FTA-TV The Walking Dead - No spoiler info before AU screening - Seasons 1 to 6

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the seasons 1 to 6 thread.

The Season 7, 8, 9 thread is here:

Last edited:
I've never been really bothered to answer wholeheartedly to this thread….

But f*** me, we're watching a show about Zombies and the end of a civilised society here and soooo many of you actually care about stuff like bullet ricochet ballistics???

This show isn't The Sopranos. Nor is it Breaking Bad, The Wire nor Game of Thrones. To be honest, it's The Home and Away of AMC/HBO programming and that's fine with me. It's like going to the movies and watching something like Anchorman or Transformers etc. Switch your brain off and just enjoy it for what it is and don't come out of the theatre complaining that it wasn't as good as Citizen Kane or Apocalypse Now.

I mean Rick just bit some dudes throat out and spat it towards the audience before disembowelling a fat guy who was getting all Hey Dad guy with his 14 year old son. And stared into his eyes as he did it. And then called Daryl his brother the next morning during the debrief! How can you whinging syds be unhappy with that?

I might tune into Neil Mitchell tomorrow morning so I can listen to you all ringing in complaining about your water bills or your local councils or the next door neighbour's dog barking too much. Lighten up floggos.

At the end of every episode, everyone should be asking "where's Beth?"

Found a leak from next years script.

Beth "I have to go now. My planet needs me."

The whole cell with Beth on it is moved upwards. A screen shows some handwritten text: "Note: Beth died on the way back to her home planet".

People need to watch Talking Dead more.

But f*** me, we're watching a show about Zombies and the end of a civilised society here and soooo many of you actually care about stuff like bullet ricochet ballistics???

This show isn't The Sopranos. Nor is it Breaking Bad, The Wire nor Game of Thrones. To be honest, it's The Home and Away of AMC/HBO programming and that's fine with me. It's like going to the movies and watching something like Anchorman or Transformers etc. Switch your brain off and just enjoy it for what it is and don't come out of the theatre complaining that it wasn't as good as Citizen Kane or Apocalypse Now.

I mean Rick just bit some dudes throat out and spat it towards the audience before disembowelling a fat guy who was getting all Hey Dad guy with his 14 year old son. And stared into his eyes as he did it. And then called Daryl his brother the next morning during the debrief! How can you whinging syds be unhappy with that?

I might tune into Neil Mitchell tomorrow morning so I can listen to you all ringing in complaining about your water bills or your local councils or the next door neighbour's dog barking too much. Lighten up floggos.

This is the best post in this entire thread. If you did not laugh at the hey dad comment you are very hard to please!!!

So true!

Ridiculous that after 4 seasons of this show people can't manage their expectations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Rick and co can escape from a group of armed rednecks holding Guns to their Head yet that dumbarse can't get away from a few bloody Zombies .

Spot the die hard fan ...i bet you soak up endless amounts of bullshit in blissful ignorance

Yeah Rick and co can escape from a group of armed rednecks holding Guns to their Head yet that dumbarse can't get away from a few bloody Zombies .

Both scenes taken almost verbatim from the comic and I didn't mind either of them

U8r49Cj.png

What they should do is get the character (or maybe even two) that has had the least screen-time and/or lines of dialogue, kill them and then plant them at the door of the container so they attack the cannibals when they come to get their lunch.

If we start discussing comics in here it will end up the s**t fight that the GOT thread did and I might be one of the few who has actually read them.

The problem is most of the time the TV show is so far off the reservation that you can have a general sense of where it is going in terms of places or things they might do but it is still fairly different. So for example I saw the thing with Rick and the group last night and had hoped they would go that way but you can never be sure. Most people saw the cannibals thing coming especially since they did it in both the comics and the game.

One major example without being a spoiler is someone like Andrea is still alive and a major part of the comics so you never 100% know where the show is going.

I'm horrible with finding out spoilers so things like this and GoT I like to read the source material.

I read the comics and am loving the current 'All out war' arc.

I also like how some parts are used for the show and others not so it's not like we know exactly what is coming next.

Season 5 - Abraham will survive, they won't bring in a loved comic character like him and kill him off quickly.

As for being upset and seeking a help hotline, I just laugh when a character is partially surrounded and screams for help but doesn't run. TWD is a guilty pleasure show NOT award winning writing.

Spot the die hard fan ...i bet you soak up endless amounts of bullshit in blissful ignorance

No, not really. Blissful ignorance has never been my thing. And as for diehard fan, I wouldn't say that either. Sometimes I'll record it and take about a week to get around to watching it. It just doesn't particularly bother me that Rick and co can escape a group of armed rednecks as it does you. It's kind of funny that every week the same old crew jump up and down about the writers and how bad they are and how unrealistic the show is…. sorry mate, I just can't get that worked up about a TV show that isn't trying to pretend it's the greatest of all time.

I'm sure I've taken up enough of your time. You'd better get back to writing your angry letter to the HeraldSun's 50/50 column about another petty and trivial inconvenience that's really pissing you off.

I think we can more or less write off those weapons as lost. There's no way that Rick and co actually snuck into terminus. They were let in. The Terminites would have had eyes on them burying the guns for sure.

I think we can more or less write off those weapons as lost. There's no way that Rick and co actually snuck into terminus. They were let in. The Terminites would have had eyes on them burying the guns for sure.
It's The Walking Dead.

There's no chance those weapons are forgotten about.

No, not really. Blissful ignorance has never been my thing. And as for diehard fan, I wouldn't say that either. Sometimes I'll record it and take about a week to get around to watching it. It just doesn't particularly bother me that Rick and co can escape a group of armed rednecks as it does you. It's kind of funny that every week the same old crew jump up and down about the writers and how bad they are and how unrealistic the show is…. sorry mate, I just can't get that worked up about a TV show that isn't trying to pretend it's the greatest of all time.

I'm sure I've taken up enough of your time. You'd better get back to writing your angry letter to the HeraldSun's 50/50 column about another petty and trivial inconvenience that's really pissing you off.
I find it amusing that you consider giving a critical view equating to jumping up and down ...sorry for being critical of your attention seeking posts .

hi,

i hope you do see the over the top criticism of the show as mostly tongue in cheek. these days, with the internet, everyone can be a critic. in the past we relied on shows like "at the movies", or entertainment reporters on tv/print media to give us thoughts. we have the ability now to voice our thoughts easily through various media.

the show is entertaining, but if you mix what i just said with mind numbingly great fun people have to go OTT when it comes to discussion.

on a personal level i enjoy writing analytical pieces. i know some really flesh out every scene and action. in earlier seasons it was the comic book readers who would do that, and i for one feel some of them just wanted to tell all and sundry they've read the picture books.

you've referenced 3aw and herald sun specifically. i have no idea how they are applicable. what do those media forms do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back