The West Is Ours

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty cringeworthy and wanky.

I mean, what does it even mean? A dig at Freo? Freo who have had the wood on us for years and have been a better club in recent history? Seems silly.
A 'warning' to clubs coming over here to play? Yeah, because our home ground has totally been our fortress in recent times hasn't it? Again, silly.

At the end of the day, it's just a slogan. It just happens to be a s**t slogan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a decent slogan, even if it may sound like the line was ripped from some old 60s spaghetti western film, although using it after 2 seasons where freo have DOMINATED us in every aspect is just plain stupid. No wonder they call us arrogant

"The Westisaurs"

revell_pteranodon_85-6515.jpg

Wings and everything - I like it!

Not impressed. Not only do we look silly if we lose to Freo, same for Greater Western Sydney and Western Bulldogs. I also think we need to be sure we have a winning record at Paterson Stadium. Otherwise it would make sense to say "the west is ours to share the spoils"!

Prefer something fundamental to the Eagles like "With Our Wings We're Flying High". That would mean that we need to restore the old wings and guess what marketers - you get a bunch of kids wanting to buy a new jumper!

Sound like the club and players are ready to man up

Not impressed. Not only do we look silly if we lose to Freo, same for Greater Western Sydney and Western Bulldogs. I also think we need to be sure we have a winning record at Paterson Stadium. Otherwise it would make sense to say "the west is ours to share the spoils"!

Prefer something fundamental to the Eagles like "With Our Wings We're Flying High". That would mean that we need to restore the old wings and guess what marketers - you get a bunch of kids wanting to buy a new jumper!
Seems like you want them to play it safe - something the club has been ridiculed for doing lately.

The west is ours ?

Are we talking about renewal membership, and the sticker that says "the west is" then your suburb.

Are they saying that because we still have a 55% market share of WA ?

And Freo has something like a 40% share, with 5% the other afl teams ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back