List Mgmt. Free agency/trade/draft discussion (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really keen on Lever only stinger is that odds on he will be pick 12 or lower. Would be perfect for us
I have seen Lever as well, but issue is 1- he wont be left past pick 15 and 2 even if he was we would use round 1 on heeney. I wonder if we have any trade bait to give to dees for their 1st rounder I think they are the most likely of the lower teams to trade it.

I have seen Lever as well, but issue is 1- he wont be left past pick 15 and 2 even if he was we would use round 1 on heeney. I wonder if we have any trade bait to give to dees for their 1st rounder I think they are the most likely of the lower teams to trade it.

more so advocating that if we went down the trade path, IMO we would be targetting 1 of Marchback or Lever. As you said both will (probably) be top 10. There is a very slim chance but if we do lose a Mitchell/Malceski type then I hope we use the picks we get to target one of them.

Highly unlikely but dare to dream.

I agree I think melbourne would trade but it will cost us an A grade mid.

Walsh
Goodes
O'keefe
LRT
Shaw

How much would these guys be on combined?
Goodes on 700-900k in 2013 according to this older report:

$700,000-$900,000

17 players

(Five in 2012)

TRAVIS CLOKE (Collingwood)

SCOTT PENDLEBURY (Collingwood)

DANE SWAN (Collingwood)

BRENDON GODDARD (Essendon)

JOBE WATSON (Essendon)

MATTHEW PAVLICH (Fremantle)

JOEL SELWOOD (Geelong)

NATHAN BOCK (Gold Coast)

PHIL DAVIS (GWS)

CALUM WARD (GWS)

LANCE FRANKLIN (Hawthorn)

ADAM GOODES (Sydney)

KURT TIPPETT (Sydney)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...alary-now-265179/story-fni5f22o-1226834339957

A very good article on Luke Parker in the Herald Sun today but this bit interested me the most

“To walk out on to the ground and not see one empty seat in the whole MCG was just crazy.’’

So much does Parker enjoy playing for the Swans that he recently signed a contract extension that takes him through to the end of 2016, ruling out any Victorian club’s come-home-factor aspirations — “it’s too cold down there, anyway,’’ he laughed.

“It’s pretty good up here in Sydney. Nobody really notices you unless you’re walking down the street with Buddy or Goodesy. So I get to go about my everyday life without anyone paying any attention. That’s great because it means you can switch off. ‘’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...pion-jude-bolton/story-fni5fan7-1227001916117

It looks like Parker will be staying with the Swans.

The article also talks about why Parker managed to slip through to pick 40. I wonder what other clubs were interested in him and if those clubs are regretting passing over him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very good article on Luke Parker in the Herald Sun today but this bit interested me the most

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...pion-jude-bolton/story-fni5fan7-1227001916117

It looks like Parker will be staying with the Swans.

The article also talks about why Parker managed to slip through to pick 40. I wonder what other clubs were interested in him and if those clubs are regretting passing over him.
Bombers were the Club that told him they were going to take him and pulled out

Sounds like Pyke wants 2 but at 31 I not so sure

I am more confident about Pyke as remember he had a few years where his body was not being beaten up at all. I think his body can cope with another 2 years in the AFL. I think a 2 year deal is something we could definitely give Malceski as well, it is just the 3rd year which is a bit of a risk.

Hypothetically speaking if Mitchell wanted out and nominated Hawthorn, what do you guys see as a fair trade (being serious here)? I know your ruck stocks are low though there is no way a Luke Lowden will get it done (not that I think we are keen to let him go with Hale not that far off retirement). If Malceski goes then I guess Suckling might have some appeal and would maybe get it done (might need to chuck in a 3rd rounder from our end to sweeten the deal).

Hypothetically speaking if Mitchell wanted out and nominated Hawthorn, what do you guys see as a fair trade (being serious here)? I know your ruck stocks are low though there is no way a Luke Lowden will get it done (not that I think we are keen to let him go with Hale not that far off retirement). If Malceski goes then I guess Suckling might have some appeal and would maybe get it done (might need to chuck in a 3rd rounder from our end to sweeten the deal).

Would Bruest be on the table?

Would Bruest be on the table?
Who is Bruest? Breust on the other hand you had your chance :p at 23 and the best small forward in the comp I don't think Mitchell on it's own would get it done.

Who is Bruest? Breust on the other hand you had your chance :p at 23 and the best small forward in the comp I don't think Mitchell on it's own would get it done.

Agree that we would have to chip in something else. Hence why unlikely. Suckers leaves me cold, mainly due to him shirkng contests and not being the best defensively. Great disposal but just has something I find lacking (not sure what). KPD's would be ideal for us.

Agree that we would have to chip in something else. Hence why unlikely. Suckers leaves me cold, mainly due to him shirkng contests and not being the best defensively. Great disposal but just has something I find lacking (not sure what). KPD's would be ideal for us.
In that space all we have to offer is Schoey (which I get the impression is not rated) and Spangher who you guys traded to us for a bag of chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back