The What Band/Music Can You Not Stop Listening To ATM Thread

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On high rotation at the minute...

RoOGrrrl

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor
May 18, 2013
Truth or Consequences
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have had this 4-disc set playing in my car for the last couple of months, "80 From America: 4 CD's of American Classics." Contains classic rock, pop, country & western, soul, blues, etc. from artists such as ZZ Top, Johnny Cash, Lynard Skynard, Earth Wind & Fire, The Jackson 5, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Janis Joplin, just to name a few. Highly recommend. :thumbsu: Picked it up from BigW, I think it was, for about $24.95.

Another disc-set I've been listening to a bit is a compilation called "Lord of the Boards: Park Pipe Swell," which I got from an Op Shop for $1.00. :thumbsu: The Vines, End of Fashion, Augie March, Ben Harper, John Butler Trio, Xavier Rudd, Grinspoon, etc.

On high rotation at the minute...

(Another) fantastic Drones album. Typically brilliant lyrics also. (Love the one about the lime green Commodore in "Nine Eyes".)

Vid for the title track....

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That lime green line is a cracker but I expect nothing else from Liddiard. His whole solo album is likea collection of the best lyrics ever put to song, especially Did she scare all your friends away and Radicallisation of D. Will Sheff writes a fair song too but Liddiard is a phenom.

RoOGrrrl

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor
May 18, 2013
Truth or Consequences
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The new Digitalism track - I think it's called '32 Degrees Farenheit'. Can't find a link online anywhere, but it's been getting a bit of airplay on jjj this last week. Turn volume up to 45 in the car and be prepared for your ears to be made love to (if you're into that sort of thing...)

I've played this about 15 times this week. It's become embedded in my brain.

It's such joyful music. Try to keep in time with the drummer.

Albert Lee (guitarist-extraordinaire), Vince Gill and band, Joe Bonamassa's current bass player and a fantastic bit of piano just before the end.

I'm working my way through Paul Kelly's A-Z recordings (8 disc box set). I normally prefer his stuff with a backing band over his solo/acoustic stuff, but I'm really enjoying these.

Lums23

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United
Really into The National right now

I have been travelling back in time to the showgaze era of the early nineties, and one band inparticular I've been listening too a lot is LUSH. They seem to be all but forgotten, but Emma and Miki created some of the finest songs of the decade including Last Night, When I Die, Light From A Dead Star, Nothing Natural, For Love, 500 (Shake Baby Shake), Thoughtforms and Hypocrite.

Back