Analysis The Weird Change In The Club's Social Media

Am I On To Something?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but in the past month the club has gone from having pretty stock standard (read: boring) twitter/facebook/etc accounts to being a bit more weird.

For example, some of the club's latest tweets:

So why is this important?

Could it be possible that this is part of a revamp of the club's entire off field image designed to try and engage the fans more, the centre piece of this being the a revamp of the club's jumpers? In other words, is this a sign of #returnthewings? (#letmedream)

Twitter I'd imagine has a fairly young user-base, so wording and lingo used would be aimed at appealing to them.

The more formal writing will appear on the website and in press releases, but Twitter is used as a bit of fun.
I think initially with probably some older folks in charge of the PR/Media stuff they didn't quite grasp what Twitter is and kept it very formal and in-line with traditional media.

But either someone new has come in, or they've just realised that people on twitter are younger and more attracted to a more casual way of communicating.

But either someone new has come in, or they've just realised that people on twitter are younger and more attracted to a more casual way of communicating.

This was what I thought it probably was, but that's boring and gives me no wings ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could simply be a new guy or girl doing social media, and that's their style.
The club was advertising a new social media/communications officer position a few months ago so it's probably that.
I imagine it would be a hilariously easy job.

Speaking of weird comments, our social media team just referred to Priddis as a "crafty midfielder".

Now, even the staunchest Priddis supporter wouldn't say crafty! And the rest would have a hard time saying midfielder!

Very strange choice of words.

I have two theories

A) This change mysteriously happened around the same time that Swift went onto mid semester break. Maybe he's earning some holiday cash
B) Glass has retired from playing, but is still contracted - he could be on alternative duties

Lel. I'm not sure why I'd have been banned, not like I am abusive. Club doesn't like being criticized?
Probably not. All the nanas get offended and when that happens, knitting in the crowd increases 20%

I voted Jack Watts, however i do agree you're onto something.

First time since 2010 the club has stopped doing 'highlights packages' after our wins. Which is s**t, seeing as HB is on perm holiday.

And some of the wording on their facebook posts has been outright childish. To go with the soccer mum group of followers i suppose.

Back