Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Remove this Banner Ad

i couldnt find a working stream. and last weekend was out of town. going to give it another try this weekend.
You can always watch them on the AFL website.

Hi All,

1) Who do I barrack for?
Pies 22yrs & counting

2) Who's my favourite Collingwood player?
ATM Seedsman & Fasolo, in the past Rocca Brothers as a kid, Taz & Bucks also hold a very special place in my heart

3) What is my favourite Collingwood moment?
Halfway through 3rd qtr of 2010 Replay. Just knew we had it. 02/03 was tough as a kid, high school was even tougher haha

4) How did I come to be a Pies fan?
Born that way, never known anything else

1) Who do you barrack for?
Collingwood all the way :D
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player?
Dayne Beams. But I also like seeds, Elliot and Marley Williams
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?
2011 prelim. It was all a blur. Did not know who had kicked any of the goals in the last quarter until I watched the replay in the morning!
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan?
Dad made sure I became one. Really started enjoying football in 2006. Became a member in 2007 and been a member since. Go to all Victorian games.

Where is the suggestion or feedback board section.When my 5 days initiation is up,im pretty sure im gona hav a new thread up my sleeve.Instuctions please

Alrighty.For those that care- here is an insight to the klocstar-aka-DRIZZT.Team I follow is maggies-no brainer but was asked earlier by bbb if I was saints or pies.FAV PLAYER-when daisy and pendles got drafted,i had to choose,i chose daisy coz of his flair(and I think we all agree,anyone with a last name pendlebury-has no chance of being any good)-oops.Bit of trivia,i went to daisys first game at subi,we had organised to be in changerooms at end of game but bouncers were keepin us out.We had been chattin with a lovely lady outside back door while security was denying us access.Once a pies official came to back door,said lovely lady(to our suprise),IM MRS MAXWELL,AND THATS MY SON INSIDE,(Yes ladies and gents,the mother of our most recent premiership captain)she was promptly let inside, but not before she recommended yours truly was also allowed inside.Once I got inside,i headed to my new fav player(yes-daisy),to sign my recently purchased maggies guernsey-with fresh number 13 stamped on back.No joke-as dale signed my jumper(even though we won,he didnt play well),my comment to him was,"not your best game today"-i could see he wasnt impressed with my FOOT IN MOUTH disease.Still gutted to this day I chose him over pendles,(esp considerin my birthdate is 16th-pendles first number,and my lucky/fav number is 10),could hav followed him from beginning but instead chose the fricken disloyal fathercomplex mercenary surfer.Favourite moment was 2010 final against geel when we tore them a new one-in particular the leigh(warnie) brown legbreak goal from 100mtrs(has extended by 10mtrs every yr),when that went through,i knew nothin could stop us.How did I become a pie- being european and growin up in perth mining town,started followin west coast in 94 due to my father-not seriously though.Few yrs later, due to busy study schedule,ditched footy and only had time for schumacher and rossi.Almost 10yrs later,through my best friend which I met in the mining industry,started to watch footy again.This friend of mine happened to be a pies supporter and after watchin few games with him,watchin a young exciting pies side,my love for footy began.Unfortunately for me- this was the year we lost to brisbane for a 2nd consectutive grand final.This year I celebrated my 10th anniversary as a pies member(does that answer your question bbb)and I still remember the day we won our first premiership(for me anyway)as my happiest day.If your still readin this-thank you

Hey guys, I'm a huge Pies fan and recent disappointments have made me turn to the interwebs and sites like this as a means to vent (and hopefully celebrate, eventually). Favourite Pies player currently has to be Pendles but growing up it was Didak and Jimmy Clement. #1 Pies moment is a toss-up between beating the Dons on Anzac Day in the wet in 02 and winning the extra time final against West Coast in 07. Hopefully we'll reclaim some of that glory soon!

G'day guys changed my name today from Thepiesman! to ThisIsJake. some of you might've already seen me about but i've never come to this thread before.

So yeah i'm a diehard Collingwood supporter and i know a hell of a lot about footy, because i'm studying to be an AFL journalist.

I've started 10 or so threads now and log in most days. So remember the name because i'll be around here for a long time :).

Hi all, my name is Nick.

I'm a through and through pies fan since I can remember. My all time fave player is Daics!

Best moments would be witnessing 1990 and 2010, but also seeing the scum win the spoon in 2002, 2005 and 2006. Heck I'll even list beating them by 108 points in 2002 as one of my best moments. Still filthy McKernan kicked the last goal of the game against us. I don't let go easily as you can tell.

Go pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi everyone,
I'm a Collingwood supporter but i don't have a favourite player. I have horrible luck with favourite players as every time i declare i have one they seem to leave at season end, so not worth the risk! My favourite Collingwood moment was the 2010 season, it was a very happy time for me!! All my family barrack for Collingwood and as the youngest i didn't dare barrack for anyone else. I can't wait to see how this season ends, Go Pies!!

Hi All,
Ryan
Bus driver, drummer
Married, 3yo daughter who can sing our anthem.

1) Who do I barrack for?
Pies! 28 years to date

Tony Francis, Scott Russell, Buckley, Taz, Wakes, Broomy

2010 Grand Final. Day off work, drinks, mate
Any ANZAC day match.
OK, so that's more than one.

Dad's mother-in-law followed Carlton, so he got his first born son (me) to follow the Pies. Dad doesnt follow the footy at all.
I'm die hard Pies all the way.

Gday

Thought i would introduce myself.
Favorite players
Pendles who i consider our all time best player ever by a mile (since i remember which is 1972) Heath Shaw *sigh* and in the olden days Phil Carmen Billy Picken, Gavin Brown and Graeme Wright
Favorite moment
Heaths smother , Dennis Banks knocking out Rhys Jones (is that politically correct?) Speaking to John Burke on the phone while at work who was really happy to talk about that moment at the Lakeside Oval and was even proud about it. "hi my name is John Burke, i would like to inquire about becoming a drainer" "you don't happen to be the John Burke who went berserk at the Lakeside Oval?" "yeah thats me mate {maniacal laughter} followed by a long conversation about it.
Why did I become a Pies Supporter
Pies supporter since i was 6 when i saw a jiffy donut bag that said that Collingwood had won the most premierships at the time. (the old man who was an immigrant tried to make me a Hawthorn supporter but failed). Also some 6 year old kid convinced me that Peter McKenna kicked 97 goals in a game which i believed until i was 10, then I saw Peter Mckenna on young talent time and his singing won me over.

Gday

Thought i would introduce myself.
Favorite players
Pendles who i consider our all time best player ever by a mile (since i remember which is 1972) Heath Shaw *sigh* and in the olden days Phil Carmen Billy Picken, Gavin Brown and Graeme Wright
Favorite moment
Heaths smother , Dennis Banks knocking out Rhys Jones (is that politically correct?) Speaking to John Burke on the phone while at work who was really happy to talk about that moment at the Lakeside Oval and was even proud about it. "hi my name is John Burke, i would like to inquire about becoming a drainer" "you don't happen to be the John Burke who went berserk at the Lakeside Oval?" "yeah thats me mate {maniacal laughter} followed by a long conversation about it.
Why did I become a Pies Supporter
Pies supporter since i was 6 when i saw a jiffy donut bag that said that Collingwood had won the most premierships at the time. (the old man who was an immigrant tried to make me a Hawthorn supporter but failed). Also some 6 year old kid convinced me that Peter McKenna kicked 97 goals in a game which i believed until i was 10, then I saw Peter Mckenna on young talent time and his singing won me over.

Some great reasons, right there, for becoming a Pies fan.

Favorite moment

That John Bourke story is a crack up.

"You've gotta get the boy off!"

"He's into someone in the crowd. Errr he's given him one too. He's done well"

1) Who do I barrack for?
The mighty magpies ofcourse 34yrs and going strong

historically Tony Shaw and Milane. Current day Beam's and was Bally

1990 GF standing in the old southern stand as a 10 year old and the old man telling me to enjoy this moment. As he had seen nearly every loss since '58

Dad follows Collingwood.

1) Who do I barrack for?
Collingwood

2) Who's my favourite Collingwood player
Dane Swan

Final siren 2010 GF ... Same goes for 1990 when pants raised the ball

Followed my older brother and never looked back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back