The Western Bulldogs Next Coach

Who do you want to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The list doesn't inspire me too much. Has everyone eliminated the possibility we make a big play for a coach currently at another club?
Nice
Some imagination
Sadly at the moment we are focused on cheap
Our first two options were chosen by Google + search engine by highest rank and best linkdin cv
Lee Tudor & Luke beveridge

Interviews will be conduct via Twitter
bomber or Choco disqualified themselves because they don't have Twitter accounts or instagrAm

Ross jumped ship from a team that was about to bottom about to a team that was on the verge of pushing deep into the finals.
I don't think he would jump ship again. Not for another year or two.

Ross jumped ship from a team that was about to bottom about to a team that was on the verge of pushing deep into the finals.
I don't think he would jump ship again. Not for another year or two.

I think 2015 is Freo's last chance. Maybe we get in his ear next year, let Murphy Captain Coach the team this year. Really mix s**t up.

No logic or reason behind this but Beveridge just doesn't really fill me with any confidence. Just seems a bit too blase with it all. Taking a year out of his post-playing AFL career doesn't really strike me as the type of thing a successful senior coach would do.

Monty needs to get the chop for obvious reasons.

A big no to dinosaurs like Ayres for me.

I liked Ratten as an option, but seemingly he's not in the race.

Tudor still the stand out.

Sumich seems to be second best.

Media only so far. Sam Landsberger (Dad is our club Doctor) has published the shortlist in HS, his mail is usually good though..

Sam is a bit hit and miss though. I'd suggest that no-one really knows, including Sam and his Dad.

No logic or reason behind this but Beveridge just doesn't really fill me with any confidence. Just seems a bit too blase with it all. Taking a year out of his post-playing AFL career doesn't really strike me as the type of thing a successful senior coach would do.

I don't have a stand-out personal favourite amoungst the candidates, however I really do like that Beveridge has had a 'real' job and has risen up the ranks in a professional, non-football environment. He was successful in his other profession but left it to go back to footy whilst his non-football professional star was still on the rise.

Beveridge will bring a depth of experience in the non-AFL world that few, or perhaps no other candidates have. You could argue Luke is well rounded with a wider range of personal and professional experiences.

I don't have a stand-out personal favourite amoungst the candidates, however I really do like that Beveridge has had a 'real' job and has risen up the ranks in a professional, non-football environment. He was successful in his other profession but left it to go back to footy whilst his non-football professional star was still on the rise.

Beveridge will bring a depth of experience in the non-AFL world that few, or perhaps no other candidates have. You could argue Luke is well rounded with a wider range of personal and professional experiences.

I wouldn't be too upset if we appointed him. If you watch the Hawks backline closely it is like poetry in motion. The way they cover for each other and shut down nearly every opposition attack. He would be a massive help for our young backline.

I am sure he would have learnt a lot about the rest of the game from Clarko in his time at the Hawks. Important to surround him with good quality assistant coaches.

The list doesn't inspire me too much. Has everyone eliminated the possibility we make a big play for a coach currently at another club?
Doesn't matter if they don't inspire anyone,they need to be able to coach .
Who actually knows the inner workings of the candidates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't matter if they don't inspire anyone,they need to be able to coach .
Who actually knows the inner workings of the candidates.

The other thing I don't like is that he's only had 2 years of AFL coaching experience. I don't think that's enough.

Agreed with most of that, but according to the AFL site it's between Sumich, Montgomery or Beveridge. No mention of Tudor since the search started

The other thing I don't like is that he's only had 2 years of AFL coaching experience. I don't think that's enough.

Two years at Collingwood as a Development Coach and three years at Hawthorn as an Assistant Coach - that makes five years of AFL coaching experience.

Two years at Collingwood as a Development Coach and three years at Hawthorn as an Assistant Coach - that makes five years of AFL coaching experience.

Anyone know how much experience Clarkson had before he was appointed at Hawks (out of interest)?

I suppose if Sumich gets the job, Danny Southern won't be getting a gig as an assistant.

Other than the Wallis hit on Heady, the only enjoyable part is 1:50 in...At least we won the brawl.

Anyone know how much experience Clarkson had before he was appointed at Hawks (out of interest)?

Assistant St Kilda 99
Werribee Senior Coach 2000
Central Districts Senior Coach 01-02
Port Adelaide Midfield/Forward 03-04

So only 3 years in AFL but 6 years in total.

Ah I read that the collingwood role was more in the management side of things rather than coaching?

I couldn't count properly on his Hawthorn time... oops. 3 years there, yep.

Assistant St Kilda 99
Werribee Senior Coach 2000
Central Districts Senior Coach 01-02
Port Adelaide Midfield/Forward 03-04

So only 3 years in AFL but 6 years in total.
Beveridge also had 3 years coaching VAFA (for 3 premierships) so you could say 8 years in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back