Environment The Weather Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With Cyclone Marcia just about to hit central/south-east Queensland, I thought it was a good time to start a weather thread. At this point Marcia is a category 3 cyclone and likely to reach category 4. Just to give some perspective Cyclone Tracy was a category 4 cyclone and we all know how much was destroyed in Darwin as a result. So what do you have to say about Marcia?

Experimental SUNS Big Red Machine Iva Bigun Sunny_ GC2015 exile CQSUN GcSunsfan TheSunGod GCFC Digital GCFC Official Stereophonic

bradymarcia.gif

Marcia now considered a category 5 :(

Last edited:

Category 5 is very serious. As Sunny_ said, hopefully everyone stays safe.

Bloody hell. Im in the middle of where the floods were in 2011, so i'm slightly nervy. Should be ok though. How you fairing Experimental?

Our ol' mate Tigernova who is having a holiday from Bigfooty is in one of the flood prone areas too. I'll pass on all your well wishes

I had to come home early from a mate's party tonight because my road is starting to flood - came home just in case.

Can't believe it's turned into a cat 5 - s**t is escalating very quickly. By the time it hits land, it'll be as powerful as Cyclone Yasi, which caused $3.6 BILLION dollars damage.

I don't think I can remember a cyclone hit this far south let alone one so powerful. I really hope everyone in and around Mckay and Rocky are safe.

Flooding is guaranteed for tomorrow, so please remember everyone - stay safe, don't go outside unless you need to, and don't drive through flood waters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back