Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey all my name is jarryd,

1) Who do you barrack for?

Collingwood of course!

2) Who's your favourite
Collingwood player?

I would have to say beamsy and pendles.

3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?

2010 grand final win and 2011 perlimanary final victory over the dreaded hawks! Hate them and geelong so much!

4) How did you come to be a Pies fan?

Always went to the footy with my dad back in the late 90s early 2000s as a collingwood member, as a child you want to go for the most popular or successful teams, so naturally I go to my dad " I'm going to go for essendon" he replied with " you can do that son, but you will only be going to two games a year when collingwood vs essendon", ever since I have been a passionate collingwood supporter and always will.

Mmm
1. Collingwood.
2. Now Travis or Pendles. All time "The Marvel" and "Faboulous Phil".
3. 1990 Flag! I was there, my best mate told me it was ours at half time - naturally i never believed him having really suffered since 1977. We finally acknowledged victory at about the 25 min mark of the last quarter - wowee!
4. My cousins got me involved half way through 1970 - i thankfully never understood the implications of the loss that year 'till much later!

I remember when I first joined and crapping my pants whenever someone quoted me, in fear of getting roped into an argument.

Hi I'm CLUBMEDhurst.

I support Collingwood Football Club.

My favourite player (from the past) is Peter Daicos. If not for his brilliance, the 80s woulda been hard to take (Mark Beers anyone?). Currently Toooooooves!!!

Fave magpie moment. 1990 flag. After all the heartache of GF defeats, this was positively orgasmic.

From a long line of 'pies fans, hgreat grandparents on ma and pa's side were brought up in the slums of Carringbush in the early 1900s and it has stuck. Tried to support Richmond in the early 70s, however this did not last long. The first time Richmond beat Collingwood I was banished to the backyard (in freezing weather) until I came to my senses (thank f**k).

Every celebration (birthdays, weddings, funerals) is always accompanied by "Good Old Collingwood Forever"

Black and White runs through my veins!!!

Been on here quite a while and posted a number of times, but here goes anyway.
I'm a fanatic for the Pies.
Favourite player of all time was The Late Great Darren (pants) Millane, currently I love em all but Swannie brilliant interviews probably give him the edge (although) Luke Ball's sheer class gets him close.
Favourite moment was when Pants through the ball in the air after the final siren in 1990 GF. Of course over the 45+ years the Pies have given me many, many great moments.
I grew up in Swan Districts territory and so played junior footy for them and naturally (I thought) barracked for them. As a kid there was WAFL and VFL so like most kids I had a VFL team to follow and again quite naturally I thought took the team that had the same colours (when I was about 9 years old) Just as a side point a mate that I used to work with thought exactly the same as a kid but because it was an era of black and white TV he started barracking for Nth and didn't find out till the end of his first season but by then it was too late. HaHa.
I was born 3 weeks after the 58 flag so I suffered through many heartbreaks before 1990 and by that time I was "dyed in the wool".
I once was a full member but for the last few years I have been an interstate member with social club membership as well.
These days I am so fanatical that even if we (god forbid) we lost every game of the season like we did against Freo, I would still be wearing my club cap everywhere and be proud enough of my club to ignore the crap the ALL other (non-collingwood) supporters (gees there's a lot of them over here) give me. I hope that sentence makes sense.
CARN THE PIES

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello everyone,

Long time and frequent lurker but seldom poster here. Mods encouraged me to get involved awhile ago but this place is a tad daunting. Anyway, decided to bite the bullet and get more involved. So here l am.

I love love love Collingwood.

Some of my favourite players over the years were Gavin Crosisca, Gavin Brown, Buckley & Didak. Current faves are Pendles, Beams, Elliott, Marley and l'm very excited about Grundy and Thomas.

Favourite moment was THAT smother. From that moment l knew that we were going to win. Next favourite moment was being at the MCG for the 1990 semi-final thumping win against Essendon. Then of course, 2 weeks later celebrating my first ever premiership win.

How l became a Pies fan, here's something l prepared (posted) earlier, lol:
Supporter since I was 10 or 11. Parents are european and so soccer was the big thing in our household. I initially followed North only cause l liked the look of Malcolm Blight on a footy card l got.

I'll never forget the day l became a Collingwood supporter. We were visiting friends of Mum & Dad who had a son a couple of years older than me. I had a bit of a crush on him on you see. Well, we were playing in his room and he asked who l went for, l said North. His exact words were "Oh, they're s**t, you should go for Collingwood" and instantly I said "OK".

Didn't really follow footy until late teens but turned in a one eyed mad pie supporter when l got with my husband (he bleeds black and white). Eldest son switched to Lions after the two losing GF's (jumped on the winning bandwagon). He was only 5. We refused to buy him anything Lions! Got him back on board in 2006. Youngest switched to Geelong when he was around 5 too, only cause he loves anything feline, lol. Again, refused to buy or have anything Geelong in the house. One day when he again asked for something cats, l told him no like always but said that he'll get all the merchandise he wants if he goes for Collingwood again. Needless to say, he is.

So we're one big black & white household, youngest even named one of our pet cats Fasolo, lol.

So that's my little supporter history, l love sharing it, thanks for reading :)

Well that's the Collingwood me in a nutshell, cheers :)

1) Who do you barrack for?

Pies through and through.

2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player?

Bucks, Sav Rocca growing up. I got Savs autograph at a family day in the early 90's, and have a really clear memory of walking back to the car after he kicked 10 against Melbourne and just feeling totally in awe. Been a huge fan ever since and right now I'm in the States punting at a college trying to follow in his footsteps.

Currently I like the SACK and Toovs, and of course Swan and Pendles.

3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?

I have a few, attending the 2002 Grand Final was amazing. Being at the 2007 Semi against West Coast, experiencing the confusion and eventual elation after the extra time, hugging and high fiving anybody in black and white I could find. Flag in '10.

4) How did you come to be a Pies fan?

Born into it. Was a Buckley's Brigade member as a kid, and have been a full member for a while now as well. Used to attend all the Melbourne games but currently living in the US so I have to make do with crappy internet streams.

Bucks, Sav Rocca growing up. I got Savs autograph at a family day in the early 90's, and have a really clear memory of walking back to the car after he kicked 10 against Melbourne and just feeling totally in awe. Been a huge fan ever since and right now I'm in the States punting at a college trying to follow in his footsteps.

Good luck RR. Tell us more about it

Well it's been a long ride through a few different schools and lost scholarships due to eligibility problems, but I'm up in Montana now at a smaller school and enjoying it. Got All-American last year and I'm currently in spring training for my final season coming up this September. Coach won't be too happy that I'm up until 6am watchin the Pies when I have training at 11 but I'm ok with it haha

Hello all. I used to post a lot in here and if you haven't heard the podcast just yet (which hasn't been uploaded yet), I'm going to try and get back in touch with the Pies board. I've missed you all. I used to post under the moniker scottyD however I did have the smarts to change that a long time ago now.

1) Who do you barrack for? Collingwood in the AFL, North Ballarat in the VFL.
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? Marty Clarke
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? Getting to sit in the coaches box in a win against St. Kilda in 2008 and also going to both Grand Finals in 2010.
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? Brainwashed by the old man. Thankfully anyway.

Hello all. I used to post a lot in here and if you haven't heard the podcast just yet (which hasn't been uploaded yet), I'm going to try and get back in touch with the Pies board. I've missed you all. I used to post under the moniker scottyD however I did have the smarts to change that a long time ago now.

3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? Getting to sit in the coaches box in a win against St. Kilda in 2008 and also going to both Grand Finals in 2010.
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? Brainwashed by the old man. Thankfully anyway.
Why North Ballarat and not Collingwood? Are you a local?

You couldn't change your name to ScottyP?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back