewhat defeated group can become a third party as two other groups pose a bigger threat to each other. That would be somewhat realistic too. They don't always have to be in a position of strength. Maybe method in the writers' madness? Dare to dream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back