Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast won't get rid of Puma just because some people on a forum don't like the side panels.

Didn't their proposal for Hawthorn's jumpers include their three stripes in place of a stripe somewhere?

IIRC the leaked pictures had three small stripes above the number where the middle stripe would usually be.

They were going to but for whatever reason it didn't happen, they still have those random lines on the sides of the jumper.
It was only in the Adidas catalogue - Hawthorn would've declined it.

Those lines are hardly noticeable and they don't feature on Essendon's jumpers, so I don't see why they would on a West Coast jumper.

Me. The person who likes to occasionally purchase off-field apparel.
Well I would much rather a clean jumper template and three stripes on polos, training gear, etc. than a crap template and clean off-field apparel.

Well I would much rather a clean jumper template and three stripes on polos, training gear, etc. than a crap template and clean off-field apparel.
Very valuable point.

Coming to think of it, Adidas have been very good the last couple of years. Nice clean templates, and no added crap that they were once renowned for.

It was only in the Adidas catalogue - Hawthorn would've declined it.

Those lines are hardly noticeable and they don't feature on Essendon's jumpers, so I don't see why they would on a West Coast jumper.

Team that cares what they wear on field vs. a team that seems to not give a s**t. ;)

Just asking for trouble.

I like the Adidas template.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so I tried to get as much info on this thing as possible, mostly from some learned scholars on here:D

Got this off Ebay last week. It's an 06 (white puma tag, stitched on, not sublimated) old design which finished in 06. The weird thing is that it has the eagles watermarks throughout the guernsey, but no number on it:confused: From what I know, and what a few have told me, 02 was the last year the AFL logo was throughout the guernsey, and the eagles logo replaced it. Supposedly there are a few 03's with the watermark but no number, assuming they are retails. From 04 onwards it seems that only the player issues had the watermark, much like these days. So I have no idea what this guernsey was made for, possibly memorabilia pieces, or like that weird brownlow one they made with watermarks and no number??

Anyway cool story hey:drunk:

IMG_9498.JPG
IMG_9499.JPG
IMG_9500.JPG

Ok so I tried to get as much info on this thing as possible, mostly from some learned scholars on here:D

Got this off Ebay last week. It's an 06 (white puma tag, stitched on, not sublimated) old design which finished in 06. The weird thing is that it has the eagles watermarks throughout the guernsey, but no number on it:confused: From what I know, and what a few have told me, 02 was the last year the AFL logo was throughout the guernsey, and the eagles logo replaced it. Supposedly there are a few 03's with the watermark but no number, assuming they are retails. From 04 onwards it seems that only the player issues had the watermark, much like these days. So I have no idea what this guernsey was made for, possibly memorabilia pieces, or like that weird brownlow one they made with watermarks and no number??

Anyway cool story hey:drunk:

View attachment 67943
View attachment 67944
View attachment 67945
It's a lovely cut for a retail! How's the material?

As a Dogs supporter that isn't particularly fond of the Eagles, if they were to come out with a yellow peril wings jumper akin to their current away jumper but reversed, I'd buy it instantly. Possibly my favourite jumper outside of our traditional hoops.

There's such a strong brand there just waiting to be taken advantage of, and they're wasting it on the tri-panel and navy blue. I also wish they'd bring back the 'and now we've added West Coast magic, and we'll give you merry hell' line in their song, but not the place :p

In regard to the tri panel, which one do you guys prefer? The flying eagle, or the current one?

Current. As bad as the current tripanel is it is 100x better than the flying eagle.

Did the dogs fans get a say in returning to the original guernsey?
There was a vote, between:
- Our current hoops, obviously the winner.
- Our 'robodog', worn from 1997-2011.
- The 'Retro' jumper we wore from 1975-96.
- The hoops with a 'robodog' watermark.

As a Dogs supporter that isn't particularly fond of the Eagles, if they were to come out with a yellow peril wings jumper akin to their current away jumper but reversed, I'd buy it instantly. Possibly my favourite jumper outside of our traditional hoops.

There's such a strong brand there just waiting to be taken advantage of, and they're wasting it on the tri-panel and navy blue. I also wish they'd bring back the 'and now we've added West Coast magic, and we'll give you merry hell' line in their song, but not the place :p

Our club should never have messed with our image period. I mean overall what has it given us? a couple of s**t jumpers, a less iconic logo, two colours we do not need (white and navy) and a butchered song.

The whole feel I get of the club just from the 90's is infinitely better then the direction our club has enforced and maintained since 2000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back