Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Hello everyone,

Long time and frequent lurker but seldom poster here. Mods encouraged me to get involved awhile ago but this place is a tad daunting. Anyway, decided to bite the bullet and get more involved. So here l am.

I love love love Collingwood.

Some of my favourite players over the years were Gavin Crosisca, Gavin Brown, Buckley & Didak. Current faves are Pendles, Beams, Elliott, Marley and l'm very excited about Grundy and Thomas.

Favourite moment was THAT smother. From that moment l knew that we were going to win. Next favourite moment was being at the MCG for the 1990 semi-final thumping win against Essendon. Then of course, 2 weeks later celebrating my first ever premiership win.

How l became a Pies fan, here's something l prepared (posted) earlier, lol:

Well that's the Collingwood me in a nutshell, cheers :)

Welcome MagpieKat, great to see you posting! Dont be daunted by BF. A lot of the most outspoken posters are really big softies underneath!

qmidget

Draftee
Nov 22, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer)
The mighty pies!

2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player?
Pendles

3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?
Rnd13 2005, SYD v COL at ANZ. Sitting next to the cheer squad. In the 4th quarter who should come down and sit in front of us...... EDDIE!
Some kids tried to say hi but he shoo'd them away saying "I'm trying to watch the game" in a not so friendly way. We may not have won but I came away with a funny story.
Also worth mentioning, my brother copped a falcon during the pre match warm up. =D

4) How did you come to be a Pies fan?
Moved north to the football wasteland that is Sydney in the 90's (nobody knew who the Swans were until 2005). Only exposure to footy was when family traveled north for the Collingwood games.

maace

Senior List
Aug 13, 2013
Shanghai
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys, my name is Mason and I am currently living in Shanghai, China. Iv been lurking around bigfooty for the past 3 years before making an account last year.

1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer)

Collingwood

Leon Davis - loved growing up and watching him play, neon leon forever and I am still peeved that he was outed for the GF replay..
Another was Josh Fraser - loved the beginning of his career, contributed more than others may think he did to our football club, very disappointed with how he left.

Pies beating Brissy in the fathers day Qualifying final 03', instilled that belief we could go all the way..

My dad played for port magpies reserves squad back in the day, when he moved to Melbourne during the end of the 60's he became a Collingwood supporter following recent successes (53' & 58' flags) and consecutive grand final appearances. The rest is history, though my dad did want me to choose the team I wanted to support at a young age (no bias), my younger brother chose Essendon and I chose the mighty magpies!

Cheers Guys!

Apr 5, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood

Hi All

The Mighty Pies

Current players:- Toovey/Pendles
Of all time:- Bucks/O'bree Both awesome both sides of the body.

Best moment would have to be Subiaco 2007 Semi Final beating the Weagles in Extra Time. The black and white supporters were scattered like pepper around the ground but we all stood proud and loud come the final siren. Living in Perth I cop a lot of Sh?t but it's moments like that that allow me to fly the flag high in the west.

As a school boy I followed Swan Districts so I thought it was a natural thing to support the black & White jumper of Collingwood in the VFL. I couldn't find it in myself to swap when the Weagles came on board and unlike a lot of turncoats I could never support the Shockers. I have managed to sway my sons to support the cause and everytime a new extended family member is born I provide birthday gifts of the black & white nature. To their parents disgus you would be surprised how affective this has been.

Gavin Brossisca

Senior List
Mar 20, 2013
Vic Park
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham United
Hey all,

Been lurking and liking for a while now but don't post that often and when I do it's usually not worth reading.

1) Who do you barrack for?
The pies

The two Gavins, Brown and Crosisca, hence the name.

Current players - Swanny, H and the Sack

1990 grand final win. Growing up in Essendon as the only Pies supporter at school - it was awesome (and a relief) to knock them over.

Had no choice - grandparents were hardcore supporters and had me down for games at Vic Park by the age of 5.

akneal

All Australian
May 1, 2012
woop woop
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Been around for a bit, but never properly introduced myself

Collingwood
Changes every few weeks; Grundy, Pendlebury, Elliot and Swan the main ones
Not a specific one, but the first quarter of pies cats prelim 2010!
You are born with it.

Did anyone watch AFL 360 tonight, they showed B&W footage of AFL played overseas in England as an exhibition in the early 1900s, I would be grateful if anyone would know where to find this, they said it is on youtube, but I cannot begin to know how to find this?

I am fascinated to see how much our game has evolved from that time.

Thank you.

Hi guys,

It is my first time posting on Big Footy, i have to admit i don't barrack for the pies, but i wanted to give you all a heads up that Nathan Buckley will be on Talking Footy this Monday night 28th April at 7.30pm on 7mate.

Hope this is ok, just in case you didn't realise as the show is tucked away on 7mate.
Thanks for the info, and I hope you enjoy being a part of the Big Footy family :)

Hey guys, signed up to BF last season and am pretty active on the SC board, but just a lurker over here.
Thought I'd start getting involved on my team's board :)

-Born in a Pies family and been a fan my entire life
-Favourite player is Beamsy. Also love Seedsman and can't wait to see him out on the park soon!
-Can't look past the 2010 premiership as a favourite moment

Cheers ;)

TrevfanclubPres

Draftee
Nov 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi all,

My name is Samantha and I have been a member for a little while but have just watched the conversations roll on but have now decided to join in.

I follow the only team that matters the mighty pies!

My favourite player is Travis Cloke but I refer to him as Trev thanks to an uncle that is also a passionate pies man thought his name was Trevor instead of Travis so it has just stuck!!! My favourite player of all time is Damian Monkhorst still love that rough head of his!

I have many favourite footy moments such as the 2010 grand final, the 2002 qualifying final v Port Adelaide and sitting behind the Carlton cheer squad as Mick McGuane bounced his way to a memorable goal!!

My father was a Collingwood man since the day he was born and I am a female clone of my father, so I have been a collingwood girl since the day I was born.

Eric_Melvin

Team Captain
Jun 5, 2011
Corio
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi all. Long time member, seldom poster. Thought I'd post a little bit.
1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer) no brainier. The pies.

2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? Past- Daicos and sav rocca. Best goal kicker and best kick for goal. Present- pendlebury, Elliot, beams. Superstar/superstars in the making.

3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? The win over hawthorn to get us in the 2011 gf. I know we lost the gf, but that prelim was easily the best finish I've ever seen. The 10gf was awesome, but the game was iced early. When buddy kicked that freak goal from the pocket I thought we were screwed. But damn, the fight! In retrospect we were spent after that game and the cats got us. But thems the breaks.

4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? Dad. Born a pies fan. We
When I was 5 and at my first day of school, my soon to be best mate suggested I change to Melbourne. I agreed. Went home, told dad. He said he would support that, but wouldn't take me to games or buy me a pie at the games. Stuck with the pies. Lucky in retrospect.

Yezeha

All Australian
Feb 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
1.) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer)
I dunno. Carlton.... Nah. The Pies
2.) Who's your favourite Collingwood player?
Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooves
3.) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?
Dids' second goal in the 2010 GF Replay
4.) How did you come to be a Pies fan?
I can't really remember. My dad had been a pies fan for ages and I guess I just got it from him.

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Probably should introduce myself - frequent reader but don't often post much.

The Mighty Magpies of course!

Past - Daics (lived not far from from the Daicos family back in Preston), Pants and Gavin Brown. Current - got to be Grundy now (frustrating as all buggery but I love how he goes about it as a kid).

Two of em - Browny coming back on in the 3rd quarter of the 1990 GF and getting up in the face of that mongrel TD and Pants throwing the ball up in the air in relief when the final siren blew.

Runs in the family - lived not far from Vic Park up until kindergarten age and Mum was a member so never had any hope.

Earliest memory of footy itself was going down into the rooms as a toddler and having Rene Kink throw me up in the air and over his shoulder - I think he actually scared the bejesus out of me in general because I wouldn't say a word to him otherwise but I loved it anyway.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi all. So here is my introduction. I am currently living in Istanbul. Born here but grew up in Aus and moved back to Istanbul a few years ago to pursue some business opportunities. Love footy and love my club and thankfully due to the age of technology we live in I am able to follow the pies even though I am living on the other side of the world. I do dearly miss watching a live game while eating a 4 and 20 which has somehow been heated to a temperature which should according to the laws of physics, be impossible.
The hardest thing about living in Europe is that they also follow a game called football but in their football it is totally acceptable to be stretchered off the ground for breaking a fingernail. Does my head in.

No comment required.

Currently Dane Swan but I have a feeling that in the future it will be Taylor Adams
Amongst the past players. Darren Millane and Gavin Brown.

Shaws smother on the goal line in the Grand Final was pretty awesome

I have no idea. All I know is that there is no time within my accessible memory that I wasn't one.

PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!
Hi all. So here is my introduction. I am currently living in Istanbul. Born here but grew up in Aus and moved back to Istanbul a few years ago to pursue some business opportunities. Love footy and love my club and thankfully due to the age of technology we live in I am able to follow the pies even though I am living on the other side of the world. I do dearly miss watching a live game while eating a 4 and 20 which has somehow been heated to a temperature which should according to the laws of physics, be impossible.
The hardest thing about living in Europe is that they also follow a game called football but in their football it is totally acceptable to be stretchered off the ground for breaking a fingernail. Does my head in.

No comment required.

Currently Dane Swan but I have a feeling that in the future it will be Taylor Adams

I have no idea. All I know is that there is no time within my accessible memory that I wasn't one.
Welcome ottoman. Absolutely love the same favourite Collingwood moment. I'm quite sure I will never get tired of seeing Shawry come up behind him like a librarian. Still sends shivers down my spine and must keep Riewoldt in a cold sweat as he sleeps most nights!

No comment required.

Welcome ottoman !

You share the city by the Bosphorus with Iskender Time .

Curious, are one of you the husband of the manic MFC following, Chris Dawes loving prinny winifred ? (See here )

Drop us a postcard sometime in the postcards thread here ?

Back